Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I knew there would be some kind of payoff to those Anti-Monitor points, but holy poo poo am I happy I've been hoarding those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Click here for the full 536x800 image.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

profbobo posted:

He's heeeeere! Awesome figure. Paint job is excellent, head sculpt looks absolutely nuts, and the axe head is real metal. loving aces. My pics are poo poo, but you get the idea.

That is one swank rear end lunatic.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

New info about the Hot Toys "Policeman" Joker

Turns out that calling it Policeman Joker is only a half-truth. He's got an entire complete costume for being Joker proper, with gun, cards, knife, and even the grenades-with-thumb-string. Looks like the big feature is actually the ability to move both of the eyes in either head, so you're no longer stuck with him looking in one direction.

I am so glad I held off on buying the previous Jokers.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Fish Of Doom posted:

Holy tits, it's the DCUC Power Girl!

Click here for the full 619x1200 image.

I wonder if she'll show up in the next Wal-Mart wave (wave 10) or in wave 12 since we already know what wave 11 is:

Forager
Katma Tui
John Stewart
Shark
Steppenwolf
Question
Deadman
Cyborg Superman

Somewhere in wave 10 or 12, we're also getting a brown Man-bat and Joker.

Sweet dirty pillows, that is awesome. I love that Four Horsemen have gotten free reign to make whatever figures they want, and further love them for apparently wanting figures of just about every group I'm most interested in.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I wish I'd never found this thread (or one of the earlier iterations); I was fine just buying DC Superheroes, Sideshow's The Dead, and the rare statue, but now I've got so many Hot Toys on pre-order it's loving ridiculous.

But they're so loving awesome ;_;

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Looking for some advice: I'm going to be moving next week, and I'm just about packed except for my figures. Anybody whose done this before have any suggestions? I'm going to another state, so they'll be getting boxed up & hauled via moving van, and I've got a shitload of loose figures; Marvel Legends & DC Classics make up the vast majority. Obviously, spare parts and other small bits get their own ziplock baggie, but what of the figures themselves? Toss 'em all together in a box tape it shut; wrap each in paper, mummy-style; some third way I haven't considered? I realize it'll get pretty warm in a moving truck, so I'm leaning towards the latter, but just wanted some input from y'all.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Hot poo poo, that is loving awesome. And kudos for finally getting to have a complete Reign of the Supermen set.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

That is a super creepy rape face.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Bushifox posted:

Then they got it right I guess.

There's no denying how good Hot Toys has gotten about faces recently. Check out the Blade that Sideshow just put up for pre-order:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900553

Makes me not so bummed my old Medicom one broke.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

profbobo posted:

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=products&product_id=496

Oh my god Hot Toys just stop it. I can't afford this stuff.

Oh poo poo, it comes with an articulated robot arm. That excites me far more than it should.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Pleatherface posted:

What do people think of Minimates in this forum? Are they generally cheered or jeered?

Minimates are awesome and have only been getting better as time goes on; the Marvel ones are easily the best "figure" scale of Marvel stuff coming out anymore.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The Rage posted:

Apparently on 12/23 MattyCollector is going to sell the Wave 11 DCUC figures as a boxed set.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.169458200

The only figure not included is the clear Deadman chase, but poo poo, all of wave 11 in one swoop.

I recall reading that all future waves, starting with 11, will be sold online as a set in some capacity, although I can't for the life of me track down where I read this.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

AlkalinePunk posted:

Is Darksied worth the 105 dollars that is the question =(.

Darkseid is!

Other suitable responses include:

Anti-Life is the answer!

Buy for Darkseid!

Anti-Life justifies my purchase!

Give in!

Anti-Life, the choice that's made for you!

If the new one is anything like the previous Darkseid the Four Horseman made, yeah, it could very well be worth it. That one was made in a way that his skin felt significantly different from his suit (almost chalky), and had Kirby-tech on his feet. He still stands watching everything in my room.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Jace Madan posted:

Those are the ones that the MAX Terror Inc. was in right?

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

I will buy the everloving poo poo out of this if they make it. Then I will send them love letters every day until the day I die.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I've used CornerStoreComics a number of times to get newer stuff. They update quickly, but usually restock their inventory half-a-dozen times before the next wave of something comes out (going by DC Superheroes here). You won't find much older stuff, but if you preorder things, you'll definitely be happy to have done so.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Obsidian, Gold and Zatanna are loving pimp, and Ultra-Humanite looks crazy awesome. Alan Scott's :haw: face is an...interesting choice.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Fish Of Doom posted:

^^^That's really nicely painted.

There's been some interesting stuff so far at Toyfair.

Remember that vote for the next Marvel 2-packs thing? Well they finally revealed the other 3 figures that will accompany the winners.

Deadpool / Warpath
Black Widow / Winter Soldier
Valkyrie / Hulk

The Hulk figure is a repaint of the red hulk BAF with a new head.

And there will be 6" figures for Iron Man 2, like those Crimson Dynamo and Titanium man prototypes from a few pages back, but because god is a bastard, they're exclusive to Wal-mart.
I hate Wal-Mart exclusivity so much; at least other chains have somewhat reasonable distribution; I've actually gotten some Toys'R'Us and Target exclusives before.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Jet Ready Go posted:

Worst 2-Pack ever! :/

If a repainted Romat Ru head on a base GL body means a wholly new sculpt for Guy, it's totally worth it.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

RevKrule posted:

There's a three pack coming out w/him as parralax.
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/2/6/0/2/DCU-375-something_00005_1266207579.jpg

Those are the 3-inch DC Infinite Heroes; Kyle is the last of the four Earth lanterns without a DC Classics figure.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

gently caress yeah, Stilt-Man minimate!

Anybody wanna identify the two figures on the back left next to Stilt-Man, though? I think the green/purple is old school Mandarin, but the blue armor dude is beyond me.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Fish Of Doom posted:

It's slightly different. The clayface pack has the small yellow symbol and bright yellow belt. The new one that TRUs are getting solid cases of has a huge only black symbol and a darker yellow belt.

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=4005

But yeah, it's basically the same figure and I predict it will sit on shelves for a while. I have no idea why everyone's falling over themselves to get it.

A lot of collectors view this particular costume color scheme as the "signature" modern Batman outfit, and have been bugging Mattel to do it for some time. They got all pissy that the Clayface 2-pack version was so close to it but covered in "mud," so Mattel's response is to shove this version as far down the consumer's throat as it possibly can. Then a little bit more.

I'm happy with the six other versions of the same exact Batman I've been forced to get in order to get other exclusives or finish a BAF. Well, happy in that I don't need to buy a Batman just to own a particular suit; I'd still rather get new characters than more Batmen or Supermen.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Holy loving poo poo, Hot Toys War Machine

Larger pictures here

Hot Toys, you're killin' me here; I don't have the cash to keep pre-ordering this poo poo, but I don't have the restraint to miss something this awesome. Moveable fingers shouldn't excite me as much as they are.

edit: In other Hot Toys psuedo-comics news, They got the license for toys for the upcoming Predators by Robert Rodriguez, a movie I didn't even know about until now, and new Predators are always nice.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 15, 2010

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

funtax posted:

This is a pleasant surprise. DCUC Wave 5 will be re-released via MattyCollector in May:

:dance::dance::dance: This is fantastic news. You just made my day.

edit: Oh snap, they go up the day after my birthday, too. Happy Birthday to me

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Whorehey posted:

It's good to see wave 5 being reissued because it was such a bitch to collect. I'm not sure how to feel about them being issued in one package ala Gotham City Five Pack, however. At this point, owning the original wave, I wouldn't mind buying a new Atom or Black Lightning for a figure with a better paint job but this all-or-nothing packaging will prevent me from doing that. It's not the end of the world, it's something I could fix during the summer when I have a bit more time on my hands anyway. Besides, I should probably finish off Wave 10 and start 11 or 12 before I start to re-buy figures.

Speaking of waves 10, 11, and 12: I've been busy and short on cash due to college and I'm curious as to the current difficulty in finding figures from these waves? I haven't been able to get to the Walmart in Saline, Michigan in the last few months and that's the only store I've seen that carries any DCUC figure post-wave 6. So I guess, in short, how hard is it to get my grubby little hands on Man-Bat from wave 10 and all of waves 11 and 12?

Wave 12 at least should be pretty easy.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sanschel posted:

Holy loving poo poo, Hot Toys War Machine

Larger pictures here

Hot Toys, you're killin' me here; I don't have the cash to keep pre-ordering this poo poo, but I don't have the restraint to miss something this awesome. Moveable fingers shouldn't excite me as much as they are.

edit: In other Hot Toys psuedo-comics news, They got the license for toys for the upcoming Predators by Robert Rodriguez, a movie I didn't even know about until now, and new Predators are always nice.
Now for pre-order at Sideshow :o:

Pretty soon I'll have enough Sideshow points to completely cover the cost of one of these things.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It may be because of SECRET FIGURE INSIDE

That's why Figure Factory were so addictive; "Oh poo poo oh poo poo OH YEAH, I got the Thor what'd you get?"

"I got the Blade where one of the zombies is disintegrating but it just looks like rotten meat in a vaguely human shape."

"poo poo dude, sorry. gently caress yeah Thor"

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Oh god that Plastic Man I must have that Plastic Man

He turns into a motherfucking suitcase, why would anybody not want that?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Question for those of you who collect and open 6" figures: where do you store them when not displaying them?

I recently moved and need to find something better than cardboard boxes in which to keep my Marvel Legends and DC Classics, but I'm concerned about them fermenting if I get plastic bins and they wind up in them for a long time.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

So when the economy starts turning around, can we expect to see the prices go back down a bit? Or is that just silly?

Maybe. Another problem comes into play when a company that has a relative corner on a niche market like this raises prices; because there's not as much competition in terms of other collectibles like these (the DC Direct stuff is nice, but lacking the variety and poseability of DC Classics), there's not as much reason for them to lower the price when they see that people are willing to pay out the nose for these things.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

ToyNewsI has pics of the Guy Gardner up.

Love that smarmy grin.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I was browsing Marvelous News and found some backstories I hadn't seen here, so I'll link them for those interested.

Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Black Widow She has real hair! And a weird facial expression. Much as owning Scarlett Johansson would be nice, I think I can safely pass on this one.

Toys'R'Us Series 7 Minimates Ugh, more TRU exclusive minimates to either stab someone in the parking lot to get, or pay retarded ebay prices for. Even worse, the TRU exclusives are loving awesome: Gamma Hulk & Hulkbuster, and original Psylocke and Lockjaw. LOCKJAW. gently caress YOU EXCLUSIVITY I WANT LOCKJAW.

Captain America Through the Ages Minimates Poll Until May 31, pick which Cap you like best for a new boxed set. The only really new ones are the "Frozen in Ice" and "Stupid 90s Armor" versions; the others have all been made in some fashion.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Finally got through on my order, took loving forever. I hope they learn their lesson about how many greedy toy nerds exist on this planet and amp up their servers before the DCUC Trigon wave goes up next month.

CapnAndy posted:

While you guys are waiting, wanna answer a semi-odd question? I've got a collection of zombies going and was wondering if you could point me at any I've missed. From Resident Evil I have regular zombie (with the arms and hands that come off and the pegs are modelled to look like muscle and bone when they're apart, he's my favorite), lab coat zombie, and crimson head zombie. From Dawn of the Dead I have Dr. Tongue. From Marvel Select I have Zombie Spider-Man and Zombie Colonel America. From Blackest Night I have Black Lantern Firestorm, Black Lantern Kal-L, and Black Hand. I intentionally didn't get Zombie Hulk, Black Lantern Wonder Woman, and Dawn of the Dead Hare Krishna Zombie because they didn't look that rotted (WW isn't rotted at all), and skipped Black Lantern Aquaman and Martian Manhunter because ehhhh. I may get them later, at least they're all decomposed.

So I'm looking for 6" scale zombies who are visibly, y'know, gross and zombie-looking. Any suggestions?
A few years ago Mezco Toyz released three zombies that were really nasty in a one-shot line called "Attack of the Living Dead." There were three of them (Jake, Earl, and Hellen), and they each came in a number of different skin colors (light, dark, glow-in-the-dark, and black-and-white). Additionally, there were certain head molds that were on some and not on others (example: there was a "normal" Jake head, with just whited out zombie eyes, and also a head where maggots are pouring out his eye socket; there's also two Helen heads that aren't much different, but the variant for Earl includes a eye falling out of the socket). They came with accessories like a half-eaten torso, a brain and other random body parts. Additionally, many of their normal body parts are removable to make them even more decrepit; well, not Helen's, but both Jake and Earl you can pop out arms, legs, or even Earl's jaw if you want to.

Here's a few websites with pics:
http://www.dreadcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2141&sid=e623f9033f0ad4a97f957c516fef916f
http://www.oafe.net/poe/mez_alde.php
http://www.oafe.net/yo/mez_aldh.php

Unfortunately, the line never sold as well as it could have, and the proposed second wave never got made, and the line is out of production and sold out on Mezco's website, so you'll probably have to track it down on ebay or something. Totally worth it if you want the goriest zombie toys ever made, though.

edit: yeah, checked on ebay and it looks like there's a number of 'em on there for cheap for ya

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 15, 2010

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

If ya'll are looking at getting a T-1000, maybe you should splurge on this bad boy from Hot Toys.

I don't collect their Terminator stuff, but holy gently caress that one looks awesome. They even included the wagging "no, no, no" finger.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Mattel also announced a Green Lantern Classics line and showed the following figures:

Sinestro Corps Mongul
Kyle Rayner
Manhunter Robot
Maash (Sinestro Corps)
the Sinestro Corps dude with the leach head
Black Lantern Abin Sur
Arkillo as the BAF
There's also a pic of either Ch'p or B'dg, I'd assume he's an accessory.

Also a 12-figure Legion of Super-Heroes collector set sculpted by Four Horsemen through MattyCollector:

Superboy
Cosmic Boy
Lightning Lad
Saturn Girl
Brainiac 5
Chameleon Boy
Ultra Boy
Karate Kid
Wildfire
Matter-Eater Lad
Timberwolf
Colossal Boy

Comes with a Proty accessory and a die-cast flight ring

Panel pics here: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2010_SDCC%2FMattel%2FDC_Panel&dispsize=800&start=100

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

There are a few of those figures I never did manage to track down, and now I'm too poor to go hunting for them on ebay. At least I can look forward to one day adding them to my collection. Meanwhile, those overpriced, butt-ugly "Classics" figures are a poor substitute. There's just no artistry there.

The Four Horsemen seem to be artistically stuck in the '70s and '80s sometimes. For every awesome Guy Gardner or Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle we get, we also seem to get a buttload of Super Powers rejects nobody but them gives a poo poo about. Admittedly, the Cyclotron figure was better than I expected, but figures like him and Golden Pharoah are taking up space that could be better devoted to finishing out the teams they've already started that people do, in fact, seem to care about.

The same thing happens with MOTUC; they're so bent on nostalgia for the original toys that they gimp themselves artistically.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Does he have a bowl cut again?

loving hell!

If it makes you feel better, in this December's DC Heroclix set, there's gonna be a Green/Red Guy Gardner wielding a chainsaw. Here's an article with a terrible picture of the unpainted prototype sculpt.

Maybe they'll make a modern Guy in future waves of Green Lantern Classics, assuming the first one sells well (which I'd hazard a guess it will).

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Some news about Green Lantern Classics Wave 2 from NYCC

Apparently, this wave'll have a three-pack of B'dg, Despotellis and Dex-Starr; I fully expect that to be impossible to find and cost a fortune on the secondary market. It's also got a pair (quartet?) of interchangeable figures; one for GLs, and more impressively, one for Red Lanterns, wherein one of the figures was designed by the Four Horsemen and will eventually show up in the comics with the godawful name of Night Lik (that would be the Predator-looking dude with the harness). Otherwise the line appears to have Sodam Yat, Carol Ferris, and a fuckawesome Stel; I pray the quality control on these improves from what the recent lines have been, to gently caress up a sculpt that sick with shoddy paint or poor joints would be a sin.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

ShimSham posted:

So I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find a DC Superheroes Series 8 Batman (Black and Gray) from about 2 years or so ago. - Pictured http://www.oafe.net/poe/art/dcsh8bat1.jpg

Anyone happen to know of any place to find such an item? Loose is even acceptable.

Here's the only auction for said figure I find on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pre-DCU-Classics-DC-Superheroes-Black-Gray-Batman-VHTF-/180572908626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0afbec52

Good luck, that line was expensive as hell when it was brand new. Now that it's been off shelves a few years, you'll probably pay through the nose for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Galactus is 30 bucks now on amazon :)

Also, anyone have one of those Star Wars statues.. I forget the line name, but I think it was FX or something close to it. The statues had little bases and were in dynamic poses?

I was looking for the bespin vader one (with the "falling down stairs action" look), but can't remember what the hell it was called.

I think you're talking about the Unleashed line.