Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

Ok Hasbro, where are Lizard and Electro?

I'd pass on the Lizard but would definitely pick up Electro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Marvel Legends is releasing a Spider-Man animated series "VHS" two-pack of a cell-shaded Daredevil and a transparent Hydro-Man. Would anyone be interested in just the Hydro-Man so we could split that set?

Ha, I was with you until you wanted the Daredevil figure not the Hydro-man. Theres probably someone out there who wants HM only but... why?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Transparent plastic action figures are really cool.

I agree and they look really cool lit up with LEDs.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

deoju posted:

Just found out the Ikea detolf has been discontinued, which is a bummer for me because I already have three, and if my collection of nerd poo poo expands I won't be able to getting matching displays.
It was somebody in this thread that recommended them to begin with. This seems to be the replacement. It has built in lighting though, which is nice.

Yeah this was covered in the past and we shared your dismay. I just picked one up last week but didnt assemble it yet. The lighted version just has a puck light that goes at the top and you can buy that separately. The drawback of that lighting is that the top shelf of stuff usually blocks the bottom shelves from getting light. The upside is that the edges can hide strip lighting better than the detolf did. I'm starting with one cabinet to see how I like it before getting more or finding another option.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Good news! I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of Shadows, and I am no longer a TMNT fan. Turns out those Turtles can be really annoying. I will not be purchasing any more sets of Turtles..

Paging Vintersong...

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

It was on their own heads, honestly. They put out the one wave, and then just sat back. Didn’t show any more upcoming waves, prototypes, hints at what was in the pipeline. Just one lot, and then radio silence. I’ve bought a couple of the Prodigy figures off Amazon, and they look great, but I never saw them in stores, just the TNG and TOS movie dudes.

They needed to embrace the new shows more straight out of the gate, not just rehash the old figures.

Look, if you dont want to buy the same figures over and over then why should they make new ones? You clearly aren't supporting the line.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

That's the answer! Give the license to Todd and he will make every version of every character you could want except the original. Picard gonna look ripped with the Superman on roids treatment.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Animale posted:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/166942?o=4 Jessie and bike are on sale too, not sure if this is cheaper than importing from glorious Nippon.

Grabbing this, thanks for the heads up. The Cloud Jessie bike combo is like 400 but I dont need the Cloud so this is good for me.

The Last Call posted:

Didn't care for the remake but did love what they did with Jessie.

She definitely looks great here.

I didn't like the original as much as the rest of the world, but the remake was aces to me. Yeah Jessie is a cool homie and I'm going to put my other new fave (cause of the remake) Tifa on the bike with her as besties.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 12, 2024

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Shiftypenguin posted:

https://toynewsi.com/241-51982
(Street Sharks remaster figures preorder drops friday.)

Just take all my money, Mattel.

they should rehire Vin Diesel to make a commercial for em.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

That Skeletor throne set looks real drat good, def want.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I'm looking to get some 'blank' figures, poseable bodies with no real features in 1/12 scale. I know there are some on BBTS but they all look too muscular and I'm needing something a bit more mannequin-like. I'm guessing most of whats on ebay or being sold as artist reference models are going to be cheap plastic junk. Anyone got any recommendations though?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Body-Kun figures are definitely the correct scale but not a cheap option.

Yeah especially since I will need like 4 of them. I may just 3d print up something.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Here is a link to a BBTS product search for category "bodies" plus scale 1/12. There's a pretty diverse range of body types, but a lot of the good options are currently on preorder status. I like the look of the upcoming ones from Boss Fight Studio; they do good work.

Thanks, those were the ones I was looking at originally. I want to use them to display some scale clothing and I think the overly muscled bodies and faces would be distracting, or draw focus. I may end up going that route anyway out of convenience.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That looks awesome! Hopefully it’s not exclusive or hard to find

EDIT: Up on sideshow so looks like a general release, good! Easy preorder, I bet Revan is gonna go fast and I doubt he’ll ever be made again.

There’s also a Starkiller figure available for preorder, but I’m way less attached to that character

I also preordered, the exclusive edition is the same price and comes with a 'collectors coin'... the 3.75in figure did too so I opted for this but I would have rather there was option that came with a background or even parts of HK-47 like the Luke had the deathtrooper.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I saw that and I was like... is Power Rangers not a very good IP anymore? I thought people liked the lightning collection and I have the Zords they released recently which I also think was well received.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

Got my MOTU Krang today, he's a tall boy. Reminds me I need a Krang in robot suit for my main TMNT shelve(s).

I found mine in store and overall I think he's great... Except for the Krang part. I know he's just a brain with arms but this is Masters of the Universe, they could have given him buff brain arms. If you look at him without the android body you would have no idea what line he's from or that he's in a crossover at all.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Has anybody spotted those blind box Space Marines at Target yet? I’ve been looking but the various toy and nerd sections at my local target are always a mess and I’m not sure which area they’re supposed to be stocked in.

Nope and I check almost daily for new toys on my work breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Those loving things are going to be on the shelf for 10 seconds before they’re all grabbed by scalpers. It’s so hosed up.

I would think you'd see the box display they come in still there, I usually see the empties for the Godzilla ones etc, which I think is them being lazy about cleaning the shelves but I give them the benefit of the doubt on and say its to be a placeholder.

Found nothing new today but they did have the animated series Batcycle for 8.99 on clearance. So glad I waited.