Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.
Picked up an Ozymandias today from the Watchmen movie line. I have to say, it is perhaps one of the nicest looking toys I've bought in recent history. I was speaking with the store owner, and he made a good description, that the new toys are essentially the step between the comic and the movie. Just realistic enough and just comic booky enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Louisgod posted:

I posted this in the figure swap thread, but has anybody had any luck with the Watchmen figures yet? The comic shops here only had Silk Spectre. I'll pay for a Nite Owl and Rorschach if anybody runs into them.

Night Owl is $15, Rorschach is $20 at our store. The Ozy figure is really nice too.

Let me know asap. I have no idea what shipping on them would be.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Satch posted:

I'll hit the store tomorrow morning, and get both (if I can, or course) unless bairfanx posts here. They do look really nice, too, but 15 is too much for me for a figure. I am cheap.

I'll get him a Nite Owl if you can't, but life would likely be easier if it came from one source. I was a bit miffed that the owner was selling Rorschach for more, but, well, I can't really blame him. And I only want Ozy and Doc Manhattan anyway...

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.
gently caress, those Ghostbusters are amazing.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Fish Of Doom posted:

How'd you guys miss this?

I wondered how long it'd be before we saw a Goblin.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

profbobo posted:

Hahah, Muggs are Toys R Us exclusive now. gently caress 'em, Hasbro deserves to fail with stunts like that.

God dammit. I like being able to get off work at 2 or 3 in the morning, go to Wal-mart, and buy a mighty mugg. It doesn't help that the TRU here sucks balls.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

bgaesop posted:

Wait, seriously? Of the DC Universe Classics, not the lovely 3" figures?

gently caress. There just went a pile of cash. I assume it's a Ted Blue Beetle, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

The Action Man posted:

I haven't seen a new DCUC or Marvel Legend since loving Christmas in The Target and Walmart by my house. It's driving me up the drat wall.

Wow, this reminds me that I never saw a single of the FF wave at any store in my town. gently caress, time to scour ebay for a Doom.