Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oh well in that case, I apologize for calling you a scalper apologist. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

I'm not sure if anyone else collects the Playmates Terminator: Salvation figures, but apparently news is that wave 2 of the 3 3/4" figures (which had the Bale likeness)have been cancelled. The 14" harvester will be released in the fall though.

Back in July Playmates had said they had gotten the rights to make figures from T1 and T2, and were planning on releasing them in spring of 2010, hopefully they still might, an original HK Tank and Flying HK, as well as Kyle and others would be cool.

Here's a link to the news and some cool pics of the Harvester: http://legionsofgotham.org/TOYLEGIONHOME/?s=terminator
I was kinda curious what other figures would even be in wave 2 other than the new Connor figure, seeing as how pretty much every character except Kyle Reese was covered in wave 1.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

They still had to release the Moto-Terminator (They had to resculpt it to match the final movie version, same thing happened with the harvester).
That's weird, because I own the Moto-Terminator toy and it looks very close to how it looked in the movie. I had to get it imported from the UK, but it was worth it - it's probably my favorite figure from the whole line and it looks really great.

It's got this spring-loaded feature where a "seat" flips around, the dashboard pops up, and handlebars spring out, but I keep it in its "regular" mode and it looks excellent. It's got miniguns on each side, wheels that spin really well, and a folding kickstand so you can keep it upright. I like it a lot.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 16, 2009

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

mods rename me posted:

I picked up a ton of the first wave stuff on clearance (75% off). I'm probably going to return it in in the end, but it was really hit or miss. I liked the skeletons.
The 6"-scale T-1 is awesome, and I really liked the 3.75"-scale T-600 and T-800. The big 10"-scale T-600 was pretty cool, too, as was the big Aerial HK.

I passed on pretty much everything else.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wow, nice! What was the head originally? What sort of modifications did you do to it, other than repainting it?

Seriously though, that looks pretty excellent. The "metallic" blue on the outfit really works well, and it looks great.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cross-posting from Games, here's a pic of the SDCC Dead Space figure in all its LED glory, courtesy of one of my sister's friends:

Comparison pic:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vaporware posted:

Custom District 9 Prawn Mech

Pretty sweet. I would have went more appleseed chunky with the scaling of the armor panels in the upper arms, legs and torso, but I think it turned out well for what it is.
That's goddamn loving amazing.

I really hope NECA or someone does a 7" District 9 mech suit.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fish Of Doom posted:

So DCUC wave 10's been out for 2 weeks now, anyone here find any of them? They've been found everywhere from texas to missouri to washington to michigan to florida.

People are freaking the gently caress out. A complete Imperiex recently went on ebay for $350. Someone sold an entire set for $600. Mattel said they produced more of this wave than they did of wave 5, but that isn't stopping people from bathing in a wash of despair and hopelessness.
I haven't seen any. Wave 10 is the one with Power Girl, right? Because that's the only figure in the wave that I care about. If someone finds one I'd buy it off them; I don't even care about the BAF piece.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Action Serious posted:

The walmarts here actually stocked up with wave 10 of the classics. After only finding Forager, Robotman and Power Girl at one I went over to the walmart by my work and found the entire wave and picked up a couple Jokers and a Batman.
Where are you located? Like, east coast, west coast, etc?

Maybe my Wal-Marts will get some of them soon. :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ogmios posted:

I found Joker, Powergirl and Batman at a Colorado Wal-mart!

Action Serious posted:

I'm in southeast Michigan.

Checked my local Wal-Mart in Phoenix, AZ last night and they had jack poo poo! :negative:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Checked the local 24-hour Wal-Mart just now on a whim, on my way back from a friend's house, and they actually had Wave 10 stuff. Picked up Power Girl (only one they had). It's the only figure in the wave I care about, and I don't care about the build-a-figure piece. If anyone wants it, it's yours if you cover the cost of shipping and whatnot.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm not a Mega Man fan at all, and that's loving amazing. :golfclap:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of minimates, I scored 3 packs of the Terminator2 ones on eBay for $15 with free shipping, which seems like a pretty good deal. I'll likely post up some pics of them when they show up, they looked pretty neat.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

profbobo posted:

Holy poo poo. Bravo Hot Toys.

That's outstanding.

Recently I scored one of the NECA 7" figures, though, and it loving rules (for a 7" figure).

Click here for the full 641x1499 image.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

AxeManiac posted:

I'm making a diorama and using gi joe sized figures. Can anyone suggest any Aliens (as in Alien, Aliens, Aliens 3, Aliens vs Predator) figures that would fit that scale/don't look like poo poo.
I'm a huge fan of the Hot Toys 'Aliens' Snap Kits. It's my favorite Alien figure by any company, in fact.

They come in 3 colors (to reflect the colors that the costumes were in the movie at different points). I've got a blue one with a closed mouth sitting next to my PC monitor right now and he's really awesome.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stumbled across this pic on the Spawn.com toy boards:

It's a Superman figure repainted to look like 2D comic book art. I think it's a pretty cool effect. Apparently it was done by "frogDNA" over at Procustomizers.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

AxeManiac posted:

That's just horrible, I've been trying to get one of the Avatar 3/4th figures of the bad rear end marine dude and I found a bunch of them at a Ralph's Grocery Store one week for 50% off, making them 4.49 and got a few, then came back next week for groceries and found them marked down even more to 2.29 and got a bunch more and now I have the whole set but him and the cheapest I've seen him is 8.99 at Target, 12.99 online at Amazon.

The retail on them is 12.99, which is insane for little GI Joe sized figures. Now I need to find some affordable Aliens toys to have them fighting the Avatar people in my diorama!!!
Huh, I never thought to check a grocery store for Avatar stuff - I've only ever seen them at Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us. I've got no idea where you live (or where a Ralph's Grocery Store is), though.

As for affordable Aliens toys, you might be able to find some cheap Kenner stuff from '92 on eBay. I'm a huge fan of the Scorpion Alien because it looks just like the ones from 'Aliens' and it loving explodes.
:monocle:

Click here for the full 1131x1489 image.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fish Of Doom posted:

The transformers stuff is too expensive. You could argue that DCUC can get away with $15 because it's more for adult collectors, but the transformers movie stuff is almost entirely aimed at kids. No kid or parent is going to want to spend $17 on each individual character.
I was annoyed when they jacked up the Deluxe Transformer price from $10 to $12 for no real reason, and I thought maybe Wal-Mart had learned their lesson after their Deluxe ones for sale just sat there warming the pegs after the price jump because they dropped the price down to $10 and it stayed there until, like, last week. Now it's back up to $12 again. :sigh:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stopped in Toys R Us on a whim and scored the last Bioshock 2 "Big Sister & Little Sister" Toys R Us exclusive action figure 2-pack for $20. :woop:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The comics one is cool, but the "Blast off!" stand is retarded, or I can't master the base like an 8 year old can. I cannot get him to stand in a way that doesn't look like he is drunk off his rear end
At least he's in-character! :downsrim:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cryptobotanist posted:

god, whose cock do I have to suck to get a figure of a Predator ( ya know, aliens v predator) with a mask on?
Wait a couple months, NECA is releasing new Predator figures for 'Predator', 'Predator2', and the new 'Predators' movie.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Has anyone come across the new wave to Star Wars comic packs? Theres a set of Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun and the case we got Thursday didn't have them in it so just checking to see if anyone has seen it in person.
I've seen the Rohm Moc/IG-97 and some Storm Commando/Imperial Officer one, but none of the others that are supposed to come out. I want the Deliah Blue/Darth Nihl pack.

I know the Rogue Squadron one with Plourr Ilo and Dllr Nep was going to be a Wal-Mart exclusive, but Wal-Mart canceled it and Entertainment Earth picked it up as an online exclusive (and jacked up the price :doom: ).

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Well goddamn. Now that's what I'm talking about.

When are those due out?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

profbobo posted:

Ohhhh shiiiiiitttt
What am I looking at here?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Anybody have any luck tracking down the Wal-Mart exclusive 6" Iron Man and War Machine yet? They're just starting to his stores now and I've had no luck, but if somebody's been able to find them, I'll gladly take a set!
Haven't seen them at all at my local Wal-Marts in Phoenix, AZ. :sigh:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vintersorg posted:

FYI I found the figures near the bike racks, where my WM usually peddles old rear end toys.
My Wal-Mart actually has a few places they've got Iron Man stuff on display - they've got a small display with some toys near the kids clothing section, because they've got a bunch of Iron Man 2 shirts for sale. They've got an endcap near the regular action figure aisle, but all it has is the little 3-3/4" figures (mostly the vehicle packs and "deluxe armor" packs), and then the bulk of the stuff is in the action figure aisle.

I'll probably check again tomorrow - I'm really only interested in the War Machine figure, but I'd pick up the new Iron Man one if it looks cool in person. :shobon:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fish Of Doom posted:

This is where I found them today. There was a 4 sided cardboard display in the boy's clothing section. It was mostly filled with the masks and roleplaying stuff, but on the other side facing away from the aisle were 3 of each of the 6" figures. Absolutely nothing in the regular toy section.
Well god damnit. I was at Wal-Mart today and that was the one place I didn't check. I'll check tomorrow after work I suppose. :doh:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Scoured two Wal-Marts today for the Iron Man 6" figures, absolutely nothing. Not even a space for them, or pegs, or price tags, anything.

Phoenix has been a goddamn wasteland for a lot of new stuff lately. We get the DCUC figures, like, several weeks after everyone else does, and despite reports that the new Star Wars comic packs are out at Target and the last Star Wars Legacy Series figures are out now, I've checked multiple Targets, Wal-Marts, and TRUs and come up totally dry.

I did cave and get one of the 3.75" Iron Man 2 figures, though. I got the Hypervelocity armor one - I like the subdued colors and the angular design compared the "regular" movie armors. Apparently it's based on some movie concept art, too. :haw:

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shiftypenguin posted:

My area's like this too. I finally found one War Machine and Mark V 6" after checking six Walmarts over the course of three days. The one's I found were simply laid on the shelf with no peg in site.

I only picked up the War Machine but drat is he awesome.
When did you finally find him? Maybe they just haven't trickled out here in Phoenix yet or something, I dunno. I mean, I wouldn't feel so bad if the 6" ones literally JUST came out and maybe they'll hit here over the next week or so. If they've been out for a few weeks and Phoenix is still retarded then that's something different. :saddowns:

There's another Wal-Mart I'm going to try tomorrow after work, otherwise I'll wait a day or two and re-check them all again I guess. :sigh:

loving Flagstaff stocked new stuff better than major metro Phoenix does. It's not like I'm living in some podunk town in the middle of nowhere here.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So I got a couple of the little 3" Iron Man 2 figures and I really can't figure out what to do with the "armor cards".
Like, I get that rearranging them between armors creates a different letter/number code along the right side. So I guess you can "build" armors with different stats and attributes, and the alphanumeric code would reflect the combination you made?
The thing is, the https://www.ironmancard.com URL printed on the armor cards just redirects to Marvel.com and I can't find a place to actually use them or anything. :saddowns:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shiftypenguin posted:

I was confused on this too. I googled it and the consensus seems to be that it's coming but the website just isn't live yet. Maybe next week or something.
If it's implemented "well" I think it could be really cool. I mean there's, like, what? 20+ Iron Man 2 figures released so far? each with 3 cards apiece that you can swap out and stuff. That's a lot of combinations for people to mess around with.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

3 posted:

In 2005, there was a major petrochemical supply shock when Katrina wiped the floor with the Gulf refinery industry, which trickled down the supply line slowly until 2008, when everything went completely inside out with the collapse of Wall Street. The rising cost of plastic and a hosed up economy combined with natural inflation leads to these kind of situations.
So when the economy starts turning around, can we expect to see the prices go back down a bit? Or is that just silly?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I can accept paying $5 apiece for 3.75" figures. When the store wants me to pay $7+, I hesitate.

I want to get all 6 "marks" of Iron Man armor from the Iron Man 2 series just because I think it'd look cool having them all in a row, but when they're $7 apiece and stuff like the Mark III, IV, and VI are so similar, I really hesitate. I picked up the Mark VI yesterday as an impulse purchase, and I'm already considering returning it unopened because it I could use that $7 on something more worth my money. Add to that the hit-or-miss paint apps on the Iron Man 2 figs and it really makes me stop and think before I pick one up.

Don't regret getting the Hypervelocity Armor concept figure, though. The flat face is a little weird but I understand why it has that and it's in-line with the aesthetic, and I still like the figure a lot.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

3 posted:

It's pretty unlikely we'll ever see a significant reduction in prices back to '05-era levels since we can't just magically replenish our supply of hydrocarbons.
Well if the environment caused part of the problem, and the poo poo economy caused part of it, and the economy turns around, couldn't that cause some kind of reduction? Sure we can't get the environment part back, but we can make the economy not suck cock. v:shobon:v

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mecheon posted:

Although I do always laugh at how the Starwars fans managed to get Hasbro to pretty much kill their fan related line with obscure characters
What do you mean?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mecheon posted:

Of course all I care about with the Star Wars toys is picking up the few things that look awesome, which I rarely can get when said shelfwarmers have been sitting around here for well over a year
I want the new comic packs that are allegedly out at Target, and I'd love to pick up some of the "expanded universe" figures that are allegedly out now, too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I actually don't own any Revoltech figures of any kind. :(

1/18-scale are like 3.75" figures, right? I do have one of the Hot Toys "Snap Kit" Aliens which is about 5" tall, and I really like it a lot.

Big pic of the snap kits here.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mecheon posted:

Yeah, 1/18 is 3 3/4". And they're the ones I want, actually. Some AvP ones as well from what I can see. Your drat LP was what got me starting to hunt the things down, actually

The problem is that their price has climbed into the damned stratosphere. But dammit, my old awesome Snake Alien needs some minions
Well if you're willing to get the old Kenner ones, the Scorpion Alien is pretty much based on the appearance from 'Aliens', is roughly 3.75" scaled, and isn't stupid-expensive. Oh yeah, and it loving explodes. :hellyeah:

Kenner figures must be on the upswing in price right now, a couple months ago they were selling on eBay for, like, $5.
v:shobon:v

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Which ones are you looking for? I've seen the new comic packs of Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma and that wave. We've also gotten in the cases of Jacen and Jaina and K'Kruhk and Shaak Ti figures at TRU.
I'd love to get the Darktrooper Mk1 if I could get any one figure from that wave, but I'd also love to get Jacen, Jaina, and Shaak Ti.

I'd have to see what the Exar Kun/Ulic pack looks like, but I'm definitely looking for the Tholme/T'raa Saa one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'll definitely check my local TRU tomorrow, then. Thanks! :hfive: