Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm gonna vote for not buying them since they're almost $10 for a 3" figure that's harming the 6" Legends line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Stage of History posted:

This is the scale Hasbro is good at, but come on!

Why do people keep saying this?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Xenomrph posted:

Because Star Wars toys have been in production in that scale since 1977 and have been pretty drat kickass, and only gotten better in terms of quality, sculpts, paint apps, etc as the years went by. v:shobon:v
If you added up all their sales figures since the company started, I'm pretty sure Star Wars toys are among their best sellers, up there with Transformers.

That's a pretty good point. I wonder why they seem to be so much better at making SW toys that people actually like?

Joe Fisto posted:

DCUC Joker

It's official, DCUC has taken over as the best 6" mass market figures out there. For some reason we are incapable of having a good Marvel line and a good DC line simultaneously.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Would a 7" Indy soothe you at all?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hey, remember these guys?

Wasn't it neat when we could buy figures that looked like these?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Djarum posted:

Nice collection there! I wish mine was that good. I have major holes in my collection still.

Sadly that's just a GIS. My collection is quite nice, but it's also all in boxes in another state. I would have posted a bunch of pictures from marvellegends.net but appropriately enough it seems to be down.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Fish Of Doom posted:

Blue Beetle, Aquaman, and Booster Gold come out in the second shipments.

Wait, seriously? Of the DC Universe Classics, not the lovely 3" figures?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Action Man posted:

Speaking of which nobody has a Gorilla Grodd Build-a-figure right leg lying around? I really want to complete that ape, but I don't want Firestorm.

I actually do, but it's in Colorado while I'm in Oregon for college. If you paid her I bet my mom would go pick it up and ship it out though.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Action Man posted:

Go to my profile and if you have the time, shoot me an email about it. As long as it isn't a huge pain in the rear end for you and family.

What's your address? If you don't want to post it here my email is bgaesop at gmail

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So there hasn't really been a lot of discussion of the DC Universe Classics figures recently, why is that? I expected with people like the Flash and such in the lineup now that there would be at least some people collecting them. Given that you guys seem willing to spend money on the 3 3/4" Marvel figures I know you're not just all snobs about only buying top quality expensive figures.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
We're actually not allowed to do that in this thread, but just go here and the effect is the same.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nerd Of Prey posted:

You heard it here first: I have the Indie Spotlight figures IN MY HAND. For real.

Pics?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
How do the claws stay on your hands?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah, that's quite impressive.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What does cnc stand for?

edit: Collect and Connect? What was wrong with BaF for Build a Figure?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Gambit from Marvel Legends wore a brown trenchcoat.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm going through a bunch of my stuff and it turns out I have tons of action figures I never touch, nor do I put on display or anything, and so it's rather pointless for me to own them. So I'm wondering what to do with them. Here's my idea:

I'll make a thread that lists all of them. Then I'll sell them for the cost of shipping plus something and donate all the profits to Child's Play. I was thinking a minimum of $1 but if people want to donate more that's obviously a good thing. Do you guys think that would be a hit? I want to get rid of these in a way that doesn't just turn them into garbage, and if I can actually do good with it, then that's even better. Any suggestions for pricing/whatever would be appreciated.

Most of them are old Marvel Legends figures, but there's plenty of random other stuff too.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Djarum posted:

Or you know you could just give them all to me. I will give them a loving home and/or turn them into awesome customs.

Give me the money to ship them to you and also give some money to a charity and you're on! You must post photographic proof of them being in a loving home/awesome customs, though.

It'll be a few days before I can start making a good list.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bushifox posted:

So they will get played with.

http://www.bushifox.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/phoenix.jpg

You get points for the photo, but there's some of them I couldn't bear to know were destroyed. I'm sure I'll be able to find figures for you and Djarum both.

Djarum, would you consider trading a custom figure for a bunch of stuff? I would really like a Legends style Invincible. My plan is to keep only a very few I really like, and Invincible is one of my favorites, so that would be one I'd hang onto.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Djarum posted:

Once I get myself setup again I'll make you one irregardless. I have had the fodder sitting around for it forever and have meant to make one for awhile. I am in sort of custom limbo right now since I just went through a divorce and lost most of my stuff. I am hoping to have my poo poo back together in a month or two. Hopefully if everything works out I shall have the hardware together to do some casting as well!

Whoah! Sorry to hear about your divorce, but thanks for the figure. Could you post more pics of your customs? Going back through your posts in this thread didn't find me a ton.

If all goes according to plan I'll be able to have a list/photos of my figures by monday or tuesday and be able to start shipping them out as soon as people ask for them. I guarantee I'll have at least a few figures for little kids, collectors, and customizers.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Does Juggernaut's skull come off?

Must... not... get... tempted... Deciding to start reading this thread when I'm trying to cut down on the number of things I won was a bad idea.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Okay, it's been a while since I've paid attention to action figures. Last I knew Hasbro had taken over Marvel Legends and they were making crap, also there were these tiny figures whose names I've forgotten. What's Marvel Universe? What scale are they?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So those are 4" figs in those photos? Huh.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Here's a bunch of stuff you can have for the cost of shipping. I can post more info about any of them if you want. There's more photos on the way.

There's a good chance I have the accessories for any given fig, but no guarantees.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Bushifox and Djarum have first dibs on whatever.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

whatever that thing is in the bottom right of the first pic.

That is a Beetle figure from some old Spider-Man line. One night I decided to see what his face looked like under his helmet, so I tore his helmet off. Only his translucent head remains.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If people want to convince me to give them a figure instead of someone else, they should donate some money to a charity or something like that.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Die Laughing posted:

Regardless of whether or not I get any figures, I'll make sure to donate to at least one of those charities after my birthday next Wednesday.

Hooray! By Hal Jordan, do you mean the Green Lantern or Parallax version? Or both?

edit: Wait I hosed up and posted a picture twice instead of posting this picture:

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 20, 2010

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Do you want the Nightcrawler who has a button on his back that makes his eyes and mouth glow, or the X-Men Evolution Nightcrawler? Spider-Woman's armpit webbing has disintegrated.

Funtax: Thanks for the offer, but I have no desire for any of that stuff. Good on you for going the charity option too!

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Deadpool has, I think, 1 gun out of the many accessories he started with. I have no MU (those are the 4" ones, right?) nor do I have any Seekers. I do have some Transformers, though, including some pretty dang old ones, if I can find them.

I'm rooting through my room at my mom's right now, those photos are the stuff from my dad's. It's a tear-jerking mixture of nostalgia and dust. And Toy Story 3 playing in the background.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CapnAndy posted:

Who's the white hooded looking guy in the upper right?

Gandalf the White.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Goddammit you need to get a better camera. You own far too much cool poo poo to keep taking those crappy, grainy photos of it. At least borrow a camera from a friend!

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Okay, apparently my eyes are just crap or something, but what else is new.

How much did the cape cost? What's it made out of besides iron? Would it offer any sort of protection? How much does it weigh?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I took the last few photos of my figs but the battery on my camera died just as I was uploading them, so you'll have to wait a bit to see them. Regardless of who you are you're in for some treats. There's some more rare classic Legends figures, some more good children's toys, and of course, the Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Most importantly, you have until tomorrow (Sunday the 22nd) evening to claim any figures you want! So check back later, because there will be more and you will want them. My next post should contain the last of the major pictures, but if I find more stuff as I'm rooting through my room I'll throw it up.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

This one is upside down for some reason:

And last and definitely not least, this guy:

This was my very first action figure. It's Spider-Man, from the 90s cartoon, and he's wearing a symbiote capturing device. The back of it pops open and the little symbiote dude can fit in there. It's a bit of a heartbreaker for me to let this one go, but I think I'm going to. This one goes to Bushifox's kids.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Okay so here's how this is going to work: My paypal is my username (at) gmail (dot) com. You can either send me $10 and your address, or just email me your address. If you do the latter, I will go to the post office with the box, weight it, get the proper shipping, send it out, and then tell you to paypal me however much I paid. This will probably be cheaper than $10, but I don't know by how much, and I make no guarantees.

If you pick the former, I will put your figures in a flat rate box, jam in anything else I think you may be interested in, wrap the whole thing in (crumpled up?) terrible comics from the 90s, and send it out that way.

If you pick the former and then it turns out to be really easy and cheap to send out non-flat-rate boxes and I change my mind and decide to send them out that way, then I'll donate the difference to Doctors Without Borders.

Note: if you want a whole lot of figures (I don't think anyone does so far) I may need a large flat rate box instead of a small one, and those are $20. I'll tell you if I need that before sending anything out, though. edit: Funtax, Mojo will not fit into a medium box

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 22, 2010

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Die Laughing posted:

Wouldn't mind the Hal Jordan and Orion figures if they're available.

Flanders also wanted Jordan but you said you'd donate to charity, quick Flanders show him up!

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Which one of you is Jeff P?

Donde Esta posted:

Also have the money ready for gifting should you give me an ok.

I don't know what this means. Also, by 'both Batmans' did you mean both the DC Universe Superheroes ones, not any of the smaller The Batman ones with cloth capes?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
All of them are still available except for Captain Marvel. Unless wait, did you mean the Shazam one or the Mar-Vell one? Mar-Vell is taken, Shazam is available. This will probably be a large box, who knows we'll see.

In your PM you mentioned Hulks, plural. I have the Green Hulk with articulated fingers, Grey Hulk, Maestro, and Green Scar. Which of those did you want?

Coming soon: another photo of more figures!

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 22, 2010

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
As promised, here's some more figures. There may be some repitition here because I mixed the new figures in with some old ones accidentally, so if there is just ignore it. Except for the transforming Venom, I actually have two of those. Anime Powerup gets one, but the other could be yours!

edit: M.O.D.O.K. is flipping all of you off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm gonna spend all day today packing stuff up and hopefully things should get out in the mail tomorrow!

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

Does anyone happen to have a broken Modern Iron Man? I lost the faceplate on mine :mad:

Nope that's one of the ones I'm keeping for myself, modern armour rules

CapnAndy posted:

MODOK is awesome :allears:

M.O.D.O.K. OWNS ALL OF YOU FOREVER

Bushifox posted:

Greenhaired girl, if that is a female x-men movie character in the upside down picture

Are these a description of the same person? I don't know who you mean by 'greenhaired girl' but there is in fact a Jean Gray in the upside down picture. She's unarticulated and comes with a snap-off slime cover, she's an accessory that came with Toad.

bgaesop fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 22, 2010