Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I posted this in the figure swap thread, but has anybody had any luck with the Watchmen figures yet? The comic shops here only had Silk Spectre. I'll pay for a Nite Owl and Rorschach if anybody runs into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Satch posted:

My local store has em all for 15 each, and you get like 4 bucks off if you buy the whole set. So if you want rorshack for 15 I can hook ya up

If you're able to get Rorschach and Nite Owl I'd totally appreciate it. They can be shipped loose as well, so shipping should be cheap. If not, bairfanx can pick up Nite Owl. You guys rock.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

bairfanx posted:

I'll get him a Nite Owl if you can't, but life would likely be easier if it came from one source. I was a bit miffed that the owner was selling Rorschach for more, but, well, I can't really blame him. And I only want Ozy and Doc Manhattan anyway...

Speaking of, any word on when series 2 of the Watchmen figures comes out?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Stage of History posted:

I should have known that I feel ashamed.
This thing still owns though
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_W8dDqsMHtUc/SWS8RreNAJI/AAAAAAAABew/LXEBon8wHYY/s400/krangs-body-boxb.jpg

Of all the TMNT toys I had as a kid, the big Krang was the only one I didn't have and I was amazingly jealous that one of my good friends had it. I never saw it in stores. :(

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Stage of History posted:

Those aren't a bad deal since shipping is more reasonable now. Shipping is only $6. But if someone wants to buy a ton and distribute them, that might not be a bad idea either.
Want me to order a ton? Does this make any sense?

If you order a ton I'll get in on it. I know I'm a bit late on the response, but I'm gonna reorganize my figures and need stands.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
"Okay, let's save money on plastic by shrinking our line down to 4" but let's give our characters massive weapons to make up for it!"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Still no Jean Grey or Jubilee. Le sigh.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
gently caress the world.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
yeah blackbolt looks like poo poo, gently caress you Hasblow.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Djarum posted:

Yea, there is a Modern Thor right next to him too. Hasbro loves making GBS threads on people.

And they think people are in love with the 4" stuff. God drat loving nation.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I'll definitely take a Nemesis/Holocaust if nobody has interest in him.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Hasbro honestly does have great sculpts but their paint jobs are atrocious. A shame, really, when you see what others are doing with the sculpts.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

mods rename me posted:

Say what?

week ankles, get your poo poo together.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
psssht, any character created after 1991 is dead to me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

rally9x posted:

In the end the blame really rests with the manufacturer.

And with the manufacturer making the most sought after figures the chase figure or rare variant people want. Thankfully that practice slowed down a bit with Hasbro, but at the same time so did interest in buying the Legends figures they make.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I finally got around to making a custom Jean Grey, especially after Hasbro thought it best to kick us in the balls and make a 3 3/4" figure. First time making a figure, I thought it came out pretty well.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

Wow, nice! What was the head originally? What sort of modifications did you do to it, other than repainting it?

Seriously though, that looks pretty excellent. The "metallic" blue on the outfit really works well, and it looks great.

Head and body are black costume Wasp, which works out great because she has green eyes. Hair is from X3 Jean (airbrushed red), while the gauntlets, shoulder pads, belt and 'x' are from Toybiz's Jean. Threw on a few layers of white primer, couple layers of yellow, then airbrushed with mango orange for shading. Painted a few layers of metallic blue, glued poo poo on, and voila, done.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Donde Esta posted:

Very cool Jean Grey; I'm probably making one myself in the next week or so out of a Phoenix, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get that nice metallic blue.

I can tell you specifically what I used when I get home later, but the main thing is to prime the figure first and put at least 2 or 3 separate layers on.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Donde Esta posted:

Sweet, is it brushable? I don't have a gun.

I do have some metallic blue acrylic spray, I'm not sure if spraying some in a bottle and brushing it on is going to work quite yet though.

The kind I used is brushable and yes, I used a brush. I bought a gun for $25 the other day for the orange highlights and it worked great, just add about 1:4 ratio thinner/paint (for the gun) and you're set. For the yellow, I grabbed some sort of yellow canned spraypaint specifically for plastics. Honestly, I had a blast making the figure and you should all give it a shot if you've been wanting a Jean at all.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 17, 2009

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Donde Esta posted:

Sweet, is it brushable? I don't have a gun.

I do have some metallic blue acrylic spray, I'm not sure if spraying some in a bottle and brushing it on is going to work quite yet though.

At home, able to see what I used. Yellow Krylon Fusion For Plastic paint (bonds to plastic), and a small 14.7 mL of Boyd's True Blue Pearl. Both worked out better than I expected.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Well, if there's any one company I would want to make a figure of me, it would definitely be NECA.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
That's incredible.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

So now I have my first complete build a figure! Of some radioactive skull guy I've never heard of!

And if you don't want him, some of us do!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Anybody have any luck tracking down the Wal-Mart exclusive 6" Iron Man and War Machine yet? They're just starting to his stores now and I've had no luck, but if somebody's been able to find them, I'll gladly take a set!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I've been checking the 3 Wal-Marts here in Eugene the last week or so and nothing's come up yet, so I feel your pain.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
And Hasbro couldn't produce a badass 6" Galactus for Legends years ago whyyyy...?

edit: poo poo, or any of the great MU sculpts for Legends. Assholes.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Hah whoops, the MU card threw me off, though it was a 6" Galactus, not the 2 + ft. tall Galactus packed in with Silver Surfer.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Is anybody willing to, next time they go to Wal-Mart, picking up a 6" War Machine for me? I'll pay, I have money, funds, bucks, etc.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

I'll take a look for you, but the last time I was at Wal-Mart they only had Iron Man mkVI and no War Machines left. Even when I (finally) got mine a couple weeks ago, they only had 3 War Machines and about a dozen mkVIs.

For the past 2 weeks, one Wal-Mart has had 2 Mark VIs sitting on the pegs, and the other has 3 empty pegs, so I've given up hope.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

I'll take a look for you, but the last time I was at Wal-Mart they only had Iron Man mkVI and no War Machines left. Even when I (finally) got mine a couple weeks ago, they only had 3 War Machines and about a dozen mkVIs.

I found one last night, thanks for volunteering to keep an eye out!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I'll take a lot of those Legends figures if they're not claimed. Great custom fodder.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

bgaesop posted:

Sorry for the delay, had a wedding to go to this weekend. Sent you a PM.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Prophet of Nixon posted:

So when do those Black Widow/Winter Soldier 2 packs start showing up in stores? I see 2 or 3 ridiculous scalpers on ebay ($100+), but can't find them for sale at any retailer, online or otherwise.

Word is that they were only released in the New York Toys R Us as a special release to coincide with NYCC, so we'll be waiting a bit longer for them.

Rhyno posted:

If I get them for my shop (kind of doubtful since they get allocated like mad by Diamond) I'll give you guys first crack.

awwww yeah that would be awesome.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
If anybody's searching for the new Marvel Legend 2 packs, just call a Toys R Us and give them this UPC code: 653569530565 (Grey Black Widow/Winter Soldier). They can tell you if it's in their system or in their shipment itinerary.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
The Marvel Legends 2-packs are up on toysrus.com, and it looks like they're offering the variants (that's what's pictured), but it's also possible that they'll ship the non-variants, but it's hard to say. I ordered one pack and the estimated time of delivery is between the 4th and 10th, so going through the site seems pretty helpful.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

Nice catch! I called their 800 number to see if they'd be sending the variant or the regular versions, and the (less than intelligent) customer service guy I talked to seemed convinced I'd get the regular one but I guess we'll see!

People are getting backorder notifications now when they try to order now. I ordered the Warpath/Deadpool pack hoping for the variant (yellow/blue Deadpool) but we'll find out when they come!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
It's a big of a longshot, but wanted to ask before I resort to eBay: Does anybody have a Clark Kent figure from Smallville they would like to part with, or know of a good place to pick one up without spending $30?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

Do you think there would be enough interest to list it here/ on SA Mart?

Definitely post it here. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised how much money you actually get for a lot of the figures.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
It's really depressing to see figures that Legends fans have been requesting for years getting made for MU (Silver Samurai, Multiple Man, Darkhawk, Jean Grey, Ultron).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Teenage Fansub posted:

This is the man who will save the universe.

Haha holy poo poo, it's Brian Thompson.