Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Agrias120 posted:

With the ML line entering its twilight years, I think I am finally going to catalogue and sell off all of my old ML figures that I bought just out of OCD habit and don't really want. Hopefully this will give me the cash to buy up the last few figures I actually want for my collection.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated noted, with the Original TMNT re-releases coming out, I figured there might be a little interest in this: There is a small 350¥(~$4) Store down the street from me that has a poo poo load of Casey Jones, Krang, the Aloha Shirt Frog Guy, and I want to say the metallic robot Turtle. They are all in their original packaging from the 90s/late 80s, so if anyone wants them let me know. The bios, etc. on the package are in Japanese, of course.

I can fit a few in my suitcase and then mail them to you when I get back to the States (23rd). If you don't care about packaging, then I can package them loose in my luggage and fit a lot more.

Blink. I just want a modern Blink figure so badly :(.

Casey Jones, Metalhead and Krang would be awesome, original packaging is nice but if you need to fit more thats fine loose. :D

I'll pay via paypal!

Picked up SF4 Ryu and Ken today, a bit bulky and Ryu looks like an ogre but I like the articulation and overall they are very nice figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I saw the Universe toys at my Wal-mart and while the human torch looks just as mental as any picture, the rest look pretty decent. Don't be so harsh, hehe.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Series 2 of the NECA Ninja Turtles is coming out later this year.

Shredder (w/ a little Krang!), April, Foot Ninja and Solider. Looks AMAZING, especially Shredder. I LOVED the attention to detail and just how perfect the turtles looked. I can't wait to have these in my hands. Hope they continue for a long rear end time.

And the "dot avatar" is some old YCS thing when I posted in there. I need to change it up soon.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Djarum posted:

It's not Krang it is just a random Utrom! Krang is not a Utrom! Different TMNT universe entirely. Utroms are semi good guys!

Sorry, I just hate when people can't tell the difference.

I really need to get my hand on those comics. :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Same here. I had the paraplegic version with that walker. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on the big version. Wonder if they'll put it with the 25th anniversary reissues.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Those are ghastly, poo poo. They would have looked fine on the normal Muggs frame. Or take the more durable Dunny frame and chop the ears off.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ehhhh, thats a bit much. Ill be skipping this one. This leaves hope they'll do the nurse version soon. Thats a must buy. This one was on screen for literally 2 seconds combined.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

profbobo posted:

I might try to part out an outfit from the police Joker, since I've got both of the other Hot Toys Jokers. I want Gordon or Scarecrow much more.

A movie masters version of Scarecrow would be loving boss.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Me. :(

Thats sucks, was really looking forward to Metalhead. Ah well. Thanks for checking though. :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sanschel posted:

New info about the Hot Toys "Policeman" Joker

Turns out that calling it Policeman Joker is only a half-truth. He's got an entire complete costume for being Joker proper, with gun, cards, knife, and even the grenades-with-thumb-string. Looks like the big feature is actually the ability to move both of the eyes in either head, so you're no longer stuck with him looking in one direction.

I am so glad I held off on buying the previous Jokers.

Thats a load of poo poo, really. Is this normal Hot Toys practice? Why can't they just sell these upgraded pieces on the side? I really don't want policeman version and while no one is forcing me to buy it, a new updated head AND brand new suit is a spit in the face.

And yeah, im fine with v1.0 and robber. This is just gouging though. Jumping on the popularity of the character.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

profbobo posted:

Mine shipped today from Sideshow.

Cant wait for pictures, you take some really good shots. :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Picked up these two bad boys today. Destro is SUPER reflective, like mirror like quality. A shame they didn't do the same for Cobra Commander. The box for Destro is awesome too cause it's all reflective as well. These are boxes to keep!

Also while at the comic store I saw some variants on the Watchmen figures. Rorschach without the mask and a semi-translucent Dr.Manhattan. ALMOST picked em up but im not too big a fan.

EDIT: SHINY!!

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 11, 2009

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Colonel Whitey posted:

poo poo, really? BBTS hasn't sent me an email yet. Do they usually run a little slow?

Usually, about a week or so from what ive seen.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sometimes you gotta pay the piper!

I paid $25 CDN a piece at my local comic book store for muggs that are imported from the states. Us Canadians get generic boxes with a sticker that has the name of the figure on it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

How "rare" is the face changing Darth Vader? Saw him for $30 bucks at the asian anime store in the mall yesterday and was really tempted!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Less money spent on lovely Terminator toys and more money for a $100 cheapo digital camera, haha.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress? Predator is early June? Time to start saving up! I was planning on hitting up Vegas in July, haha.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

profbobo posted:

Fuuuck, it's coming soon. Out in Hong Kong now. I think it's one of the most perfect 1/6 toys I've ever seen.

:fap:

It's perfect. I cannot loving wait. I just hope Dutch looks as good as can be.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=65&pid=415

These look fine to me.

Where are the in-hand pictures? A quick google just shows me promo.

EDIT: Nevermind, found em: http://www.avforums.com/forums/movie-memorabilia/890975-hot-toys-dutch-12-predator.html

Still worth it and im not getting Golgo, too expensive, heeh.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 20, 2009

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

profbobo posted:

Holy fuuuuuck. I am pretty sure mine will assume that crouched pose on arrival. My god.

Yesssss! gently caress, i can't wait! Ive wanted a Predator from Hot Toys for so long and was always sad that they were always sold except for the new one. So glad they are releasing my favorite version!! Kevin Peter Hall is immortalized!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving hurry up BBTS!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm really late but GODDAMN I would pay GOOD money to get that Megaman figure or commissioned.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I might have to get those two figures JUST to do that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They should be coming soon to your stores as my WM up here in Winnipeg got em and we're lucky to get poo poo like this. I like WM better due to the matte look but IM is great too. These are pretty loving good for 6" figures sold by a Wal-Mart tho. They were only like, 12.50 CDN each and id easily pay about 30 if I saw em listed for that price.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FYI I found the figures near the bike racks, where my WM usually peddles old rear end toys.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's a bit shiny but overall worth owning.

EDIT:

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 26, 2010

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You can bet your rear end i'll be buying all those Thundercats toys. I have a scar on my eyebrow from jumping off the couch and smashing my face against the corner of a coffee table because I thought I was Lion-O.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks like I am taking a trip to the comic store next weekend! Duke and Neca's Predators? Hell yes!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No Duke up in Canada yet, phoned my local comic place, Galaxy Comics here in Winnipeg and the guy said no. Blech, it's not showing up on BigBadToyStore either yet, so not sure how that ToysRUs got em.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Never seen that "Gort" mask so the SDCC is not a big deal. I should hit up my local store to see if those are in though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sanschel posted:

Tonner Dolls bridges the gap between superheroes and QVC dolls. The founder, Robert Tonner, is a fashion designer who went into the doll business in the 90s and made a fortune. Essentially you're right, they are just massive Barbie dolls. Tonner stuff has minimal articulation, little emphasis on likenesses, and no accessories, but the materials and craftsmanship of the outfits is supposedly top notch. He's actually even had some dolls placed in exhibits in the Louvre. The inclusion of superheroes and pop culture seems odd for a company like this, until you realize that Tonner is also a huge comic and movie nerd. I personally think the dolls themselves look like poo poo and that the superhero costumes are poorly fitted, but then I'm also not the target demographic for fashion dolls.

Now if you want to talk about something I could sink my teeth into...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck me.

Oh, are those Tron:Legacy figures out yet?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ka0 posted:

Saw this and I had to have it. BBTS is taking preorders but drat they are not cheap. At least right up there with the Sci-Fi revoltechs.

SOLD!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I saw those 1/4 scale Predators from Neca at my local store, $80... they were so loving insane, I will be picking one up soon and I'll have pics next week.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HOLY poo poo -- that dark purple Galactus is awesome. I collect random figures just based on how awesome they are... I must get that loving thing.

Also put down my info for Superman from Hot Toys, the wait is going to kill me.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"Hey Vintersorg what is that toy?"

"Oh, it's just a guy in a green suit with his entire muscle structure as the design... it's rubbery..."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys just announced this on Facebook.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you are in Canada ToySquare is the best. I am hoping to get my Kevin Flynn soon, it just sold out too.

http://www.toys2.net/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nice of ToySquare to remind me my Kevin Flynn Hot Toys figure was shipping soon. Out of nowhere $170 bucks. :3:

I'll get pics once he comes in -- looking forward to this one.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pictures tonight of my Kevin Flynn -- finally came in (stupid Canada Post strike delayed everything). Have to use my iPhone though as my other camera doesn't have it's memory card. Had to work but my god, it looks AMAZING!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here is the Hot Toys Kevin Flynn.

So. loving. Amazing. Wow.

I hope down the road they do a classic version of him from Tron 82 - they NAILED his face and hopefully we see that. Love this figure, he's sitting on my desk right now and as a programmer myself, a little inspirational to have the man. :)

FLYNN LIVES

I love the little details in the cloth here.

The base is SUPER bright, looks beautiful.

AHH WHAT THE gently caress :lol:

It took about 20 or so minutes to get him in and out into the black clothing, getting the jackets over the arms was the toughest part. Plus one of the little clips on the inside for the first jacket (there is three layers on black, two on white) got a bit bent so I had to resort to super glue so it holds. Not a biggie.

The boots have really nice details too, super slick.

Same details as the white jacket.

Overall, 11/10, what a perfect figure from Hot Toys. Now to play the waiting game for the Superman Reeve figure, that is going to make me weep like a little baby.