Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

You guys need to do more hunting. People found her at gamestops. You never know idk

Oh believe me, I was hunting like crazy after my Target preorder fell apart.

I thought she was a Target exclusive for some reason so I put all my eggs in one basket when I could have grabbed her from Amazon apparently, but by the time I learned that she was long gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’ve got the McF DC Multiverse Lobo with Spacehog coming in the mail tomorrow, I’m going to pair him with the Marvel Legends Cosmic Ghost Rider with his space-cycle.

I also slapped down a preorder on the Spawn/Todd two-pack, because, like, c’mon. I’ve been collecting McFarlane figures for so long that having a figure of Todd is way, way too funny to miss out on. I’m genuinely more excited about the Todd figure than the Spawn (although that looks cool too).

I backed his Kickstarter for his definitive Spawn figure and I really like it, it’s definitely my preferred Spawn figure in my collection and I’m not even the hugest Spawn fan aside from watching the HBO series and buying the occasional McFarlane figure over the years.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 24, 2024

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shiftypenguin posted:

The toys took a LOT of liberties with the source material...

They were awesome. :allears:

To this day, if I ever decided to get a tattoo it would be of the classic combined JP toy emblem.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Open Marriage Night posted:

Whenever I have to initial something at work I merge the letters like the JP toy logo.

My work’s logo is 2 letters merged and they recently rebranded into a new font and it absolutely is the JP font and I’m convinced that the advertising/marketing agency that designed the logo did it on purpose.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1763250996749258963

Pink/purple gloves OG Batman!

You only need to get him a holster and gun.

Am I the only one continually perplexed why Azbats keeps getting figures with red instead of the more conventional blue normal scheme?

Yes, I know why it's red. It's like a page or two of his armor heating up and he promptly discards it in his fight with Bruce for keeper keeps all.

It's just kinda, pointless? If you want Azbats you want him looking blue, not this here for a few panels red.

Blue AzBats was a Walmart exclusive and he sold out. I never even saw him at retail.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Hey, do air purifiers help with getting rid of dust in a collection room? Would having one reduce the amount of time you’d have to manually dust?

Dusting is for suckers. The wise collector acquires so many action figures that you put them like a mosh pit on your shelf and then you can’t see any dust.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

If worst comes to worst, buy the discounted one and then return it with the receipt from the first one you bought at full price.

I bought a few things on the sale for precisely this purpose.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I love the Beastie Boys so much, but I just can't. With tax and shipping, that's $185 for all three. I have enough trouble justifying every $25 Hasbro figure I buy.

Have you tried killing people for money? I hear that can be very lucrative.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Does anyone know exactly what kinds of batteries go in the old Hot Toys “indestructible” T-800 and Terminator Salvation T-700 endoskeletons? I tried LR521s but they seem to be too small, and they just fall out of the battery compartment. It doesn’t help that there aren’t your typical springs to keep the batteries in place.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got Marvel Legends Hallow’s Eve in the mail from Pulse yesterday, she looks pretty cool!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’ve got Scarlett ordered from Pulse but I don’t think she’s shipped yet.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Item not available :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

New Frazetta Fire & Ice figure just went up for preorder: Teegra with her panther. $70 if you buy direct, $90 from BBTS. Very much looks like an action figure of your classic Frazetta babe. Which means I want one. Still not sure if I'll go for it though.

What is shipping like if you buy direct?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Honestly I have no idea, I have not bought anything from them personally. Just sharing what info I had. I did see a promo for 15% off your first order if you subscribe to their newsletter, so that would be about another $10 off that figure. Assuming shipping is reasonable, it's probably the cheap option. Don't know if any retailers have it without the BBTS markup.

Yep, I ended up grabbing it direct from the Frazetta site with the discount, it ended up being like $30 cheaper than BBTS even after shipping (since BBTS would also charge tax and $4 shipping on top of the markup). I had to pay up front but I did it as PayPal pay-in-4 (something else I couldn’t do with BBTS).

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

20 bucks and shipping and its yours.

The one from this deleted scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ssaFJZLUU

What a bizarre thing to base a BAF off of.

Should’a made a BAF of musician Seal holding a rose or something.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Haslab 3:1-scale USS Flagg, do it Hasbro you cowards

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I haven’t bought a ton of Classified figures, but I very much like Classified Baroness (the one that came with the COIL bike), and Helix is essentially identical to the old 3.75” figure (although the yellow hue is a little off, but whatever).

Speaking of Joe, Hasbro Pulse just notified me that my order of Classified Retro Scarlett should ship soon. :woop:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

deoju posted:

Four years ago NECA said they were doing versions of Mr. Freeze's gun and Harley Quinns pistol.
https://comicbook.com/gear/news/toy-fair-batman-the-animated-series-replica-props-neca/

I haven't seen anything about them since are they still coming? The Batman Beyond batarang is available now, and that was presented at the same time.

Over 4 years ago NECA said they were doing an update to their Wolf Predator and even shared prototype pics, and here we are.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

Wolf is coming they said so at toy fair this year

Blackchamber posted:

HEY we're bashin here!
:hmmyes:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I am in GameStop, which Black series Mandalorian is the good one? “Mines of Mandalore”?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

chappey posted:

This line just keeps getting better and better. Every time I think I'm gonna skip one of these figures, if I see it on the store shelf I gotta bring it home. But Blanka and Vega I WILL skip. I WILL. Probably.

I’ve never seen any of them on store shelves anywhere. Who even carries them?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Amazon delayed my Scarlett order until like May or June. Booooo.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah it looks like Pulse has her available, I might just order from them.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That was always one of the vehicles you looked at and wondered why they just didn't make them life sized.

At least as a kid. As an adult I'm like "oh, yea. Lots of reasons why".

I’m an (alleged) grown-rear end adult and I don’t see any reason not to. :colbert:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dawgstar posted:

I'm focusing on GI Joes so did not partake but as a Pulse Premium member it would have been nice to get literally any kind of warning if I was.

Do you have the app? I got a push notification, and also an email.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nanigans posted:

This thing is so stupid and I want it so bad

Call me when we get a Mara Jade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

I am in general principle opposed to Funko Pops but I do kind of want to get a pair of Crow and Tom Servo just because I want some kind of figures of them and haven’t ever found anything else.

This is how it starts, isn’t it?

There’s a well-worn adage: Funko pops suck, until they make one of something you like.