Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

So I've been slowly collecting some random GI Joes (up to 12 now) since I missed out on the 25th Anniversary and was wondering if there's a site better than yojoe for looking up figs. I don't mind the sorting by year, but it takes me forever to find some things and was wondering if theres a site that has pictures/headshots of the different runs that would make it easier to find ones that look cool without going through 50 billion Snake Eyes/Storm Shadows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Thanks for the generalsjoes recommendation. The number of pictures with the reviews really helped to figure out the differences between the runs. I really dig the Pursuit of Cobra line and hope that they eventually do more characters rather than different versions of a handful of characters.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

I'm thinking about the second set of NECA's Pacific Rim figures and was wondering if anybody can chime in about battle damaged Gipsy Danger. In the basic preview through them and on bbts it just sort of looks dirt covered compared to the first one. I love Striker and Leatherback and am debating buying the three pack, but I can't really tell if that Gipsy is worth not paying the markup on the old one.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Speaking of which is GI Joe pretty much dead in the water right now? I know they still have a some of the collector club stuff for this year but are they waiting to see if another movie/show happens? A bunch of the stuff after the 25th anniversary were pretty baller. I still have the Destro from Resolute on my desk on at work.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

I can't remember if it's that miniseries or the weather controller where Destro aims the weapon at the ground and escapes on a helicopter after declaring something along the lines of "Fools, it will destroy the world!". Apparently a helicopter is the perfect defense against that.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Thanks to whomever posted the Hasbro link for the Spider-Gwen a few pages ago. Got mine in the mail today and it is pretty great. Paint app is like 9/10. Wonder how long it will be before I see one in the wild in my area though.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

That VTS totally not Tom Hardy Mad Max also looks pretty baller too. Thank god I don't have enough display space to even be tempted.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

So maybe a dumb question about GI Joe being back, but are those ones that were Target exclusive also 6 inch like the Classified series?

I'd assume looking at the detail on them, but them coming back at all was a total surprise to me.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Thanks. Guess I've gotta think long and hard about getting into this line knowing that I won't have display space until I move out of my current place.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Louisgod posted:

The Legends Rogue/Pyro 2-pack has finally be revealed and is on Hasbro Pulse now for pre-order:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/marvel-legends-series-marvel-s-rogue-and-pyro

All I want is Pyro so if anybody wants Rogue, hit me up.

I've wanted a good Rogue for forever so I'd be in. Gimme a PM if you haven't found a taker.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

For those of you finding the Joe's, how have the faces and paint apps been?

I've debated going out to hunt for some in person vs just snagging a couple online.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

In hand does Firefly look better than the promo photos? Most of the angles make him look super dumpy to me. Popfindr says a nearby target had 4.

Viper shows a hard 0 at every spot though.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

I was one of the people who wished on a monkey's paw for GI Joe to come back for several years when I had a new job and nothing I wanted to collect was going. Now they are back and mostly look great, but I can't loving find any besides cobra commander and roadblock.

This is such an incredibly terrible distribution system my mind is continually blown by it.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Well poo poo, Zartan went back to pre order while in my cart but I snagged Snake Eyes and a pair of troopers.

Thanks all!

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

He's in stock right now

Glad I checked the thread again before going to bed, snagged him this time.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Whew, I'm glad I want none of those Joes this time around. I'd want that Snake Eyes if I hadn't gotten the primo one a month back ago at a good price. Not that I could find them with the run I've been on. I've only found Roadblock and Cobra Commander while also having three Targets in my city. I've had to grab the rest online.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Snake Eyes is already gone, but they do appear to have Flint/Jaye/Zartan in stock again if people have missed those.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Lol, they are down for me

Edit: Oh no up after aminute, guess I'm gonna pull the trigger on this like a moron

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Anybody ever had to deal with Hasbro Pulse customer service?

They shipped some Joe's in a box about twice as big needed with one tiny pack in to keep them tight from only one dimension. Shockingly this giant empty box got the poo poo crushed out of it in transit. One is smashed and the figure damaged with the other two having badly damaged packaging. I'd eventually take all these out when I have storage space for them, but it's beyond absurd that box shipped like that. I just wonder how big of a pain in my rear end I should expect.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

I must be out of the loop here, do they seriously just sometimes give you something else randomly and not what I ordered that's only damaged because of the laziest packing I've ever seen?

I'll have to take a chance because Flint is straight up broken/damaged in his packaging and Lady Jaye's packaging is about 1/3 smashed up. I haven't taken her out to assess any damage I can't see.

Edit: I can't say at this point that I'm shocked they would do something that insanely lovely. Maybe I'll just aim to get a refund on the one and not risk getting back something I have or don't want

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 16, 2021

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

As somebody who has never cared about He-man outside of that amazing clip with the thread title; that Skeletor loving rules

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

So I finally got a response from Hasbro customer support for the Joe's that were damaged by the worst packaging I've seen. They are replacing the entire order for free and seem to have closed the ticket without asking me to mail anything back to them.

I'm totally shocked and can't wait to see if they package this one any better than a single air bubble sheet in a box that could have fit twice as much as it shipped with.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

I'd love Classified to do an Alley Viper as well. I'm open to the original or black/red palette. That was one of my favorites as a kid and I loved the Cobra Island redo.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

Is anyone interested in an instant GI Joe Classified collection? I'm looking to offload mine, not because they're bad figures, they just don't bring me joy like the rest.

I've got about half of it already so I could never justify going all in on that, but if you reach a point of parceling it out I'd want at least four of them. I totally understand if that's not what you want to do though.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Duke is actually one of the ones I never found in store. I don't love that version but if they don't do another one my brain worms would make me want him.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

If Ma Dong-Seok/Gilgamesh wasn't the build a fig I'd have bought it day one honestly. I've loved him in just about every random K-media I've watched during lockdown.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Is that She-Ra going to be an exclusive or anything? I was never into either that or He-Man as a kid but loved a lot of that remake from the other year and would take this assuming that will never get figures that don't suck.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

How reliable is the in stock at store for Target? It says my closest one has 3 She-Ra's but absolutely had nothing of the sort when I picked up some household stuff Tuesday.

Edit: For that price I'll risk them being annoying and somehow not actually having it

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 6, 2022

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

I'm not surprised at all but Target did in fact not have She-Ra's and the other 7 between two more stores I'd have been willing to drive to didn't exist either when I requested a different pickup location. It's not worth getting it shipped because it's literally only a dollar off after everything.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Wait, now I'm super confused. It let me order it for in store pickup at the sale price but it was actually an online shipped only item?

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Eh, oh well. That was the only one I'd have wanted to so it's not a huge deal. Thanks for the alert on the sale though.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

I'd been dismissive of that fig looking a little too goofy but you are doing a solid job redeeming it.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

I had to stop at my generally lovely nearby Target and had a Joe lucky find. The Python Patrol officer was supposed to be marked to 12.99 for clearance but was already all gone. Somebody messed up though as both Vypra and Dusty both also scanned for that price. I didn't really care about Dusty but I won't complain for effectively getting a two for one.

Vypra is a great looking figure and having no clue who she is doesn't detract from that at all. Dusty...can just stand in the back whenever I move and have enough shelf space to actually put out my Classified Series I guess.

Does anybody know when the Mole Rat/Shooter wave hits Walmart? My nearby supercenter is like 18 months behind on toys and I have no clue if I'll ever see Shooter and might need to beg in the thread for a hookup.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

The 3 pack Cobra Viper set is showing 50 bucks on Amazon right now if you have Prime.

Time to snag myself a birthday present!

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Oh goody, Walmart shipped my Shooter wave of Classified figs today.

In three different orders from across the country...I can't wait to see how mangled they wind up being.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

The only one I've checked in six months has only had the retro-carded ones and the sad handful that remain are all bent to poo poo. It's far and away the nicest of the four in quick driving range too!

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Oh boy, I got what I expected out of Walmart on the two Joes that came today.

Both just in boxes with zero padding or protection. Mole Rat looks like somebody kneed on the middle of the outer box at some point in his journey too.

Alley Viper box also scuffed but not so much I care to try to return it. Every single one of his guns has about a 20 degree angle hook to them though. What's the current go to for safely fixing them?

Really excited to see how Shooter is when she gets here tomorrow or Saturday.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Well unfortunately I'm a bald dude who lives alone so the need for one has been gone for at least 15 years.

For that boiling water technique you didn't need to do any bending though?

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

That rocket launcher gun looks like a parody of some absurd 40k bullshit crossed with Cable...it rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Got my last of that Classified wave in hand with Shooter today. Packaged by somebody who knew to protect it on every side actually!

While the palette for her outfit is rather simple I really really dig her look over all. Bit of a loose head/neck on mine though so be careful if you are changing the hair/gas mask.