Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Replicant-001
Aug 17, 2004

This is for discussion of action figures, DC Direct, Toybiz Marvel Legends and statue megathread. Now you might need archives access to get to some of these.

The previous megathread I can be found here - > click here

The previous megathread II can be found here - > click here

The previous megathread III can be found here - > click here

The previous megathread IV can be found here - > click here

The previous megathread V can be found here - > click here

The previous megathread VI can be found here - > click here

The previous megathread VII can be found here - > click here

-------------------------------------------

SAMART: The BSS Action Figure* Swap Meet! - > click here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Replicant-001
Aug 17, 2004

Rubiks Pubes posted:

So what's the word on the movie-related GI Joe toys? I know they are coming.

Hasn't been solicited to retailers as far as I know but Toy Fair is coming up so big box retailer should be getting the jump before specialty market does.

Replicant-001
Aug 17, 2004

Satsuki posted:

My boss Ken was really into Kubricks and thought the blind box thing would take off ... I thought it was dumb, but he the boss. But no one was paying $6 (at the time) for no guarantee of what you were getting.

He might have been able to pull it off on the specialty market like Diamond Distributors or EE but no way for the boys aisle mass market. Even then the profits would be pretty slim if it wasn't a super hot property.

Djarum posted:

...I am still very pissed that I lack a Oscar figure in my life.
I have a couple extra of Japanese Oscar figures. PM me your address if you want one.

Djarum posted:

I think that is the big problem with "niche" or at least non-traditional licensed toys. The people making them have to think out of the box on where to sell them and to get the people who would be interested in them to know and come into contact with them. Palisades was awful at this, I never saw a single Muppet figure ever anywhere. I am amazed NECA stays in business since the only place I have ever seen any of their product is in a corner at a Spencer Gifts (which is another company I am amazed still is around).

All of this falls under the umbrella of Licensing and I totally agree with you. From what I hear, NECA gets a lot of play because they have the money and the some of the movies properties they choose are not being used in the mainstream. They aren't new new properties per say.

Replicant-001 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 6, 2009