Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Hey, anybody who has the Watchmen figures, there's this little piece that comes with Rorschach (and maybe the others, haven't opened them yet) that looks like a 2 cm long parallelogram and I can't figure out what the hell it's for. It must have something to do with the base that he comes with, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Fish Of Doom posted:

I think it's for attaching all of the bases together.

That makes sense. It'd be nice if they included some kind of diagram of how that's supposed to work.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

profbobo posted:

I could not resist preordering this even though I have v1 and v2. $150 is too good of a price to pass on, unfortunately. AFAIK Hot Toys hasn't ever done character packs or supplemental pieces. The closest thing was a weapons pack that was like a hundred bucks a few months back. The little things are the cost prohibitive factors with these products, I think; tailoring all the small clothes and the paint apps seem labor intensive. The bodies probably don't cost much at all, since those can be churned out by a factory. Why not charge people another $150 for the whole kit and kaboodle rather than dealing with selling individual parts?

They admitted v1 had problems in their newsletters before BR Joker came out. And yeah, nobody's making you buy this; just because I jumped and you jumped on the first two doesn't mean we NEED this one.

(I need this one).

Where did you preorder from? Direct from the Hot Toys site?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Just pre-ordered the Hot Toys Iron Man Mk.III. Anybody else waiting for this one to be distributed?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

profbobo posted:

Mine shipped today from Sideshow.

poo poo, really? BBTS hasn't sent me an email yet. Do they usually run a little slow?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

profbobo posted:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Awwww yeahhhh

Very nice, though I thought Iron Man would be shinier.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Doc Faustus posted:

I may pick up the TRU exclusive Tigh fig when that comes out, though. I just wish the Admiral Adama figure TRU has online was actually a reality.

Um...what exactly do you mean by this? I pre-ordered both these on the TRU website a little over a month ago and according to UPS tracking, they're scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Am I going to end up with an empty box? What's going on?

edit: Also, where's a good place to find some of the older BSG figures? I'm slowly building a collection a bit late in the game, but I don't have any "skinjobs" yet.

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 17, 2009

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Doc Faustus posted:

I may pick up the TRU exclusive Tigh fig when that comes out, though. I just wish the Admiral Adama figure TRU has online was actually a reality.

Well it looks like you were right. Instead of sending me the Adama and Tigh figures I ordered and are listed on the GODDAMN INVOICE, I got New Caprica Boomer and Off-Duty Apollo. Rat bastards. I'll probably keep Boomer but I don't really need another Apollo.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Jace Madan posted:

I remember reading on another website that back when they had the Adama and Tigh up for order, someone ordered them, and just ended up getting the off duty Apollo and Boomer figures. I'm waiting until I hear confirmation from DST about the status of the figure before I risk ordering it.

Yeah, this happened to me too. I would be wary of ordering them, you'll probably end up with poo poo you don't want.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

So here is Hot Toys Joker 2.0. Very tempting to get this set. I love the laughing face they've done. Want to see more closeups but this is slated around December of this year.

EnterBay also released their picture of Joker, they are doing a 1/4 scale from what I read. That's a little too big for my needs but some of you might enjoy.

Check out their Facebook page, it's got a bunch of great closeups.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

They even got the little mole next to Bale's right eye. That thing is a masterpiece.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The Rage posted:

Apparently theres an issue with the third clip in the back of the helmet being broken off at the factory. Apparently the two month delay to fix this issue, didn't fix it when people were assembling the helmets in the packaging. Well done Hot Toys!

Mine broke off when I first tried to separate the pieces, but with some futzing I was able to clip it onto Loki's head without any gaps. Just try to wiggle it gently into place. It's kinda lovely design and now I'm nervous about ever taking it off but I think he looks better with it on anyway.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

WeX Majors posted:

And it's also a homage to one of my favorite toys of the whole line

http://www.tmnttoys.com/90figures/disguised/5114.htm

I had this guy and I could never figure out why he came with a black pizza.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Forbidden Planet in London has Hot Toys Coulson for £179 ($300) and I can't help but go 'hmm..' The downside of having a job, I now have cash to burn. :(

Check eBay first, looks like they have him for $250 inc. shipping

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Jace Madan posted:

What is wrong with the paint? The only thing I heard of is it has a really obvious blue wash to it, whereas the original release was more black in color.

Mine had some smearing of the white spider emblem on his back but the front looks fine. Otherwise the figure is fantastic.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Is this the place to buy/sell figures now? I have some stuff I want to unload and I'd like to give goons a first shot at it since I've scored some cool stuff here in the past. Some Hot Toys, Toy Biz Legends, Metal Gear 6" figures, and a couple Hasbros and random things. All opened except a few. Let me know if this isn't the place and maybe I'll set up an SA mart thread, but if it's cool I can post a list in here where the cool kids hang out.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Ok well mods, if this isn't kosher I'll move it to SA mart.

I still want to get somewhat decent prices for at least the Hot Toys so if nobody here bites or if the offers are too low they'll go up on ebay. PM me or respond my post if you're interested and make an offer and we can work pricing out. All the figures have been opened and displayed but lovingly cared for like they were my children and are therefore in great condition like sweet innocent newborn baby boys (except where noted). I would much prefer to sell the non-Hot Toys together so priority will go to people willing to buy multiple. I can take pictures if anyone wants.

Hot Toys:

Captain America: TWS Strike Suit and Steve Rogers 2-Pack MMS 242/243

Avengers Thor MMS 175

Avengers Captain America MMS 174

Captain America: The First Avenger MMS 156

Iron Man (first movie) MMS 75

Toy Biz Marvel Legends:

BAF Apocalypse - SOLD to Strong Style Liger, BAF Sentinel, BAF Modok - SOLD to Rirse, Mr. Sinister, Psylocke, Colossus (X-men line), Bishop, Professor X, Phoenix - SOLD to Agrias120, Gambit, Cyclops, Iceman (X-men line), Wolverine (Apocalypse series), Beast, Omega Red, Red Skull (Face-Off ver.), Captain America (Face-Off ver.), Wasp, Spider-Woman, Black Panther, Moon Knight, Captain Marvel, Vengeance w/ Bike, Sasquatch, Maestro Hulk, Iron Fist, X-23, Modern Iron Man, Thor-Buster Iron Man, First Appearance Iron Man, War Machine

Still in box:

Punisher/Jigsaw Face-Off 2-pack, Mystique

BAF Parts:

Galactus Head, Modok Left Arm

Hasbro Marvel:

Gray Hulk, Iron Spider-Man

Metal...Gear?!:

McFarlane Metal Gear Solid 2 (these are mostly in sub-mint condition...these are some fragile-rear end figures) - Raiden, Solidus, Olga, Ocelot - SOLD to Rirse, Fortune (one hand is broken off), Metal Gear RAY BAF (one of the arms doesn't go in all the way)

Medicom Metal Gear Solid UDF figures (non-poseable 6" figures) - MGS3 Naked Snake (Tiger Stripe Camo), MGS3 The Boss, MGS4 Old Snake (crouching), MGS4 Vamp, MGS4 Raiden

Marvel Toys Legendary Comic Book Heroes (still in box):

Madman, Savage Dragon

edit: I'm willing to haggle to some extent, so feel free to make offers/counter-offers!

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 9, 2016

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Rirse posted:

How much for Modok, Ocelot, and Moon Knight?

PM'd.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Strong Style Liger posted:

How much for the Apocalypse BAF?

I PM'd you.

If possible it might be best if people just PM me cause I don't want to clutter the thread with a bunch of my personal sales posts.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

I called Amazon customer service and I'm in one of the pilot cities for Amazon Flex, where they outsource the shipping to local randos, Uber-style. So the rando handling my delivery wasn't the brightest person and got confused by the thought of leaving the package inside my patio door, so they just gave up and didn't deliver it. :downs:

God this sounds like a terrible idea

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Travis343 posted:

I've never actually seen any Hot Toys figure in person. Are they ever sold in physical stores? I don't know where I would go to look at one.

With extremely few exceptions I definitely don't get the appeal of the movie versions of these characters, either. I'm perfectly fine with the knowledge that the $300+ dollies are Not For Me.

I disagree with you but I also know you're definitely better off not getting into them

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Rirse posted:

Got my MODOK (and Ocelot) from Colonel Whitey today along with Zola from a ebay auction. Man those two look great, but I need to get a Madame Masque so I can use the proper Zola torso instead of the weird Red Skull varient.

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/764587378199498752

Awesome! Glad you like it.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Strong Style Liger posted:

Received Apocalypse from Colonel Whitey today. He's very cool and got here super fast. Thank you!

Enjoy!

If anyone else is interested in anything let me know soon, or else stuff is gonna start going up on that auction web site!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Agrias120 posted:

Got my Phoenix from Colonel Whitey today! Now my Phoenix shelf is just about complete. :swoon:

Sweet, glad it got there!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

ServoMST3K posted:

Have my fellow US toys collectors had success selling online besides eBay? The new seller guidelines that favor buyers even more than before has me worried to sell anything on there anymore. Craigslist can also be iffy according to, uh, everyone.

What are the new seller guidelines? I still haven't gotten around to putting my figures on eBay and I've never sold on there before

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Price I get ... but Hot Toys are pretty drat poseable.

Some are. I recently tried to pose my DKR Batman sitting in a chair but because of the suit he's stiff as a board and the legs only bend about 10 degrees.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

gently caress yeah, I've already got farmboy and bespin Luke so Jedi Luke will complete the trio. Him and Sheev and I should be done with Star Wars hot toys (unless the Last Jedi ones are too cool to pass up....ugh. I may need unmasked Kylo Ren)

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Old Luke, bruh.

That's more "would be nice" than "completes the collection" for me

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Ah gently caress yeah if they do Lando I'm gonna need that

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

That dude is fakeposting like hell, but at least he spiced up the thread and it was funny. He did a much better job here than in the GotG2 thread in CD.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

GoldfishStew posted:

Gotg2 stinks.

Speaking of which I imagine the smell coming from your real doll is something otherworldly

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I got a goon to help me with a mini Johnnie walker red 1/6th scale model so mines flying with his bottle :allears:

It's not Johnnie Walker but http://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=99_104&product_id=1167

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I'll never get over how horrifically obsessed they are and how no one besides me ever tried to call them out on it.

I read a post that someone needs to watch MCU films twice because they watch it the first time doing a mental checklist in their head making sure the canon is right and then they can watch it with ease.

These people are boring assholes:!

loving lol I just ran across that post today. It's in the HT Spider-Man thread. That board sucks so much, I just go there for the pictures.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

It's absolutely mental how much they spend on custom stuff too. Like, for a moderately improved Princess Leia dress or Han Solo headsculpt they'll spend like 500 bucks on top of already spending 200 on the base figure. More power to you if you have the money but all said and done a lot of these customs cost 1000 or more. And some don't even make the figure look any better.

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 12, 2017

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The hand painted prototypes always have that uncanny valley effect but the final mass produced product tends to look a bit softer and slightly more like a really good drawing of the face.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Welp I bought Hot Toys Doctor Strange even though I didn't really like the movie because the in-hand pics of it are beautiful. Plus I've got a HT Avengers display so I needed one eventually anyway. I'm weak

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

That Luke looks like Dan Harmon

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Also Iron Men are more like $275 because they have diecast parts.

*ahem* the upcoming Iron Man from IW is over $400

I realized recently I have too many Hot Toys but I can't decide which ones to sell. I'd like a cleaner look to my display. I currently just have (a ton of) Marvel, Star Wars OT, and LotR plus a few one-off movie figures. The problem is that once you decide to get one figure from a series, you've opened the door and feel like you need to buy a bunch.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I've posted em in here before but if anyone suddenly wants Avengers 1 Thor, Avengers 1 Cap, First Avenger Cap, Cap/Steve 2-pack from Winter Soldier, or the first Iron Man Hot Toys made, hit me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

What are you looking for the cap 2 pack or TFA cap?

PM'd ya