Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

chappey posted:

Nerd of Prey, looks like you could take the arms/legs from a Vulcan body and make it work with some dyeing.

Edit: That might actually be the Spider-Shot arms and legs 🤔

I was looking at Spider-shot in the store today and thinking he'd be almost perfect for a parts swap, except there's a lot of red paint around the wrists that would be annoying (but possible) to remove. Maybe if he goes on clearance someday I'll try it. I'm not that bothered by the joint pins on Symbiote Spidey when it comes down to it, it's still a good figure. Don't know if it's worth it to mess with it.

The joint pins on Silver Surfer bother me more, which is why I was a little frustrated to learn they're reissuing the exact same figure instead of making a better one.

That picture with black Daredevil reminds me they need to make a Netflix Daredevil with his black ninja outfit. Maybe not a hard custom to make, but an official release would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

If anyone is interested in this guy, I just wanted the BAF parts. Need a kenner style batman?

Yes!

And for the record that is a Toy Biz style Batman, based on the toy shortly before Kenner got the license.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4057283&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Lowered the prices on the HT. Last month I’m gonna peddle this poo poo. I’ll have a car soon so I won’t be stuck to my fate of having no job lol

But I gotta pay the rent. So if you want some cheapish hot toys that go for more online lmk lol

I really like the GI Joes I bought off you, and I still kinda want to buy more GI Joes off you, but now happens to be a terrible time for me to do that, got a lot of short term expenses hitting at once this month. I'm sure I will be in touch when I have more cash myself.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I feel like I lucked out just by somehow not being interested in the MOTU/TMNT crossover figures, despite liking both properties. I guess when it comes down to it I am kinda into those figures for the nostalgia and the crossover characters just don’t light up that part of my brain. It feels like looking at one of those neon orange Batman figures or something, like it doesn’t read as the right version of any given character. I’m not trying to be a hater, I’m happy if people are enjoying them, but whatever the reason it’s completely not my thing. I walked by a pile of Mouse-Jaws on clearance at a Target and wasn’t tempted in the least.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

Oh, and two Origins naked Stratos, cuz he'll never sell.

Making that guy a main line release and not an online exclusive or something was the worst decision they ever made. That wave, and that guy specifically, sold so poorly that Target and Walmart dropped the whole line. It’s been years and they are still warming the pegs. I still haven’t bought naked Stratos. gently caress that guy.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I got a ship notice from Frazetta Girls for both Darkwolf and Teegra. I thought that’s crazy, I thought that Teegra figure was like a year out! Then I got an email after that confirming my order for Teegra, and it said it cost $0 due to a special discount. I think they hosed up on the first email and said they shipped the two together because I had ordered the two together, then had to basically replace my preorder for Teegra so they can fulfill it later. I’m guessing only Darkwolf is going to be in that box! But it’s a little confusing!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

You know, it was bad enough that there were a thousand TMNT lines going at once, they didn’t have to start taking over all the other toy lines one by one.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

I'd love to get a falcon and tie interceptor but the price is crazy. But these modern vehicles have such nice detail. I love the little targeting computer in y and x wings that you can pull out.

I managed to get the last version of the Falcon that came out a few years ago, and still have it boxed just because I haven’t come up with a way to display it. I have some ideas but it’s likely to take up a whole wall. I really regret that I didn’t get Luke’s X-Wing when it was cheap. I was basically thinking I already have enough X-Wings, but the vintage collection one looks so nice.

On a related note, i’m in some FB groups for model making and some guy was gifted a complete Kenner 1979 Millennium Falcon with still working electronics and all and was debating whether to restore it with repro stickers or paint it up like a model, and thankfully despite it being a model making group, everyone overwhelmingly said “restore it, don’t you dare gently caress up that toy.”

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah from a video I've seen, the galaxy's edge falcon is the same as the last store one they did (legacy maybe?) so I'm looking at options, but I'll probably wait til after I get the ghost. What were you thinking for display? Floating shelf? Hanging the ship on the wall? I could use some ideas.

I have the Galaxy's Edge version. It's a superior repaint of the older Legacy version. I bought mine from Target, it had a limited in-store release, possibly exclusive. Kind of a funny story, I ordered it online and they canceled my order the day it was supposed to arrive, but then I walked into the store and it was sitting on a shelf.

I saw somebody do a wall mount where it was supported (nose-up) by some well-angled, padded shelf brackets on the sides and the back, and I was thinking I would do something similar. Probably with a slab of plywood or something as a base for those things to attach to. Put it down on the base, figure out where all the support points will be and attach the brackets to the base, then mount the base to the wall using long screws and a stud finder. It can sit indefinitely on the shelf brackets, but could also be easily lifted off to mess with it. (It would be possible to tie fishing line across it for earthquake safety too.)

Edit:
It had been years since I looked into this and I checked to see if I could find the thing I found before, and it's this short Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_rXSBuSOAM
I remembered parts of it incorrectly; I guess adding some padding to the shelf brackets was my own idea. Also in the video he just has the brackets screwed straight into drywall and he ran out of screws before finishing the job, so I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing came crashing down a week later. I think the cheap shelf brackets are a brilliant idea, but I would definitely want to build it with a bit more structural integrity.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 3, 2024

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

Rebirth Yuffie (and Cloud) are up for preorder places now. Very excited to grab her in the non-Intermission outfit. :dance:

Forgot to respond to this yesterday but I for one am very excited to see at least one new figure from this line. Lame that of the two announced, one is another Cloud. Not as if the several previous reissues are hard to find. And then Yuffie is mostly gonna be reused parts too, but still, this version is long overdue and I look forward to getting one. I'm glad I never caved in and bought the one in the weird cloak!

Let's just hope that now they've blown the dust off this toy line they will announce a couple more characters.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

Yeah, it's been long enough that I was getting worried they just weren't going to do figures for Rebirth. Hopefully this means they'll definitely at least do Cid and Vincent, since it'd be weird to not complete the team at this point after they did a proper Yuffie. I have no idea how Cait Sith would work, but I'd be here for the monstrosity.

Previously they've done Cait as a random pack-in with a different version of Cid, and as a separate release with his giant moogle or whatever that is. I'm in however they decide to do it, he was a fun character in Rebirth.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Toy Biz 1989 Batman / Kenner 1990 Batman

Thanks to Joe Fisto for hooking me up with the Toy Biz homage figure. It is appropriately hideous, and I love it.

I'd be interested to know the story of Toy Biz. It's got to be fascinating. They somehow fell rear end backwards into success by scoring the Batman movie license before anyone knew what it was actually worth, then almost immediately lost it to a much bigger company. Then they pivoted from DC to Marvel and rode that motherfucker til the wheels fell off. It's funny how they lost DC to Kenner, then Hasbro bought Kenner, then they lost Marvel to Hasbro. And that was right before Iron Man came out.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I celebrated Star Wars Day by rewatching Andor, and it just reminded me how many great characters there are from that show who still need action figures. I'm guessing as a more grounded and mature story it doesn't move toys the way Mandalorian or even Ahsoka or Obi-Wan do, but it deserves them. I realized the only bad guys they made were generic Imperials, none of the named characters made the cut yet, but they were great. I would also appreciate alternate costumes like Luthen Rael disguised as a foppish antiques dealer and Andor in his prison clothes (two-pack with Kino Loy?). I hope they don't forget about Andor in future Black Series waves.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Nanigans posted:

They're making Dedra soon, at least? :shrug:

I hadn't heard this, but it's good news.

Sentinel Red posted:

I'd totally buy Mega Goober Syril and his mate off Eastenders.

Big same. Hopefully in their matching stupid blue and orange battle armor from their ill-fated raid.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

gregday posted:

I finally finished the last bits of my Battlestar Galactica (2003) Viper pilot’s flight suit. This was my first time using a sewing machine, and this green fabric is very tricky, being both stretchy and slippery. I had a very limited quantity so I had to be really careful and absolutely certain about the pattern before cutting it out. I also sewed a cotton blend liner inside it for thickness and comfort. The flak vest I also scratch made from leather, suede, neoprene, and a few other materials.

A couple of details, the gloves, patches, flight pins, pre-flight checklist, are all screen used originals. The sidearm and helmet are really accurate replicas.

A couple of other parts, like some of the gun belt, wristwatch, shoes, are neither screen used nor replicas, but made from the same original source parts as the originals.

This is rad. A friend was talking about BSG today and I told them about your costume.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

gregday posted:

I am in general principle opposed to Funko Pops but I do kind of want to get a pair of Crow and Tom Servo just because I want some kind of figures of them and haven’t ever found anything else.

This is how it starts, isn’t it?

I'm surprised you're not just buying the original puppets, to sit on either side of you while you watch movies.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I just got Cloud by himself from that old line. Really funky articulation but they nailed the style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

iceyman posted:

What's up with Target exclusives? Warbird went up for pre-order and sold out in fractions of a second. That's the 2nd pre-order in a month to do this.

Their exclusives tend to be easy to find in store, they just might not put up a large quantity for preorder. I do hope Warbird becomes as easy to find as past Target exclusives because that one is real high on my wish list.