Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Those new muggs and some of the new superhero squad had me really excited. Scarlet Spider!

And as long as they maintain some of the quality on display I'm looking forward to the new line of figures. Those Wal-Mart exclusives with the big figures are a really good idea and much easier to pull off in this scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

I always admired the sculpting that went into McFarlane toys, but they were very frustrating if you were a kid that liked great looking toys but also wanted to play with them. Almost all of my McFarlane toys as a kid broke within the first few days of having them. Looked great but they definitely were meant to be placed on a shelf and that's it.

Check out Death Springs, my free webcomic updated every Thursday!

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Do any customizers here have any tips for removing paint from a plastic figure?

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

I found the Target exclusive Iron Man 2 "Hall of Armor" figures with the light-up bases today and couldn't pass them up. I had held out on buying any of the Iron Man 2 figures, so I didn't mind dropping the extra dollars to get the cool bases, though most people that already bought the figures probably won't find it worth it.

They're pretty awesome looking in the dark, although my War Machine has a faulty base that won't switch to the mode where the light stays on for more than 10 seconds, which is pretty lame.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I saw thosE GL 5 packs marked down at a walmart in Kentucky last week. One of them had a batman in it and another had 3 different supermen in it.

This is such an annoying phenomenon that has started with these figure packs. I thought toy collectors had more honor than to swap out figures like that!

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

stupid ugly retard posted:

Picture of another Green Lantern movie action figure is out.

It's Rot Lop Fan! The F-Sharp Bell!

Wow, if this is any indication is looks like the figures of all the Green Lanterns besides Ryan Reynolds are going to look pretty cool. That outfit still just looks ridiculous on him.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Jace Madan posted:

That's gotta be the 3.75". And boy does that look lame. It seriously looks like when a school district comes up with some lovely superhero to promote "going green" or something. CAPTAIN GREEN VS. THE POLLUTION PACK.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

drat, their sculpting just bets better and better, that is an amazing looking figure.

Also, anyone else picking up these Marvel Grab-Zags? They're mystery bagged prizes, but it's pretty easy to at least feel out which ones are figures. The figures are pretty cool, like something usually sold in Japanese vending machines. If anyone else is picking these up I'm up for trading. They have a general Marvel version out now and Avengers hitting the shelves.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Fishylungs posted:

That is adorable, where do you find them?

Toys R Us is the only place I've found them so far. Their website isn't even built yet, but you can check out all the different figures that will be out in the photos on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GrabZags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

vkeios posted:

Trash Bag Bunch.

Luckily, I've been on a little rubbery dude kick lately. So I've been skimming through that and some other blogs recently.

Trash bag bunch were awesome.

Also simultaneously thank you/gently caress you for posting that link. So awesome to check out some of the little guys I had as a kid, but I now have a feeling this will be my new toy buying addiction. Where have you been getting yours? Ebay?