Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outlaw Programmer
Jan 1, 2008
Will Code For Food

Jose Cuervo posted:

I have a personal website that I wanted to post my travel pictures on. Instead of making a slidehow I thought it would be easier to just have all the pictures as thumbnails and then have the user click on a picture they wanted to see. The picture clicked on would then display in a larger size.

I found this website that has a zoom feature that does exactly what I want. Unfortunately I do not know how to make the javascript work. I have tried downloading the mootools file and the script file from the website, but I do not know where to put the variable declaration (var myZoomer = new ByZoomer(options);) on my page and what exactly it does since I do not see it being used anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can see where they initialize their object in this separate .js file.

To use it, it looks like you mark some elements in your HTML with a class name or ID. After the document is finished loading, you create their ByZoomer object and pass it this identifier. It will crawl over the document and discover the element you want and then work its magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU