Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I feel so bad for whomever bought version 1 of the HT Joker, since the new version comes with a whole extra suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Mike Crawford did his Terminator figure review, and man these really are goofy looking figures:

Click here for the full 500x753 image.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

That's exactly how it works. I had to buy this wave online. So far there have been no retail (wak-mart, target..) sightings of these guys.

Yeah, what's going on with them? All of a sudden, mighty muggs just sort of died. Other than the second series of transformers, I haven't seen any new ones since like November. I really want that Wampa.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

The Wampa wave is on-line only. If you don't want the whole wave BBTS has wampas for sale by themselves. It doesn't look like the preorder is sold out yet.

Now all future Muggs that go to brick and mortar stores will be TRU only. Kinda sucks, but it was that our outright cancellation.

Wow, that really sucks. $13 + $9 shipping. Unfortunately Mighty Muggs aren't worth $22.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Holy tits, it's the DCUC Power Girl!

Click here for the full 619x1200 image.

I wonder if she'll show up in the next Wal-Mart wave (wave 10) or in wave 12 since we already know what wave 11 is:

Forager
Katma Tui
John Stewart
Shark
Steppenwolf
Question
Deadman
Cyborg Superman

Somewhere in wave 10 or 12, we're also getting a brown Man-bat and Joker.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Apr 19, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Waves 1-6 all came out last year, so I'd assume we'll get through wave 12 this year. Wave 8 has just started showing up in some places.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

My mind is honestly blown. That's the result of a 5 year culmination.

In other random news, the Marvel universe figures are selling terribly where I am. The wal-mart MU pegs look similar to the Indiana Jones pegs last summer, just packed to the gills with no signs of moving. They have at least 5 of every single figure. My fingers are crossed for a price decrease.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

How "rare" is the face changing Darth Vader? Saw him for $30 bucks at the asian anime store in the mall yesterday and was really tempted!

That's way overpriced. There's a few buy it nows on ebay for around $11, and I still see him occasionally at retail stores.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Their Halo figures are decent articulation wise.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Looks like DCUC wave 10 is:

Power Girl
Man-Bat
Joker
BeastBoy
Robotman
Forager
Static

The BAF is as of now unknown. However the rumored BAF for wave 11 is Killowog. Apparently Wave 11 is the beginning of the Green Lantern theme. Just as up through wave 10 had New Gods characters, there will be a bunch of Lantern Army builders through the next few waves.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 10, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

A New God character.

One of my customers (who's usually dead on with his figure info) told me that Wave 11 has a Guy Gardner as GL and the variant will be Guy in his pre Warrior costume.

Wave 11, which has been found in walmart computers is supposedly

Katma Tui
John Stewart
Shark
Steppenwolf
Question
Deadman
Cyborg Superman

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I know I was one of the biggest advocate of the Marvel Universe toys, because they weren't well painted and super expensive. However, places near me have either had sales or lowered prices to the point where they're almost worth it. Toys R Us had a 2 for $11 on all Wolverine toys and K-mart has MU for $7. I might be the first to say that the figures aren't bad with some paint touch up. I'm touched up and added washes to most of the figures, and did some detail work like adding bandages on Iron Fist's hands or painting Gambit's cards. I'm probably the only person on earth who doesn't have any Marvel Legends, so these are welcome to me. Their $9 MSRP is still out of control, though. Characters like Punisher, Dare Devil, and Human Torch are still completely terrible looking.

Some of the paint work I've done, they look so unbelievably better.

Click here for the full 1000x665 image.

It's also cool how this Iron Man is in scale with the movie Iron Monger.

Xenomrph posted:

Any idea when this wave will ship? I needs me some Power Girl.

Wave 8 is shipping next week, and Wave 9 is supposedly shipping in mid-late July. I'd say September or October is a safe bet.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Maybe I was just mis-remembering the movie, but I was under the impression that the actual movie Iron Man mk3 figure was in-scale with the movie Iron Monger figure.

Iron Monger is pretty drat big in the movie

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Did anyone ever find any ML figures from that last walmart wave that was supposed to come out? Never saw any of those.

The only place they've been popping up is in Canada so far. Yay, ebay exclusives.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Wow, The Masked Rider is still really popular in Hong Kong. I remember that show on Fox Kids back in the mid 90's. I guess in Asia, it's like a cultural phenomenon.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I found Marvel Universe series 4 yesterday, meaning I could finally finish my Orson Randall custom to go with the rest of my Immortal Iron Fist customs. I'm still planning on doing the rest of the Iron Fists plus the rest of the Immortal Weapons. I think that comic deserves its own toyline, but it will never happen.

I upgraded the standard MU Iron Fist by painting on bandages, adding a waist sash, and giving him a light wash.

Click here for the full 800x532 image.

Two of the other Iron Fists, Orson Randell and Wu Ao-shi. I was waiting for the Blade figure to come out for the trench coat, gun, and boots. The Blade figure is hideous on its own, but the parts are cool.

The Steel Phoenix and Bride of Nine Spiders. Bride was the hardest to do due to her tiny head and all the additional sculpting I had to do with it. In the end, her neck spikes are a little fat, but it doesn't bother me much.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

z0rschach posted:

If I could only order starfire alone...
Also I saw new Wolverine: Origins figs. Iceman and Cyclops. The Iceman looked pretty cool, pun intended and unintended.

I got Cyclops about a month ago, he's alright, though his stumpy arms prevent him from actually being able to touch his visor. Iceman bores me and the actual figure is all the same "cool mint listerine" color.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Donde Esta posted:

Speaking of Customs:

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

That's pretty awesome, even though I hated that comic. It only needs Bat-mite to make it complete. What's the cape from, Hobgoblin?

Here's my newest custom that I've been working on all week. I figured my old Playmates EarthWorm Jim figure needed an upgrade, and DCUC has the best articulation on the market right now for a 6" figure.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

z0rschach posted:

What's the recipe for that? I have nearly all the old Playmates figs (some doubles) and I might wanna try that some day.

1 Earthworm Jim (head and gun)
1 DCUC male body with open hands (I used Camo Aquaman)
A whole lotta custom sculpting (straps, backpack, neck, gloves, feet)

I'm thinking I might do a DCUC Freakazoid next.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Mapocho posted:

Here's the parademon from a few weeks back.

I love that all of your mods are basically making "battle damage" varients. Not sarcastic at all.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Word.

Click here for the full 377x630 image.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 10, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It looks like the suit front is a separate piece they just glued over the torso. Check out the right lapel of the suit (not the coat), and how there's a small notch, suggesting the lapel doesn't extend all the way up.

I bet it's so they can use it for other figures down the line that don't wear a vest under their trench coat (Commissioner Gordan?)

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Fingers McLongDong posted:

It is, that's pretty cool. If they kept making 4" figures like that I'd be tempted to get some, but as far as I know they haven't come down in price yet.

Does anyone have a list of everything that's going to be SDCC exclusive?

Hasbro: I know for Marvel, there's a WW2 era Invaders 4 pack with Captain America/Red Skull/Human Torch/Namor in speedo. Also a black and white Captain America. And the Wolverine mugg. There's also some GI Joe 2 pack with Destro or something. I know jack all about GI Joe. There's also a 12" Baroness figure. For Star Wars, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with their pilot Luke Skywalker with smiling face and yellow ladder! For Transformers, there's a 25th Anniversary Soundwave classic styled figure.

Mattel: DC has the Wonder Twins and Gleek, as well as a Green lantern 3 pack for JLU, and of course their Anti-Monitor give away.

Mezco has a Golden Army Soldier that's in scale with their 4" Hellboy line. Also an 18" Abe Sapien.

Neca has an army jacket Guile from Street Fighter. Neca's also releasing an April O Neil w/ mousers figure from their TMNT line.

Shocker Toys may or may not have a Dick Tracy in trench coat figure.

That's all I know of. I know at least with Mattel and Mezco, they'll sell them online after the show as well. Gleek is only available at SDCC though. Hasbro will probably put their stuff up online as well, if the past years are any indication.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 17, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I've bought a few MU stuff, and either made customs or repainted them. Then again, I never bought any ML, so I'm kind of starting from scratch. $8 is steep for a figure, but the other line I collect, DCUC is also pretty steep at $13 a figure. Some of the MU figures like Deadpool or Hulk or Punisher are almost worth the price since they're either huge or come with a ton of accessories. Also, when they're occassionally on sale, like the 2 for $11 thing at TRU a month ago or $7 each at K-mart, it's a little easier to swallow.

They're decent figures with some paint touch up, but would be better at $6. The Star Wars line has a BAF gimmick now with each figure coming with droid parts, and I think it would work great with MU. The gigantic battles will be cool too, especially the super skrull they showed a few weeks ago and the possible sentinel and galactus rereleases.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

On the same subject, is it just me or if your paying $10+ for a figure you shouldn't have to add anything to it to make it worthwhile.

If you're referring to me repainting and doing touch ups to the MU I bought, I don't mind doing it. I do paint touch ups to the DCUC figures I buy as well. I'm a good painter and decent sculptor, having done so much custom stuff. I enjoy making stuff that I buy better. Perfect figures that really can't be improved are stuff like Hot Toys figures, but those are $150+. Except for Palisades, r.i.p., they made perfect figures at reasonable prices.

If I could trade all of my MU for ML versions of the characters, I probably would. But at this point, it would cost more for me to invest in buying a bunch of ML off of ebay than starting my collection from scratch. $8 for a Deadpool figure is a lot less than $60. I can totally understand not wanting to switch scales if you're OG Marvel Legends.

And I will also admit that about half of the MU figures are crap and even un-salvageable to repainting like the first punisher, daredevil (and anything using his terrible body), human torch, and blade.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jun 17, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

MattyCollector has their list of what will be available at the Con and what you can buy on August 3rd from their site after the Con up now.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.2009_SDCC

Also speaking of Mattycollector, they recently announced that the last of the Dark Knight movie masters toy would be only available through there. Who knows when those will be up, but hopefully they'll be less than $20 + shipping when they do show up.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 25, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

General Wishy posted:

It's Jail Cell Joker, Two Face, Harvey Dent, and Bank Robber Joker I believe. Sadly I do want them all but Dent.

Don't forget lightbulb-head Batman

he looks so sad

Maybe they'll be released as 1 big 5-pack. If they're individual, I'm willing to bet that Two-Face sells out in like 30 minutes and goes for like $1000 on ebay.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Ogmios posted:

Has Anyone seen any DC Universe Classics Wave 8 in stores?

No one has actually seen these at any mass retail stores, only local comic shops and so forth.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The Walmart across the way from my store has a Parademon and a Gentleman Ghost left.

Are you in Canada? Not a single person on Fwoosh or AFI has seen wave 8 at any mass retailer in the US.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

News from online retailers is that starting with wave 11, DCUC is going to have a $14.99 msrp. gently caress.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

profbobo posted:

This picture is hilarious, and I'm not sure if it's intentional. Predator thrusting while Brando is bored in the background, thinking, "Aw geez, there he goes with the pelvis action again."

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

The SDCC Wonder Twins packaging is without a doubt, the craziest toy packaging ever. You really have to watch until the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QglwWTgCE3o

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I figured I'd share my latest custom, The Umbrella Academy. I've spent the last two months making these and I'm finally done. They're a cross between the actual art, the concept art, and also more realistically proportioned.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Having just read the TPB, I really liked the character designs, and you did them justice. Great work! Have you seen the officially-licensed PVC figurine set that came out recently?

I have seen it, and I'll probably get it eventually, though $40 is a bit to spend on a bunch of small PVC figures. I really wanted a 6" fully articulated line, though, so I made my own. It'd be awesome if the company that did the Hellboy comic figures did these as well so they could really capture the art style. If I run out of other customs to make, maybe I'll make a few other characters like Pogo or Hargreeves or one of the other random villains.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Satch posted:

I saw a DCUC Blue Beetle at the grocery store yesterday. That was weird.

The Smith's in my city (think southwest Meijer's) has consistently been the best DCUC provider in my town. It was the first place I found wave 2, and they had waves 3, 4, 6, and 7 after that. I was able to find a Harley figure there about a month ago for a custom I was doing. Plus they only charge $10.49

As for peg warmers here? Blue Beetle, Captain Cold, Mr. Miracle, and Cyborg. Every store has at least 2 of each of those.

I did pick up a wave 5 Atom randomly sitting on the shelf at Wal-mart the other day. I guess they just found one laying around in the stock room.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I don't think it's been mentioned, but Hot Toys acquired a license for the rest of the marvel movies: Spiderman, Hulk, X-men, Blade, F4, and Punisher. They're starting with a Wolvering figure from the last film. Save your money, kids.

You can even vote on the next one http://www.hottoys.com.hk/blog/?p=84&cpage=1#comment-80

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 19, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Here's to you, Marvel Legends Collectors!

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FMarvel_Legends%2FPreview_Night

I seriously can't believe they're making Baghead Spiderman. And hooray for a new Deadpool, now I don't have to spend $60 on one.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

The new Spiderman Classics Green Goblin is beautiful as well

I know there's like a 10% chance that it will look that good at retail, but still.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Still no Jean Grey or Jubilee. Le sigh.

We're getting a 4" Jim Lee style Jean Grey. Rules for people like me who collect that line, is frustratingly awful for those who don't.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

All in all those that are into that size I am sure are thrilled, I just don't know that many that are.

I actually think that they've improved by about 400% since the first two waves. Wave 1 looked like chinese bootlegs almost, but for some reason the newer series are being released with better paint and much more intricate sculpts.

Still if you've been a Legends collector for the last 6 six years, there's no reason to change now.