Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
Does anyone know how to get cigarette odor out of a figure? I've bought a Neca 18 inch Jason Voorhees for what I thought was an okay price. But it stinks! I've given it a wash down with water so far, but I was wondering what I can use to get rid of the smell. Do anyone of these odor neutralising sprays actually work? I've done a google and had various suggestions including white vinegar, washing up liquid, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
Does anyone know of anywhere you can buy spare weapons etc for figures? I'm thinking of bidding on a couple of large 19" Jason Voorhees figures on E-Bay, but they don't have their weapons which, in this case, is a machete.

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
I thought I'd share this (unofficial) sculpture I got off an E-Bay seller. It's made of some kind of resin, and is pretty drat awesome.

Also, for scale...

Click here for the full 1024x820 image.

EDIT: It cost me twenty-five pounds, excluding P+P.

Darth Ronson fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 15, 2010

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Secreted from what?

I walked into that one..

Xenomrph posted:

Haha, holy poo poo, that's righteous. How much did that set you back?

My sister bought me an Alien made of scrap-metal and nuts/bolts/screws for my birthday a couple years ago, I should take some pictures of that someday.

EDIT: It cost me twenty-five pounds, with postage costing extra. The detail's great on it - the same guy also does one with the tongue/jaw sticking out, but the chin in particular seemed slightly less detailed so I went for this one.

I saw some of the Predator versions of the scrap metal figures in Cash Generator a few years back and I could kick myself for not getting one of them.

I've also got one of these...

Click here for the full 404x800 image.

.. but unlike the resin Alien head, I bought this years ago, at Camden Market. And this one's definitely made out plaster of paris. It seems like there needs to be two more smaller aliens, like flying ducks.

Darth Ronson fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 14, 2010

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
This isn't a figure I own, but it's still mind boggling to believe this is an actual licenced figure. Granted, figures don't always look like their movie counterparts, but it looks like Indy's put on a bit of weight. I give to you Talking Indiana Jones (his key phrase presumably being 'are you going to finish those chips?').

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
Anyone know what this badass GunBear figure is from? I picked it up for 50p at a car boot today. It's marked as being put out by Hasbro in 1999.

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
Anyone know what this figure I saw online is? It's a McFarlane figure apparently, from 2003, but it looks weirdly space mariney.

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
Does anyone know what this action figure is? Nearest I could find is Extreme Dinosaurs/Street Sharks and it's from Mattel, but I couldn't find this particular figure listed anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
Can anyone shed any light on what this figure is? It's a 2003 Art Asylum Star Trek figure - it appears it might be Dr McCoy, but it doesn't look anything like him, the other pictures of the figure, or youtube reviews of the same figure. It's about six inches tall.

EDIT: Never mind - sorted. It was Dr Bashir in his Trials and Tribbelations clothes.

Darth Ronson fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 28, 2013