Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Hahah, Muggs are Toys R Us exclusive now. gently caress 'em, Hasbro deserves to fail with stunts like that.

By the by, in the last thread I pasted a fwoosh link that said muggs were going bye bye. This move seems to indicate some truth to that:

quote:

When questioned about the move, Hasbro said they wanted to continue the line but did not have any room for them, which is when TRU swept in and picked them up for release.

profbobo fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 15, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

He's heeeeere! Awesome figure. Paint job is excellent, head sculpt looks absolutely nuts, and the axe head is real metal. loving aces. My pics are poo poo, but you get the idea.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I might try to part out an outfit from the police Joker, since I've got both of the other Hot Toys Jokers. I want Gordon or Scarecrow much more.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Vintersorg posted:

Thats a load of poo poo, really. Is this normal Hot Toys practice? Why can't they just sell these upgraded pieces on the side? I really don't want policeman version and while no one is forcing me to buy it, a new updated head AND brand new suit is a spit in the face.

And yeah, im fine with v1.0 and robber. This is just gouging though. Jumping on the popularity of the character.

I could not resist preordering this even though I have v1 and v2. $150 is too good of a price to pass on, unfortunately. AFAIK Hot Toys hasn't ever done character packs or supplemental pieces. The closest thing was a weapons pack that was like a hundred bucks a few months back. The little things are the cost prohibitive factors with these products, I think; tailoring all the small clothes and the paint apps seem labor intensive. The bodies probably don't cost much at all, since those can be churned out by a factory. Why not charge people another $150 for the whole kit and kaboodle rather than dealing with selling individual parts?

They admitted v1 had problems in their newsletters before BR Joker came out. And yeah, nobody's making you buy this; just because I jumped and you jumped on the first two doesn't mean we NEED this one.

(I need this one).

profbobo fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 1, 2009

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wow, that looks incredible. I was thinking of getting the Bank Robber version, but now I'll definitely wait for this new one.

Definitely do not feel bad about getting the BR version; it's just a shame that the first one had such a mediocre headsculpt. BR Joker is incredible.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Where did you preorder from? Direct from the Hot Toys site?

BBTS, but they've raised their price now to $175. My preorder's still at $150, but I don't know if it'll stay that way.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Solidus posted:

why the gently caress would anyone want http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900193&utm_source=apr09push&utm_campaign=sidebar THIS is what I'm wondering. How does sideshow even make money?

That's not a Sideshow product; they just distribute Bowen statues.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Just pre-ordered the Hot Toys Iron Man Mk.III. Anybody else waiting for this one to be distributed?

Mine shipped today from Sideshow.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Fish Of Doom posted:

I feel so bad for whomever bought version 1 of the HT Joker, since the new version comes with a whole extra suit.

I bought both previous versions and didn't feel bad about preordering this third, especially since it's cheaper than either of the first two.

KieronGFarrell posted:

Hells yeah
Ah drat, I need that.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Awwww yeahhhh

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Jesus christ I just looked at my preorder list for the year. It is going to be crippling. I need to trim this down stat :(

I caved and bought one of the 6" Dr. Manhattan toys. It's the first small toy I've bought in some time ... pretty drat cool, I must admit. $17 is highway robbery for this loving thing, though.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Right now - Hot Toys Golgo 13
Any day now - Hot Toys Abe & Hellboy
End of May - Hot Toys Iron Man Mk2
Early June - Hot Toys Vito Corleone, Hot Toys Dutch Schaefer, Hot Toys Predator 1

Ouuuuuch. My poor bank account.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
There is, and it's 200 loving dollars. Japan exclusive. It is absolute horseshit, but I am a sucker for Hot Toys and the Duke.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86976&highlight=golgo&page=2

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Fuuuck, it's coming soon. Out in Hong Kong now. I think it's one of the most perfect 1/6 toys I've ever seen.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I just cancelled my Dutch. The in-hand pics just aren't as impressive as the Predator. I'm bummed about it, but figured that if I was debating it, I don't need to spend the money. MK 2 just got billed, and I'm about to hit send on $230 or so for Golgo so that's another factor ...

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Vintersorg posted:

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=65&pid=415

These look fine to me.

Where are the in-hand pictures? A quick google just shows me promo.

EDIT: Nevermind, found em: http://www.avforums.com/forums/movie-memorabilia/890975-hot-toys-dutch-12-predator.html

Still worth it and im not getting Golgo, too expensive, heeh.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/

Troll there for pics; they're in Hong Kong so they get most everything before we do. Lots of pics of Dutch there.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Holy fuuuuuck. I am pretty sure mine will assume that crouched pose on arrival. My god.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Oh man. Hot Toys Abe and Hellboy shipped, Iron Man MK2 shipped and Golgo's waiting for me at the post office. This is gonna be a good week.

Edit:

profbobo fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 3, 2009

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
It's Duke Togo, man!

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

I got two Two-Faces sent to me on accident, so I took the pic while I had the extra; only opening one obviously. Vito's one of the most incredible toys I own and I can't imagine how Enterbay could really improve on it. The packaging is pretty sick as well; it's huge - about twice the height of a normal Hot Toys box. Very slick.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Got Hot Toys Predator. It is loving awesome.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I ordered from Sideshow for the bonus mask. If there's a toy that's not limited or exclusive though, I usually go through Alter Ego, Viking Playground, BBTS or Toys2.net personally. Alter Ego has pretty good prices typically.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Unintentional!

Fish Of Doom posted:

This picture is hilarious, and I'm not sure if it's intentional. Predator thrusting while Brando is bored in the background, thinking, "Aw geez, there he goes with the pelvis action again."

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
It's fake; look at the legal. It's from the Golgo toy. It's not unheard of that a toy company would license out their licenses (i.e. Sideshow making GI Joe toys), but that's definitely fake.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Louisgod posted:

Well, if there's any one company I would want to make a figure of me, it would definitely be NECA.

Hot Toys, son!

I'm kind of burned out on the hobby - all I look at / purchase these days are Ashley Wood and Hot Toys stuff, with the occasional Sideshow statue. I never really thought it would get to this point, having collected toys for so long, but it's probably for the best.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Got my Ashley Wood WWRP Brambles. Opened Medic ... definitely looking forward to my Dirty Deeds Berties.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Just ordered these badboys. Cannot wait.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Not particularly. The story's fine, but I'm in it for Ash Wood's art more than the story. They come with a decent amount of stuff, and two figures for 250 is a steal, given what I've been paying lately for toys.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I just wasn't huge on the blancs, and couldn't get one anyhow. My buddy that's in the club sold his a long time ago, apparently.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Found two Man-Bats today. I haven't bought a small toy in a while, but I couldn't resist picking them up.

Hoping that Starman is a Jack Knight toy. That will be amazing.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=products&product_id=496

Oh my god Hot Toys just stop it. I can't afford this stuff.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Fish Of Doom posted:

The headsculpt is amazing, and I'm sure the whole thing is top notch, but what a stupid figure. Robert Downey Jr. in a sweatshirt with robot legs. Totally worth $200.

The head is awesome though. If you have the first Iron Man figure, it'd be great to just buy the head separately on ebay to put on it.

Haha I have the first three Iron Men, with the Battle Damaged one on preorder and I still want it :(

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Holy poo poo. Bravo Hot Toys.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
:siren:Detolfs on sale at ikea for 19.99 on the 29th!:siren: One per person, though, so bring a friend.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Yessss

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I have Hot Toys' Predator 1 figure and I don't need anything else. poo poo is awesome.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Gregday: http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2010/04/dark-knight-armory.html

Ogmios posted:

DCUC Wave 15 is showing up on Amazon:
Starman

What are the odds that this is going to be Jack Knight? Pleasepleaseplease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

profbobo
May 22, 2004