Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Joe Fisto posted:

DCUC Joker

When dammit when?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

The Capm posted:

What would be the figure you guys would have most wanted a classic Marvel Legends version of?

Marvel Legends never did enough villains for me. DCUC is doing a great job of bringing the bad guys, and Legends took almost ten loving years to bring us Kang. I mean seriously, there are some great Marvel villains that will never get the classic legends treatment. The Wrecking Crew and Baron Helmut Zemo were great mentions, and I would add Mr. Hyde, Barracuda, The Wizard, Trapster, Hammerhead, Graviton, Black Tarantula, Squadron Supreme, Squadron Sinister, Radioactive Man, Cyber, Attuma, swim trunks Namor, Purple Man, the Rose, Cassandra Nova, U-Men, Marvel Boy, Nano-Sentinels, Fantomex, Blastar, Molecule Man, Moonstone, Swordsman, Sebastian Shaw, Bastion, Prime Sentinels, Immortus, Tempus, Titanium Man, etc.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
I haven't seen a new DCUC or Marvel Legend since loving Christmas in The Target and Walmart by my house. It's driving me up the drat wall.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
I snagged the Orion and Lightray two pack at a TRU today. I love it, but I do have a question. Is Orion supposed to bend at the waist and sternum? Mine won't move, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was to keep the astro-harness in one piece.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Triphos posted:

Since I couldn't resist buying Blue and Gold when I saw them in Wal-Mart today, I've got a pair of Atom Smasher legs that I will never, ever use. If anyone wants them hit me with a PM or something.

Speaking of which nobody has a Gorilla Grodd Build-a-figure right leg lying around? I really want to complete that ape, but I don't want Firestorm.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

bgaesop posted:

I actually do, but it's in Colorado while I'm in Oregon for college. If you paid her I bet my mom would go pick it up and ship it out though.

Go to my profile and if you have the time, shoot me an email about it. As long as it isn't a huge pain in the rear end for you and family.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Holy tits, it's the DCUC Power Girl!

Click here for the full 619x1200 image.

I wonder if she'll show up in the next Wal-Mart wave (wave 10) or in wave 12 since we already know what wave 11 is:

Forager
Katma Tui
John Stewart
Shark
Steppenwolf
Question
Deadman
Cyborg Superman

Somewhere in wave 10 or 12, we're also getting a brown Man-bat and Joker.

I love DCUC so much. I am so loving stoked about Vic Sage, and more Kirby characters are always welcome.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
It's good to hear that TRU is stepping up their game. I went to one recently and had a great experience, and I'm happy to hear it's going to get better. Thanks to my Batman: Arkham Asylum gift card and a tampered package, I got Deadshot and the Nick Fury/Hand two pack for only 14.09. I love TRU right now.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
I've decided that I'm going to start customizing figures. I've begun getting discount figures for spare parts, but I haven't done this before. Where is a good place to learn?

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
They have wave 11 out in Forbidden Planet in Union Square in NYC. I got The Question. He's pretty sweet.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Jack was the Starman in last year's Mattel/Four Horsemen poll to determine the DCUC "Fans' Choice" character for this year's wave 11. The Question won, but they also included Jack Knight Starman, Huntress (in the Jim Lee costume), Catman, Ragman, and someone else... essentially what could have been a very cool wave all together. But since Question won, they threatened that we wouldn't see the other characters any time soon, and the most recent poll included all new characters (and Raven won).

Who was in the new poll besides Raven?

I'm going to the TRU in Times Square today; it's been pretty lovely pickings the last month. They've put every DC toy on clearance, and I don't think they'll put out any new waves until all of the old stock is gone. I'm hoping Black Friday cleared out the crap so I can snag a GA or Parademon.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Toyman
Uncle Sam
Geo-force
Captain Marvel Junior
Libra

Toyman would have been cool, the rest I could care less about.

I would have liked Toyman just because I want a full Legion of Doom (good luck finding a loving Riddler). Libra would have been nice, but I'm glad we won't be seeing Geo Force anytime soon.

Also. TRU was a complete letdown.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Is this a new year thing? Cause that means barely any difference between Walmart and specialty shops now. What about Target?

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Rhyno posted:

I be direct market prices will now go up as well.

gently caress, my local shop did go up price wise. loving pins.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Speaking of which, does anybody have a spare Atom Smasher torso?

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Also, Iron Man 2 might be considered mainstream enough to warrant larger orders than DCUC.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It's not a 2-pack. It's a 5-pack with Hal (repaint with gray temples), Sinestro (his head on Hal's GL body), John (repaint in his Mosaic costume), Tomar, and Guy.

I don't loving believe you.

edit: Goddammit, I need that Guy. I guess I'm saving up starting now.

The Action Man fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 16, 2010

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

liquidswordz posted:

The main Iron Man 2 line is 4" and includes movie and comic figures. They look really good, considering the scale.

There are also a few 8" figures coming. Iron Man and War Machine were shown.

Wal-Mart will be getting an exclusive 6" Iron Man 2 line. So far, the only figures officially revealed are War Machine and the Iron Man Mk. VI armor, but there is a picture of Robert Downey, Jr. holding what appears to be a 6" Mk. IV Iron Man with alternate Tony Stark head. http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=9080

Hopefully, it is for real because that thing looks amazing. My fingers are crossed for more 6" stuff beyond what has been officially shown.

I can live with that. I understand how expensive 6 inch figures are for a company like Hasbro (one that keeps screwing up). I still could go for a 6 inch comic book style s&m gear Whiplash, but I know that's a pipe dream.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

RevKrule posted:

Mattel's SDCC offerings: http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/04/mattel-comic-con-exclusives-announced-on-attack-of-the-show

Plasticman actually sounds like he could be awesome.

I want it, but I know it's going to send my wallet straight to hell. Also, I won't be at SDCC.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Saturniid19 posted:

Haven't seen the WM exclusives yet but Toys R Us has a 6-inch "concept armor" 3-pack, if you're into that sort of thing. Looking much better than the Iron Man 1 6-inchers that are still on the shelves :rolleyes:

Wow, they got screwed on that.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

The Rage posted:

You'd think so but we've gotten 2 cases of these so far and they've sold out both times.

I guess that's what kids want. I feel like the ven diagram of what kids want vs. what adult collector's want has no overlap.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Sanschel posted:

Question for those of you who collect and open 6" figures: where do you store them when not displaying them?

I recently moved and need to find something better than cardboard boxes in which to keep my Marvel Legends and DC Classics, but I'm concerned about them fermenting if I get plastic bins and they wind up in them for a long time.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

I have had rubber maid containers full of six inch figures in a basement for years, and they tend to stay in good shape. You do have to be careful how you place them though. I've had some casualties, but they all tend to be Toybiz figures from the mid nineties.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
I got hasty with DCUC Wave 10, and I went to Ebay. It wound up in the Walmart walking distance from my house less than a month after I got my Joker.

I'll wait for the Iron Man toys because it's going to be cheaper, and unlike DCUC it's tied directly to a huge movie coming out. It's just bad business not to stock them.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Here is my barely relevant story about the Iron Man 2 toys that might only apply to my store but could possibly reflect others as well.

If you Walmarts are like the one I work at they might have the toys in a box in the back but they can't put them out because A) they are missing signage or a shipper or maybe just got like a box of six and don't feel like figuring out where they go, B) no one who works in management or probably even the toy department gives a poo poo about trying to put something out if they have to figure something out on their own. Putting out toy displays is tedious and none of the poo poo ever sells even under the best of conditions.

Does this mean you should go hassle people to "go check in the back?" No! If any nerd asked me to go look in the back for a toy I would want to punch them right in their dumb face and then go sit in the back for five minutes before coming out and telling you I couldn't find them. Fortunately, the Hasbro reps are apparently out in force and it's their job to be annoying and unpleasant until we drag our poo poo out of the back. Ours was at our store just a few days ago and apparently we haven't gotten our stuff yet. We just had some boxes of of fantastic four DVDs that were supposed to go on a hot spot that doesn't exist because we haven't had a remodel yet.

I work at a Borders right now, and we've definitely gotten plenty of that "please stock these items on a non-existent display" crap.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh no! People making you do your jobs! That sucks.

Any large retail store is usually divided into sections, and one section is sometimes under the care of a person or persons who don't do their job well. The last thing someone from another section wants is to do that lovely person's work in addition to their own for the same pay.

Everyone is supposed to be able to help a customer, but nobody wants to cover for someone who doesn't carry their own weight. I've worked jobs where people take their name tags off and hang out in the stock room, and I was always more than happy to drag them out to the sales floor and get them to help a customer.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
drat, that was fast. I just got Steppenwolf at a local TrU. This leaves me with several figures that I want from waves 12 and 13. Thank God that I already have the older Darkseid and that I don't give a gently caress about Trigon; I can't really afford hunting for more build-a-figure parts.

edit: Can you throw up a pic of Jaime? He looks awesome in press release pics, and I'd love to see if he holds up.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Joe Fisto posted:

Ok, so Blue Beetle just moved to the top of my buy list. He looks absolutely beautiful.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Has Hasbor announced what's happening with the upcoming Two-packs yet? I can't seem to google anything, but the winners of the vote.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yeah, they showd pictures at Toyfair. The final packs are

Deadpool and Warpath
Valkyrie and Hulk
Black Widow and Winter Soldier

They're actually better looking than the SDCC stuff they showed a year ago. I like the Hulk built on the Red Hulk body. Plus, I mean, Black Widow...

More pictures here: http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2010/02/toy-fair-2010-hasbro-marvel-legends-2.html

I was really hoping that Warpath and Deadpool was just a rumor. Does anybody actually want a Warpath?

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Shiftypenguin posted:

The Marvel Select War Machine doesn't even have half of the detail of even the 3.75 inch version, I'd say. He doesn't have any of the markings or even the ammo feed belt.

He's still neat looking, but I agree, he doesn't hold a candle to the 6 inch version. (And not quite worth the $20 I paid for him at my LCBS.)

I work at a Borders right now, and I'm going for the Walmart versions. It just looks so much better.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Rhyno posted:

Swung by Toys R Us for the first time in 3 months today, had no idea the IM2 Mighty Muggs were so plentiful, they must've had 40 of each one. Snagged those and wandered over to the action figure aisles where I picked up another Batman Action League 2 pack that I was missing.

Oh and found a freshly put out case of DC Wave 11, complete with a Question.

I scored a green Steppenwolf from TRU 2 weeks ago. I'm glad to see that the good luck's going around.

edit: I don't see the text in the thread right now.

The Action Man fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 16, 2010

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
What time is Plastic Man going up for sale on Mattycollector.com today? How bad do you think it will be?

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

Now. I've already been booted out of line twice.

gently caress. It keeps telling me that it's coming soon.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Sold out. :bang:

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Joe Fisto posted:

So this showed up today.

Plas' glasses from the packaging are wearable.

THEY SOLD OUT. CARESS ME ALL OVER.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

Yo you got my list messed up I had wanted Gen and Transforming Venom.

I got my Plastic Man in the mail this weekend. Thank you for it; it's fantastic.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

I opened mine and messed with it for a while then put it back in the card. It mostly makes me want Plastic Man goggles IRL.
Glad it showed up OK.

I love all the little extra parts he comes with. Eel's on my shelf ogling Power Girl right now.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

3 posted:

Sorry, but I don't think anyone on the planet is going to be buying that two-pack for Warpath specifically :v:

I'm still pissed that he made it into that pack.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

RevKrule posted:

Matty's holiday gift to the press:
http://thefwoosh.com/2010/12/the-gray-ghost-2010-mattel-holiday-card

I want it so bad :(

Mattel's business model of producing cool toys in extremely small numbers and then making those numbers very difficult to obtain is putting me off toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Djarum posted:

A rumor I have been hearing about DCUC is that DC is putting its foot down on Mattel to make only current modern looks for all future characters in the line. I really hope that is not the case since Mattel has done a fantastic job so far with character selection and look/era.

I would rather not get a Huntress figure if she has to wear that loving bare belly Jim Lee outfit.