Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whatup

Saw the first assortment of MU little figures and they look terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AlkalinePunk posted:

Whered you get them?

The comic shop I work at. We also got the new Marvel Universe figures in but we're not supposed to put those out until March.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jet Ready Go posted:

Really? My friend said he saw them on shelves already.

Yeah, the big box retailers often don't give a poo poo about street dates for toys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So some random dude emailed me about buying my entire Muggs collection. Is BSS public?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tmfool posted:

X-Men muggs are out. I picked Cyke up the other day.

gently caress these things are coming out too fast. My buddy already found Baroness and Destro.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Mary Jane didn't use a color safe bleach.

Silly goon, Peter and MJ arn't married, why would she be doing his laundry?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liberal Idiot posted:

I think "in way over their heads" is Shocker Toys' mission statement. Oh, and also "completely loving incompetent and probably a scam."

I'm excited for Scud figures as much as the next guy, but this is a joke that's going on three years for the punchline now. Rob loving Liefeld was able to make Youngblood action figures that actually existed, and he's barely able to tie his own shoes.

If I were you, I would seriously consider asking for my money back. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but there's definitely a pattern of this bullshit from these guys and I would rather never have a Scud action figure than have one made by a bunch of schmucks who make nothing but prototypes and promises.

Did you catch my post a few months back about how Shocker sent emails to hundreds of retailers asking for them to carry Shocker toys under the guise of a potential customer?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

z0rschach posted:

I missed that. That's pretty great. The last Shocker thread on fwoosh read
like this:

Shocker: "Hay guys check out my new stuff"
Fwoosh: "Cool I doubt we'll ever see it (repeat x 100)
Shocker: CLOSE THIS THREAD I CAN'T HANDLE IT

The best part is someone on the CBIA caught them, realized the guy sending the email worked for Shocker and told the forum about it. So many of us took it upon ourselves to write responses to the effect of "We're not carrying them because they look like total poo poo." The dude responded with "well you've lost a potential custome, good job!" When I emailed back that I knew who he worked for he never responded.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jace Madan posted:

Didn't see any Terminator figures, but I saw the new Star Trek movie figures today. Wal-Mart had the 3 3/4" and the 6" ones. The 3 3/4" ones look like absolute crap, they seem really tiny (especially their heads) when compared to Star Wars figures.

The 6" ones were okay, but they really lacked detail, and they still had way too large of a texure on their shirts, making them look like sweaters or something. Plus, they seem to have major production problems, pretty much every figure I saw had paint slop, black specks and smears on the faces, and other noticable defects. Either way, no way in hell were they worth $9. What a waste.

They aren't made by Art Asylum are they?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jace Madan posted:

No, these were the brand new Playmates ones for the new film. Playmates is making both the Trminator: Salvation, and the Star Trek movie figures.

It would have been awesome if Art Asylum/DST would have gotten the rights to do them, I love their 7" scale stuff.

That explains why they suck. AA made the best Trek toys pretty much ever. Playmates stuff was great back in the day but it doesn't measure up to AA's line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Paper Triangle posted:

The Toys R Us my roommate works at just got a shipment of the Atom Smasher set, plus a Batman without a series number. I'm going by after work to grab a Flash/Kid Flash, but there are also a few Bardas available if anyone wants them.

Does anyone know what the Batman fig's deal is? Apparently he doesn't have pictures of the rest of the wave on the back of the box. Is he chase?

I think he's part of the update wave. Diamond has him, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Firestorm and a few others available individually.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bob Cthulhu posted:

How are you guys displaying your Muggs? I've got like 30 of them, and I'm out of space. Some sort of shelf would be preferred, but a case would work, too.

You can buy laminate shelves at Menards/Lowes/Home Depot for as little as $7.00 each.

Joe Fisto posted:

The Wampa wave is on-line only. If you don't want the whole wave BBTS has wampas for sale by themselves. It doesn't look like the preorder is sold out yet.

Now all future Muggs that go to brick and mortar stores will be TRU only. Kinda sucks, but it was that our outright cancellation.

The Wampa line is a Diamond/Online co exclusive. Your local comic shop might have them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Satch posted:

I think my local shop has it, but they overcharge for figures, we're talkin like 17 bucks or so.

I think I mention this like 50 times per figure thread but comic shops do not overcharge on figures.

Most comic shops order their figures and toys from diamond and do not receive the same discounts big box retailers do. The average cost to a comic specialty store per figure is $10.90. That's what WE pay for them. The SRP for DC Direct and DCU is $16.99 as offered by Diamond.

Now if they are marking a figure up to $25 then they are overcharging.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Starsnostars posted:

Who's Forager?

The rest of the line up sounds pretty cool though.

A New God character.

One of my customers (who's usually dead on with his figure info) told me that Wave 11 has a Guy Gardner as GL and the variant will be Guy in his pre Warrior costume.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fish Of Doom posted:

Wave 11, which has been found in walmart computers is supposedly

Katma Tui
John Stewart
Shark
Steppenwolf
Question
Deadman
Cyborg Superman

Question is better than Guy!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Donde Esta posted:

Sarcastic answer: Hit ebay a while ago.

But in the stores I've seen nothing in the Binghamton or Buffalo areas of NY.

Hits comic shops this week I think.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Yeah, but then again MU figures don't come with BAF parts, and a lot of BAF parts go for a couple bucks on their own. So it's basically $2 less for a smaller figure with less accessories and less incentive to complete a set. You also have to consider what LightsGameraAction said, a lot of LCBS will hike up the prices to be $10 or over for them. I can understand the marketing aspect of it, about keeping new stuff out, its just funny to me that people might complain about a new ML Iron man figure coming out, but will still buy new MU IM figures.

I am more than willing to admit that I'm a bitter collector who's just being grouchy about his line he's been collecting dying though :)

I don't know how many times I have to say this.
Your local comic shop does not hike up prices. We have to pay more to even carry the loving things so of course the price is higher. What, you want us to sell you the toys at a $2 loss per figure? gently caress that bullshit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ogmios posted:

Has Anyone seen any DC Universe Classics Wave 8 in stores?

Yes. They've hit Walmarts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fish Of Doom posted:

No one has actually seen these at any mass retail stores, only local comic shops and so forth.

The Walmart across the way from my store has a Parademon and a Gentleman Ghost left.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fish Of Doom posted:

Are you in Canada? Not a single person on Fwoosh or AFI has seen wave 8 at any mass retailer in the US.

Nope. NE Indiana. There's a Wal-Mart distribution center just north of here, we get toys early on all the time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mods rename me posted:

Oh man don't hate!
I liked em but I didn't want to get into another line.
I still would have bought Shipwreck for the little parrot mugg.

The word is there's another wave of GI Joe set to come out once the movie poo poo dies down, another wave of tf once that movie hype dies down and 3 Marvel waves waiting in the wings.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I somehow have 26 Mighty Muggs. I... don't know what to say, other than Might Mugg Galactus is awesome.

Dude I have 67 of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

Dude I have all of them.

I refuse to buy anything related to Episodes 1-3 or else I would probably have all of them. The only ones I don't have that I want are Leia, Snowtrooper and the IJ Idol.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm all over that Blue Devil.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was at Target and they had new Action League figures out! For those that arn't familiar, Action League is the DC version of Super Hero Squad based on the Brave & Bold tv series. I had purchased all of the first wave and have been waiting months for more and just when I'd given up hope they appear! Yay Christmas time!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sanschel posted:

I recall reading that all future waves, starting with 11, will be sold online as a set in some capacity, although I can't for the life of me track down where I read this.

It was actually supposed to start back with Wave 8. Diamond had set up some deal with Mattel to sell complete boxed sets of each wave for the regular SRP but it didn't materialize.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just want that Question. God do I want that figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Picked up 3 more packs of Action League figures. They're just so gosh-darned cute!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've seen everything but the Question which is course the only one I want.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a bunch of DC figures

Shazam w/base
Guardian
Big Barda
Blue Beetle
Firestorm (Ronnie) w/base
Kid Flash
Deadshot
Booster Gold
Booster Gold (Classic) x2

All new in package, $13 each shipped to the continental United States.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 6, 2010

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Action Man posted:

Is this a new year thing? Cause that means barely any difference between Walmart and specialty shops now. What about Target?

I be direct market prices will now go up as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ogmios posted:

Nice Lamp! I would love to have one for each of the original seven members of the Justice League.

I don't think they did one for Martian Manhunter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm with you. Question is the only DCUC figure I want right now, and I've never seen that wave at a Target store.

I've seen the entire wave except for the Question.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funtax posted:

Wow. Kamandi looks really great. Still no Martian Manhunter, though.

Mattel is racist against Martians.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/Mattel/default.asp

Has a bunch of pictures from the Mattel booth at Toy Fair.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/Mattel/image41.asp

GUY loving GARDNER AT LAST.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jet Ready Go posted:

Worst 2-Pack ever! :/

whatEVER. The awesomeness of Guy far outweighs any suckage from Tomar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sanschel posted:

Those are the 3-inch DC Infinite Heroes; Kyle is the last of the four Earth lanterns without a DC Classics figure.

Well he was the last created so he has to wait!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

So I came into work today and we got a case of DCUC and He-Man 2 packs. TRU exclusives. It's the Superman from the Brainiac 2 pack with He-Man and the Lex Luthor from the Supergirl 2 pack and Skeletor. Had no idea these were even comic out. 29.99 a piece.

Those are already out? drat that was quick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You kept the cabinet! Haha I knew you wouldn't let me down gregday!

Back to Iron Man, has anyone been buying all of the new line? I saw them today at Target and they look great but I swear if I buy one I'll buy them all as I have no impulse control at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jet Ready Go posted:

I have nearly a little over half the set. Do you need a review of the figures?

A review would be excellent. I saw that they're numbered, how many are in the set?

gregday posted:

Closet. :colbert: Yeah, I made some changes to the outside. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the tone of the stain, but it's way better than before. No longer bright pumpkin orange, more reddish brown, but still generally in the Batman Begins palette.

I don't think you can move closets. Let's compromise and call it a wardrobe.