Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nico Bellic -- spaceman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I didn't remember who Nico Bellic was so I looked it up and yeah, there's a resemblance.

I didn't have anybody in mind when I created Spaceman, but now if I had to cast him in a movie I'd pick this guy. Not a dead ringer, but he could definitely rock the biker mustache and psycho stare. Great actor, too. I'd cast him in a Mass Effect movie in a heartbeat. And get fired.

Jesus christ, Clifton Collins Jr, that's a perfect match and I bowled over on my desk here at work. :3:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Canada Post being on stike made it feel like xmas everytime I got a new package. I totally forgot I ordered the below figures. These came in today and are from Neca's 20th anniversary of Tron from back in 2002. So retro and kitschy. I want to get a lightcycle too but they are a bit expensive for me at the moment.

Kevin Flynn

Tron

Warrior

Sark

Checking out the back looks like only 10,000 were ever made.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vaerai Archon posted:

The special sale going on at Matty Collector apparently has sufficent stock.

They have a dozen MOTU figures that are not re-issues still in stock including Zodak, Battlecat and Panthor. You can pickup both He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Evil-Lyn, Trap jaw, as well as some others too.

Thank you! Wanted to get the He-Man and Skeletor figures for so long but they have been priced insanely. Was going to get Cringer too but $30 is a little more than I want to spend for one figure.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Satsuki posted:

For 30 Battle Cat is probably one of the best MOTUC values you can get. The sculpt and articulation is top notch quality and he's huge.

gently caress you!

Order Total: $45.00
The charge(s) will appear on your credit card as "DRI*MattyCollector".

I need to stop spending money! loving credit cards are evil.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What are the Sideshow Collectibles premium format figures like? Similar to Hot Toys? They just announced the DC partnership and also a bunch of new stuff for this year. Isaac Clarke from Dead Space and Joker look to be must buys for myself.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=34541&utm_source=CCAlert_072011&utm_medium=email&utm_content=sdcc_preview&utm_campaign=event

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sanschel posted:

Sideshow's use of the term figure is completely misleading: they're statues. They have sewn & fitted fabric clothing and sometimes have switch out hands or heads, but they're statues (really, really amazing statues).

edit: Speaking of Hot Toys, word is they're doing a Jack Nicholson Joker, Tim Burton Batmobile, Iron Monger, and a Mark IV Iron Man with the suit-assembling mechanical arms.

They put quality pics of the Iron Man with assembler on Facebook today. I was like, that is going to be $400! I want a Iron Man so bad and now that I have a credit card, the cool ones are sold out. I'll have to wait for the Avengers for the next one, haha. I'd also kill to get classic Hot Toys Predator but they are sooo expensive on ebay. I am kicking myself for missing out on that poo poo.

The Jack Nicholson Joker is a day 1 pre-order, I didn't even know they were doing that! LOOKS AMAZING!!

Also blah to the premium format. I wanted a Hot Toys quality Isaac Clarke so bad since the first game came out but gonna pass on this... maybe, my Hot Toys are just glorified poseable statues. We'll see how much this costs though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sanschel posted:

edit: Ha, they have the completed BAF of that massive Parallax you need to buy 17 figures or something to complete, and here it is in all its glory. Who would spend all that money for that piece of poo poo?

That looks like projectile diarrhea, like tub girl.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think I heard her say $135...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I signed up for the Voltron club. :( I had a lot of those toys growing up.

It's only $290 over the course of one year too, so not too bad.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys is putting out another Classic Predator

Right now it's only available for preorder at Ani-Con & Games in Hong Kong but let's hope Sideshow picks it up. Pre-ordering this so loving fast once it's up.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150246656307344&set=a.10150246656227344.320690.58690437343&type=1

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CLASSICS PREDATOR WENT ON PREORDER AT SIDESHOW TODAY!

Holy poo poo, I've been waiting forever for this. So excited!! :D

Lot's of cool new stuff too like the awesome wristguard hologram.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9013971&ref=home&new&preorder

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He-Man stuff came in today (well yesterday but Canada post just left the notices in my mailbox without seeing if I was home).

It'd be nice if Skeletor's head wasn't loving turned to the side as I didn't want to take these out!

Ah well, they are awesome and bring me back to when I used to play the poo poo out of these toys. I remember my lovely felt Cringer and He-Man with his white plastic connector. Fun times!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It'd be awesome if they re-did the Dino Riders line. Loved those as a kid.

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.com/Tyco-Dino-Riders-Lot-7-MIB-1980s-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-/150640260501?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2312dbf595#ht_500wt_1413

$3,000 KISS MY rear end :(

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 6, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HOT TOYS ANNOUNCED BATMAN 89 ON FACEBOOK! I'm at work so I can't post pics but oh gently caress, we knew it was coming because of the Joker but confirmation feels so nice.

Going to be loving EXPENSIVE year for me. Superman, Predator, Joker, Batman and MAYBE the Batmobile.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

These are the shots, used my iPhone for pics. So excited!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Joker 89 Promo shots.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Better shot of Batman, apparently March 2012, get your pennies saved now!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was there much of a difference between them? I think the chest changed a bit.

These are a great investment tho, you won't regret it. They are using the DX series of heads, where the eyes move based on how you tilt the head. Adds so much more realism. Also know Hot Toys never re-issues these, so once they are gone, that is pretty much it.

Rarely will they do it, I personally have only seen the Predator stuff and that might be a rare time as it was based on another license (Predator 1 vs Predators).

I got really excited seeing that some of the bits clip to the belt. :D

Also, my Joker is always going to be in this pose, "Come on, you gruesome son of a bitch!!!!"

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 26, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Today is Tim Burtons birthday by the way, coincidence?! :o

EDIT: These aren't due till March 2012, you have some time to save. $100 every 2 weeks is plenty of time.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, these are heavy burdens on credit cards. I only have the first Joker from Begins, bank robber Joker and Kevin Flynn so far. I wanted a Sam Flynn but it was just way to much but gently caress, that lightcycle would rule.

EDIT: I got to look at the Sam Flynn one last time, only $50 more than the Joker figure... gently caress.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So Matty can't be all that bad, I'm getting a new Skeletor with the head hopefully facing the front. They didn't say anything about returning the one I have, so when I get the package here and there is still nothing I'll offer it to someone here.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I always liked the Rhesaurus figures, I had a Evil Ryu (from ToyFair) and Akuma P1, great molds and paint apps. Altho Ryu doesn't stand at all. :3:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

At this point I hope the Voltron line doesn't get cancelled. :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Why didn't I go to school earlier so I could afford that stuff now? :(

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 24, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Rage posted:

Welp I did it, pulled the trigger on my first Hot Toys. That Mark II Armor Unleashed was just too cool to pass up. Now to deal with insane aftermarket prices to get a War Machine and a Mark VI.

Here you go from Canada for War Machine.

http://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20919&cat=112&page=2

For the next Iron Man or Avengers I am buying a Iron Man no matter what, they are such good builds.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 27, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Reminder Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman is out next month and pictures are starting to come out of the whole thing. It's boxed in a giant S logo too! Time to get those funds put away. So excited!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The individual Voltron toys look like loving garbage but having the giant figure will make it all worthwhile. Excited for that!

And nice (not surprising though) to hear about Avengers toys -- maybe I can finally snag a regular version of Iron Man from Hot Toys!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Rage posted:

Got my first Hot Toys this weekend, buddy of mine had a second War Machine he didn't want. Holy poo poo I hope they do another Mark IV Iron Man because these things are amazing.

They'll probably be doing something for the Avengers movie. There is rumor of Hot Toys doing Robocop again with their DX line, a new Rocky DX (this makes the most sense since they have Stallone's likeness from Expendables, the first Rocky figures looked dumb) and even a Han Solo DX.

DX is of course the figures with the eyes that move with the head and makes the figures ultra realistic.

I have my Sideshow Shredder statue coming in today, will post pics later of that. And Superman from Hot Toys ships out in a couple weeks. It's going to be an expensive little bit. Predator Classic is out January and the Batman/Joker 89 figures closely after that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some pics of the Shredder maquette, enjoy. :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mr.Freeze is like the only good figure out of the bunch, everything else looks totally out of proportion.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3-bv8BfLMo

It arrived today -- it's so beautiful! This box is loving HUGE.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Sweet jesus that is awesome.

I think I will look for a cheap Predator mask prop kit, and see if I can resculpt it into that, cause holy gently caress that is AWESOME.

Side note, my friend got his Superman in, and I am jealous as hell.

Still paying off the flexpay on mine, so I should have the EXCLUSIVE version a little after christmas :3:

What the heck? Did he build those crystals? Or is that from another Superman?
Also I am glad I'm not the only one, the front giant ice crystal doesn't slide in all the way. Spent so long trying to force but was so worried with breaking it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Man, I hope that MK pack is up here in Canada, those are as good as it gets for now (until Hot Toys magically does something but that will never happen).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kind of wasn't expecting this but... Hot Toys Classic Predator shipping Dec 17th. I thought it was going to be in January? Ugh. :3:

Excited but I'll be getting that package right after xmas.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

UGH, had to buy some cheap gifts for a party tonight so I went to Toys R Us to grab some random things as it's a secret santa raffle. So many good things! I saw the 19" purple Galactus I wanted. New 3-4"? Street Fighter two packs. Thundercats throwback Lion-O. UGHHH.

For the secret satan I got a lego set of a medieval carriage rescue and those ripoff Munny Marvel figures, Spiderman.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It came in!

So this is easily one of the best pieces in my collection. lovely iPhone pic but I'll take more when I get home. Xenomrph if your loving rear end doesn't save up for this than you are NO FAN, :lol:.

This thing is too sweet, the mask is amazing and the light up targeting on the helmet just seals the deal. All the dreads are some rubbery type of material and flow really well. The skin has a nice "wet" look straight from the movie. I put the mask on because that is my favorite look but the open mouth is just as good! The right blade gauntlet is actually metal too!

This thing is huge too, it dwarfs my Superman and Kevin Flynn.

I didn't get a stand though, either for the Sideshow Predator skull (man, there is a bone hole for every dread, I'll take pics later, it's kinda disgusting) or the figure it self but the thing stands on it's just fine. Each helmet (you get a damaged one) has a little connector that fits inconspicuously on his back.

I hope to get the Arnold down the road, not sure why I never splurged but I am sure they will either re-release. Or I'll spend the money on ebay to get it. I want to set them up with the classic pose of the Predator holding him by the throat.

HOT TOYS ARE WORTH THE MONEY AND THAN SOME!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Don't do it! I love having old sealed toys on the wall, easier to clean from dust most of all but they are like relics. :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

But my Admiral Ackbar sealed is going to be worth millions someday (I have it on my wall and he's cool)!!

But I am probably going to melt down my Ep1 and Ep3 figures, they are built so lovely. loving ugly things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You, uhhhh, really like GI Joe's, eh? :3:

Batman 89 from HT shipping Feb 6th. So fast!