Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fish Of Doom posted:

Consider my mind blown, Shocker toys actually released something.

http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=24415

That, Duke Nukem Forever, and Chinese Democracy were the trifecta of things that once all released will bring about the end of the world. We're only one away now.

It hasn't been released, they just showed samples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

RevKrule posted:

Is it really that hard to actually release a figure? I mean, it can't be that hard as companies do it on a daily basis but for some reason Shocker just can't get the knack for coming up with an idea and sending it through the development lifecycle.

Honestly I think they can't come up with the money to pay the factory to put things in full production. The fact that they do have a factory sample, though, is promising ... because you usually don't get that far without the intention to put them in production.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Jet Ready Go posted:

Haha everything about your post was entertaining. Those Shocker toys look like they were painting by someone with Parkinsons.

.. and I have a feeling those Movie Masters packaging are just for the reissued Movie Masters. I think they'll still keep their premium box for the new wave that comes out, I think it was a movie to avoid confusion in the aisles and make sure their newer product sticks out against their older offerings.

As for SPEED RACER toys.. who the gently caress actually buys those?

Onslaught <3
http://nycc08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=708

Why aren't there any pictures of the little Marvel figures? I'm interested in them because I like that scale, but from everything I've heard they all would be in leagues worse in terms of quality and detail than the GI Joe line. :(

Because you are looking at NYCC 2008 pictures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sounds like it could be a fun line.

I wish NECA had been able to get the rights though originally.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

$34.98 for all 4 2 packs is an awesome deal.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm actually pretty happy Legends for 2008 will just be what we seen. It's nice to have a year off.

SDCC is going to be exciting though.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Those "Gigantic Battles" are going to be awesome to replace that old chase Goliath from way back.

I also don't like how Mattel is staggering the release of the Ghostbusters stuff, they are using the same body for two of them already put them out in a box set ... I'd hate to have an incomplete team because of lack of interest. I'll probably wait til the end now to make sure I get the four.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 7, 2009

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If Chemo turns out as good as that proto, it may be the first DCUC BAF I get.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

JohnThermos posted:

I wouldn't. They'll probably be mattycollector.com exclusive and if they sell like the MOTU stuff the only way you're getting one after the initial offering is ebay scalpers.

Which is even worse because they'll be $19.99 + $8.00 shipping each time.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm warming up to the 3.75" line, especially after seeing Spider-Man & Friends 3 Pack and knowing there may some day be a Baghead Spider-Man.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That Maverick looks cool as hell, I wish I hadn't missed him before he went out of stock.

I wonder if the market for those Hulk Movie figures will go up if MU becomes a hit. They are all but gone nowadays.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The MU Secret Wars Comic 2 packs look amazing, the Wolverine is perfect.

Also on the Mighty Mugg front, Deadpool and Logan with retractable claws!

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 15, 2009

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think there is a big jump from the first to the second and then it seems to take off. The Wrecking Crew guys are awesome.

All in all I'll probably skip the entire first wave sans Iron Man and Stealth Iron Man. They are all A listers and will be redone better in 2 packs or down the line.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fish Of Doom posted:

Anyone who was hoping Hasbro would drop the Marvel license, you'll have to wait another 8 years.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?itemid=12001

What?! But the "insiders" at Fwoosh said that Marvel was upset with Hasbro and Toybiz and Mattel were going to come save the day because Ha$bro is only out for money while Toybiz and Mattel only are out for the fans.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Heh, I want that Iron Man so badly.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

TheKingPuuChuu posted:

Seriously? You guys think the marvel universe figures look good? Deadpool has a retarded huge sai, and Gambit looked terrible.

Oddly enough, both of your examples are not Marvel Universe figures. :)

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

DC Direct. go to mwctoys.com for pics and a review.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Regardless of what the future holds for MU, for all intents and purposes they have been out a week or less with no clear date of release (yes I know they were labeled 3/1/09 but the only stores that put them out on or prior to that was Kmart and any LCS that ordered), most stores are finally putting them out this week.

It's a bit early to be complaining about them not moving ... especially an LCS who is probably sitting on Legendary Comic Heroes Series 1 and DC Direct's last year offerings, but those MU figures, sitting here a week, they have gone too far! Comic stores really have no reason to order 3 3/4" figures anyway, since they have to mark them up so high to compensate for Diamond's inflated prices. That's not just for MU, but everything, I'm not going to pay $10+ for GI Joes or Star Wars either.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm willing to bet the price of that Joker is going to be raised to $200 ... so if you have a preorder in, it will probably be adjusted, or they will ask you if you still want it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I thought it was funny when Shocker went on the Image forums telling people to come to some con they were going to be at because Kirkman was going to be making a big announcement with Shocker toys.

Needless to say Kirkman read the thread and said while he respected the fact they are trying to make toys he didn't appreciate the fact they made it sound like Kirkman was going to have one of his properties made into a toy from his company ... and then went on to say his toys look like poo poo and he would never hire Shocker to do any type of merchandise for any of his properties.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If Shocker was a more capable company, a Jeff build a figure would be perfect, since he's pretty much a build a figure in the comic anyways.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

You can buy it off the Shocker site, but it won't ship til June.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I got my Shocker Sol and Maxx today, and was pleasently surprised and how good they turned out.

I finally have a Scud character for my collection, I can officially stop.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MU not selling? You don't say?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That is a pretty sweet Mugg.

Also I ordered Hordak today off Matty ... sold out in an hour.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like they are going to reissue them all eventually He-Man and Hordak will be re-released in October.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

You haven't been paying $7.99 for 6" figures for the last three years. While I agree the price is still high, to a lot of people the price "feels" better because you aren't spending $10 - $12 for a single action figure. Which is why they are doing well other reason being people like being able to build a large universe in a short amount of time, which is why DCU and MU has been such a hit with the rapid fire releases. Keep people hooked and busy looking for new waves and they won't sit back and think out the purchases or forget completely.

The 6" line had pretty much run its course though, it was direly in need of a break or end. Legends at that scale had gone on a good 8 years, which is very rare for a toy line that isn't Star Wars. So its really not surprising it eventually went to Hasbro, then went to a new scale.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

El Diablo V2 posted:

Allright guys, here's my report.

-They will be showing 16-18 prototypes at SDCC for release in 2010.
-The 3 two-packs will be hitting in late August at the latest, still distributed by Diamond and TRU.
-They hinted at a new Deadpool being revealed SDCC, as well as an Inhuman to accompany Blackbolt.
-No BAFs are coming out next year.
-They will be doing a fan poll for new ML, the top 3 will be split across 3 new two-packs, with Hasbro choosing the partners. These will most likely come out this time next year.
-NO RETAIL EXCLUSIVES NEXT YEAR!!!
-They're still working out packaging, as in singles/two-packs for the other assortments. It seemed to me they're leaning towards two-packs for now still.
-They also had a segment on Toybiz stuff that never made it, and I have a few pics from that as well.

Here are the pics:

Warpath:

Multiple Man:

Lady Bullseye:

Group:

I also spoke with Jesse a bit about Fwoosh, and he said he appreciates all the feedback and how it helped during the Toybiz days. He also said they WERE supposed to show figs at NYCC, but they couldn't, hence the slip-up. I think we owe him a little more trust and respect from now on.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It could just be a re release and be okay with just about everyone.

But it better have cancer head.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Yeah Warpath is pretty obviously the Hulkling/Crossbones body. Multiple Man is Ultimate Nick Fury. And Lady Bullseye is Elektra.

I'll gladly take 16 - 18 ML next year over nothing, its nice to hear they are taking the Toyfare poll protos and retooling them. I kind of hope the Multiple Man comes in a two-pack with another multiple man ... maybe with a different facial expression.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Mmmm deal.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Good job! Really well done.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They shipped the exclusives from KB to Walmart ... the salad shooter cyborg, and maskless batman beyond.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If they sell, its almost guaranteed the rest will be made.

Apparently people have been saying they had a Winter Soldier in the back, so I wonder if they may show some ones they will definitely release with the three we vote in.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Could be TRU as the exclusive retailer ... where you can preorder the stuff online and not worry about it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That's why I'm concerned about the Giant battles packs being exclusive there ... but Walmart has all but cut out Legends and didn't pick up the second series of two packs.

TRU has to be doing well with presales on the second wave of two packs, so I'll stay optimistic and think they opted in for another wave.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?dispsize=800&mode=view&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FMattel%2FGhostbusters%2F&pic=IMG_9543.jpg

The Winston head bugs me.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I know most people don't care about the Nemesis wave since its Hasbro crap and all ... but looks like its starting to hit outside of California, two sightings in Arizona now, looks like they are moving East.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Any of you guys in AZ want to buy me a set? I'd gladly pay a little extra for your troubles, or throw in something you might be looking for if I find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Vaporware posted:

Well, one of the properties that dragged them under was micronauts. It was awesome when the figures weren't broken in the package.

Micronauts wasn't nearly as bad a tragedy as the Army of Darkness figures ... that first batch was complete poo poo and came at a really bad time when the company was suffering, and a lot of replacements had to be sent out. I think the final total was almost like 60% of the stuff released the Suncoast/Musicland was returned. That was about the time that whole franchise crashed down anyway ... unfortunately Nicktoons toys couldn't keep the company afloat much longer.

Micronauts had huge problems too, but that was mostly in the past when they hired me, I was all Palz, Props, Zim, Fairly Odd Parents ... they had some cool stuff in 6" scale since Marvel Legends was the thing then, there was a Planet of the Apes and Terminator line that was sculpted but never made it out.