Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I've been watching a lot of bids on ebay and if you're patient you can get a full set for under $60. I got mad at myself the other day because I forgot when the set I was biddin on ended and it went for around $45 shipped, but thats the cheapest I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
so is that x-men mighty mugg wave going to come out in walmart at all or will that be the first TRU marvel wave?

^^^If you have amazon prime I've noticed amazon occassionally has some on sale, and some of them are eligible for prime every so often. Wouldn't count on it being a reliable source though.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

tmfool posted:

X-Men muggs are out. I picked Cyke up the other day.

did you find this at walmart or TRU?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Dunno if anyone cares but there's some good pics of wave 2 of NECA's new SFIV line up here:

http://youbentmywookie.com/news/neca-street-fighter-4-series-2-4100

Akuma's face looks a little odd but otherwise I like him and Guile. Chun-li's legs are thick as tree trunks though and it's freaking me out a little. I know that's her thing, but jeez. Might look better in person, I was a little iffy about the first wave but then I saw them in person and they're actually ok, just a different style than everyone's used to with SOTA.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Do some of those have LED's in them? They look awesome by the way, if I had any sort of confidence in my ability to paint something I'd give it a shot. Love the Ninja.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Has anyone run across a LCBS that takes a new figure, opens the package carefully to remove the BAF piece, reattatches the cover, knocks a couple bucks off the price, then puts it on their shelf? I was out of town this weekend and I like to check other stores for a little variety when I can, and one store I stopped at did this with any figure they had that had BAF pieces in it. Plus, they were right next to a TRU, and it was pretty obvious they were going over, buying figures on new shipment day, and putting them back on sale in their store.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Fish Of Doom posted:

^^Haha, that's so hosed

Prototypes from wave 2 of the 5" Mario vinyl figures have been released. I like that scale better, so I'm glad they're continuing it as well. I'm psyched about Wario and Peach

Are the new Marvel Universe figures not moving in anyone else's part of the country? The pegs at Wal-Mart have been full for a few weeks now, just collecting dust. Hopefully they'll go the way of the Indiana Jones line and they'll knock the price down over the summer. I'd pick up a few for $5 each, but $8.50 is absurd.

At the same TRU I mentioned earlier they were mostly sold out, just a couple spidermans and x-force wolverines (with machine gun and red katana) were still there. Honestly the ones I saw didn't look terrible, but I'm not paying $8 for them. I'd buy the poo poo out of them if they were $5-$6 but that extra $2 adds up and puts it over the top for me.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Djarum posted:

The Transformer Crossover toys in general are just disturbing to me. I got one of the Star Wars ones and I just can't figure out why they made them. It is neither a good Transformer nor a Star Wars toy.

"Now son, you can pick one toy"

"But dad I want a transformer and an Iron Man!"

"No you bratty little poo poo just one!"

"I hate you dad you suWHOAAA A TRANSFORMING IRON MAN"

Keep in mind that a lot (most) of toys are designed to sell to children, not big man-children (me) buying them for their collections.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
my LCBS has one MOC for $60 if you really wanted it I could get it for you

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Fish Of Doom posted:

I know I was one of the biggest advocate of the Marvel Universe toys, because they weren't well painted and super expensive. However, places near me have either had sales or lowered prices to the point where they're almost worth it. Toys R Us had a 2 for $11 on all Wolverine toys and K-mart has MU for $7. I might be the first to say that the figures aren't bad with some paint touch up. I'm touched up and added washes to most of the figures, and did some detail work like adding bandages on Iron Fist's hands or painting Gambit's cards. I'm probably the only person on earth who doesn't have any Marvel Legends, so these are welcome to me. Their $9 MSRP is still out of control, though. Characters like Punisher, Dare Devil, and Human Torch are still completely terrible looking.

Some of the paint work I've done, they look so unbelievably better.

Click here for the full 1000x665 image.

It's also cool how this Iron Man is in scale with the movie Iron Monger.

Wave 8 is shipping next week, and Wave 9 is supposedly shipping in mid-late July. I'd say September or October is a safe bet.

Nice job with these, especially like what you did to the Iron Fist figure. Honestly some of these off the shelf aren't that terrible, but there's no way to justify the $9 price tag. I'd consider collecting some of the better ones at the $7 tag like you found though.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Did anyone ever find any ML figures from that last walmart wave that was supposed to come out? Never saw any of those.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Fish Of Doom posted:

I found Marvel Universe series 4 yesterday, meaning I could finally finish my Orson Randall custom to go with the rest of my Immortal Iron Fist customs. I'm still planning on doing the rest of the Iron Fists plus the rest of the Immortal Weapons. I think that comic deserves its own toyline, but it will never happen.

I upgraded the standard MU Iron Fist by painting on bandages, adding a waist sash, and giving him a light wash.

Click here for the full 800x532 image.

Two of the other Iron Fists, Orson Randell and Wu Ao-shi. I was waiting for the Blade figure to come out for the trench coat, gun, and boots. The Blade figure is hideous on its own, but the parts are cool.

The Steel Phoenix and Bride of Nine Spiders. Bride was the hardest to do due to her tiny head and all the additional sculpting I had to do with it. In the end, her neck spikes are a little fat, but it doesn't bother me much.

These are awesome. Please try to make a full set so I can steal them all at once.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Satch posted:

I was clickin around ebay, this is a shot of that special mail-away Nick Fury figure from the current line

In the upper right, is that the gun from Secret Invasion? I might have to get this thing if it is.

Edit: much better picture

It is, that's pretty cool. If they kept making 4" figures like that I'd be tempted to get some, but as far as I know they haven't come down in price yet.

Does anyone have a list of everything that's going to be SDCC exclusive?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Fish Of Doom posted:

Neca has an army jacket Guile from Street Fighter. Neca's also releasing an April O Neil w/ mousers figure from their TMNT line.

http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/05/neca-reveals-sdcc-exclusives.html

Here's some pictures along with a couple more exclusives, I forgot about NECA completely. NECA figures typically look really good too, too bad they don't get more attention or lines that might sell more. Every time I go to TRU there's just pegs and pegs of their stuff like Gears figures. Might need to get someone to pick up that Guile for me.

edit: son of a bitch I just tried to look up that Invaders set since I got all excited about it and it turns out it's a part of the 4" line. Has Hasbro officially abandoned the 6" line completely then?

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 17, 2009

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Yeah, you'd think if there was a fate to be announced other than "haitus" they'd have an exclusive like they always have. Have the MU figures really been selling that well to warrant possibly abandoning ML figures? The last ML wave still hasn't hit America yet.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
^^^I don't get it either. I wonder if they're just selling because there's no other new Marvel figures of any other type being produced. Honestly, despite first impressions, some of them really aren't that bad, I just don't get people paying the same price they paid for ML figures.

z0rschach posted:

I think the decision to tone back on the 6" figures was made before they even hit the shelves.

Yeah, I just thought I remembered reading them saying some ambiguous stuff about how maybe they'll keep them, maybe they won't. I'm basically just wanting them to give a straight answer.

I think it just comes down to the fact that I'm annoyed that my entire collection of dozens and dozens of Marvel figures is in a 6" line and I'd feel dumb starting over with slightly overpriced 4" figures.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Satsuki posted:

You haven't been paying $7.99 for 6" figures for the last three years. While I agree the price is still high, to a lot of people the price "feels" better because you aren't spending $10 - $12 for a single action figure. Which is why they are doing well other reason being people like being able to build a large universe in a short amount of time, which is why DCU and MU has been such a hit with the rapid fire releases. Keep people hooked and busy looking for new waves and they won't sit back and think out the purchases or forget completely.

The 6" line had pretty much run its course though, it was direly in need of a break or end. Legends at that scale had gone on a good 8 years, which is very rare for a toy line that isn't Star Wars. So its really not surprising it eventually went to Hasbro, then went to a new scale.

Yeah, but then again MU figures don't come with BAF parts, and a lot of BAF parts go for a couple bucks on their own. So it's basically $2 less for a smaller figure with less accessories and less incentive to complete a set. You also have to consider what LightsGameraAction said, a lot of LCBS will hike up the prices to be $10 or over for them. I can understand the marketing aspect of it, about keeping new stuff out, its just funny to me that people might complain about a new ML Iron man figure coming out, but will still buy new MU IM figures.

I am more than willing to admit that I'm a bitter collector who's just being grouchy about his line he's been collecting dying though :)

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I don't know how many times I have to say this.
Your local comic shop does not hike up prices. We have to pay more to even carry the loving things so of course the price is higher. What, you want us to sell you the toys at a $2 loss per figure? gently caress that bullshit.

Oh I understand that, I've bought plenty of stuff from my LCBS, I didn't mean it in a "they're trying to steal my money" kind of way. The manager at my store actually goes by whatever ebay prices are, and tries to go a little under that, plus giving a discount for having enough books in my box. At the same time, he doesn't even order stuff like MU and Muggs because he knows he'll have to hike the price up and probably won't be able to sell them. Nevermind that I have been in other crappy LCBS's that actually DO hike up the price, far more than necessary. One store I went to would buy all their figures from the TRU next door, open them, take the BAF parts out, reseal them, and put them back on the shelf for what they paid.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I take back literally every bad thing I said about hasbro in the last year. Any actual word yet on what's going to be exclusive where?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Did anyone ever find that X-men wave of Muggs? Every time I go to a TRU they just have older waves, I've never seen them.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Djarum posted:

I sadly don't have a TRU near me which pisses me off to no end. I hear they have a bunch of the NECA stuff, I just have never seen it in person whenever I actually find one.

I am pretty much screwed here with Target and a awful Wal-Mart on the other side of town from me. Thankfully I am only stuck here for another year *knock on wood* and I finally get to move somewhere that resembles civilization again.

I don't want to hear anyone's whining, I live on top of a mountain and the only chain up here is a Wal-mart that is open 8am-11pm. Nearest Target or TRU is 45-60 minutes away. My LCBS never gets new stuff, but they usually have a decent selection of older ML figures.

Every time I find a TRU when I'm out of town though it's like they have a whole section with nothing but NECA stuff, all on one isle.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
What if it's a seller that considers himself to be an "honest" seller because he is able to allow a customer to pay $13 for a figure by charging $1/$12 shipping, and with that method reduces his ebay fees, further enabling him to allow a lower overall price? Everyone in this thread is making an awful lot of assumptions about everyone else. I know it's not the case every time, but it's unreasonable to assume that ever seller overcharging on shipping is trying to be a sneak.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Smart thing would be to still make that Madrox figure because every good collector will buy 4-5 of them :colbert:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I would really consider buying a full set of those from you with them being so well done. Great job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Is there still a figure trading/selling thread somewhere? I can't find one on the first few sa-mart pages and the link in the OP isn't working. Finally pulled what's left of my collection out of some boxes and have a bunch of random stuff I'd like to sell or trade mtg cards for. How much are competed BaF Sentinels these days?