Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah Chicago area is pretty empty at this point as far as targets are concerned. I missed out on the trooper and baroness. I'm hoping for a baroness solo release at some point but we'll see. Rumors for the next wave include Jaye and zartan which I'd love to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

For G.I. Joe Classified, I expect to see at least one whole new wave, and hopefully more. Names that were leaked a whole back included Major Bludd, Zartan, Flint, Lady Jaye, and Barbecue. A more classic Storm Shadow and Alley Viper seem inevitable because they have appeared in promo art. I'm still hoping for Chuckles, although the right-wing racist "Boogaloo Boys" movement has probably ruined our chances of getting a guy in a Hawaiian shirt strapped up with paramilitary gear and weapons.

After seeing chuckles in the newest comic series I was suddenly reminded of a gi joe toy with a Hawaiian shirt. Would love to see a classified version but you make a good point.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

This is the point where I once again recommend one of my favorite comics of the last decade, and IMO the best G.I. Joe story in any media, ever: Cobra: The Last Laugh.

Thanks for this, I've been looking to read more joe comics (I really like the new one and want to read other stories more in line with the mythos) and have no idea where to start. I was born in 84 but I inherited Joe's (and motu, star wars, etc) from my brother. My absolute favorite thing to do as a kid was watch top gun and "play along" with my sky striker.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I never got into the marvel legends stuff cause I thought it'd be too deep a rabbit hole

Now I'm staring into the classified abyss and I know it's staring back at me

I started a month ago pre ordering the storm shadow. I still haven't received it and while waiting I've picked up 5 and made three more pre orders. I have no idea what happened.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

EDIT: ^^^ Same thing I've seen. I would love a Dr. Mindbender, but I've not heard a peep about his so far.

For anyone who doesn't know there's a G.I. Joe site now. It pretty much shows the first 30 or so characters we'll be getting.

You'll be happy to know Chuckles and Sci-Fi both made the cut!

https://gijoe.hasbro.com/en-us/characters

Oh poo poo, wild Bill. Well I'm in for the long haul.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I saw an article that mentioned Canada toys r us was seeing the target exclusive Joe's including baroness if any of my canuck neighbors are searching.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah got in right at open and nabbed a commander, now to wait for April when it arrives!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Hey do any of y’all remember in the really early days of MOTU Sears had deal where if you(r parents) bought two figures it came with a poster that was a painting of a huge battle scene featuring every character and vehicle plus snake mountain and castle greyskull? Our Sears also had this big display behind glass of the actual toys set up duplicating the poster, complete with terrain and wispy cotton stuff to simulate smoke. I’ve tried to find any mention of this or even just a pic of the poster but the googles aren’t turning up anything.

E: When I say every figure, etc I mean up to that time, so maybe the first couple of waves?

My friend has a poster from his childhood but I think it's from later in the series. It has everyone in it in battle with their names listed but I think it also includes characters from the live movie like blade.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Anyone have experience with the posing stands? Might pick them up for dynamic joe fights or jedi battles.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I use the Bandai (iirc?) Act 4 stands and they work okay. The best ones are still the ones that come packed with Figmas and have little screws you can tighten to secure the grip and bends. I had a heavy-rear end Jango Fett straight up in the air on one of those for over a year and never saw any give on it.

The real test is the heavy Mando.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I came in at the firefly reveal, what other joe figures did they show?

Edit: cobra special forces! drat, good looking releases.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Classified reveals:

A mass-market Cobra Infantry soldier that looks better than the Target-exclusive Cobra Trooper
Zartan (with removable hood and mask in his opening backpack)
Firefly (looks amazing)
Viper (looks amazing)

Firefly and Viper are continuing the Cobra Island series, which means they're Target exclusives again! I'm tempted by Viper the most, but Firefly and Zartan are most impressive too.

Great more target exclusives of amazing figures, never to be seen in the wild.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I tuned out near the end but I think they said they were releasing more deluxe snake eyes and Supreme cobra commander as well.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah the viper was great, the shine on the visor looked cool. And the optional goggles that serve no purpose.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Anyone know when target will open up pre orders?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I just splurged on hasbro's site (got a snake eyes) but I'm not seeing anything on target.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah found them finally and poof. Well I got a dx snake eyes, zartan, and trooper on the site. I can try hunting down the target ones later.

In related news, I was not aware 6 inch Joe's were my kryptonite, but hasbro knew. Hasbro always knew...

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Daaku Shinsei posted:

I saw a 3d printed and painted version of that throne in a Fwoosh video the other day, I think. it looked alright. And was only $70, which is still an ouch, but 10x less of one.

So, Wave 2 of Joes is at Wal-Mart, now. As is the retro line, apparently. Not that I saw anything but Gung Ho and Cobra Commander. Not a single Red Ninja. Did not see the retro ones at all. Didn't even know the first wave was out at all.

I ordered a red ninja off dorkside a couple weeks ago (2 or 3) and it showed up Saturday for me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

How accurate are the dates on hasbro's site? This is the first time ordering stuff from them and I'm wondering if I should expect a 10/1 date on the site to be accurate or not.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Dale-Taco posted:

Ugh Hasbro ship my snake eyes DX already. :cry:

Just woke up to a shipping notice for mine, so should be pretty soon!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I feel safe knowing they won't bring out a retro sky striker and thus is my wallet safe.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Dale-Taco posted:

Pulse still hasn't shipped my snake eyes. Are they normally this slow?? Like shouldn't the manufacturer's website be the one that ships fastest?

They've shipped my snake eyes but my profit destro was expected to ship on the 1st and they still haven't sent that out.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Holy poo poo deluxe snake eyes is a big ol box. Was not prepared and now I have a space issue.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I owned zero Joe's when I placed a storm shadow order at the end of August. My storm shadow is still a week away (according to Amazon) and I now own 8 and have 4 others ready to go on release.

I haven't been bit by the toy bug this hard since transformers animated.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Dale-Taco posted:

My snake eyes DX came. He is bar none the best looking classified figure they've made.

The silver on the mask really adds to it, it's a great fig.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Congrats on that find, Dale-Taco!

My PD Destro should arrive today.

I got a pre-order in for Amazon's storm shadow back at the end of August. It was originally expect around 9/1 or so, then delayed til 10/17. I haven't received any info about it since, anyone have a guess how likely it is I'll get it or am I outta luck here?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What is the grayskull line? And why is that he man huge?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Pequod's is the best, no question. I live about a mile from there. When things get better I'd love to do a toy goon meet!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I still have a giant liger panzer I haven't built yet.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Hasbro posted an article about the icons in the side of gi joe boxes. In case anyone was wondering what some of them meant.

https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/unboxed/gi-joe-classified-series-iconography

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Rhyno idk what kind of time you have but pixel Dan posted a sweet video about a store I've never been to in Chicago. He talks about some great looking motu books, I'm definitely looking this place up now (toy de jour).

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I've been to quake collectibles and ka-pow toys in Chicago but never knew this place was a thing. I'm hoping to make a visit next month since it's like a ten minute drive from me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah when I was still looking for beach head, I checked about 8 targets around Chicago. A few of those had received stock the day before I checked and they had nothing remaining. It's incredibly frustrating and basically you need to visit at store open and hope it's a restock day.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I need more dang cobra

I really love the royal color scheme for cobra commander but I'm not sure if that's released yet.

Also I know you posted it earlier but which miles figure is that? Trying to decide which one to get and was looking at mafex.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

gently caress I blacked out and bought black series Luke and ronin Jango.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Son of a bitch, hasbro caught me unawares and I missed the bad batch figures.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Put Gohan in the middle for a real "my two dads" vibe.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Hasbro has a joe panel set for Friday 11a eat. Hopefully just stuff for their site and not more target bullshit.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Have you thought about setting it all up diorama style with a miniature environment, rocks and trees and such? Given enough space I would personally get so into that... someday I want to build my own Castle Grayskull...

I would love to do this with vintage Joe's but that's a whole cave I'm not ready to explore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Please recreate the Cafe interior, tia.