Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH
Recommended way of doing what exactly? You can certainly split it up into as many files that make sense. However, once you're done with development and ready for production you should definitely merge them into a single minified js file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH

TheSneak posted:

So right now I'm generating some simple arraylists of just strings (based on a certain set of parameters, doesn't matter). I'm wondering if there was a way to get these lists and put them and save them in some text files.
Not with just Javascript in a browser.

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH
Pagination is generally not done client side and is done server side(in your case, with Java).

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH
A variable declared without the var keyword is global.

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH

Lumpy posted:

Perhaps make your code > 94? It's possible the ajax return happens when it's false on unload, and since false is not the string 95, you get a background change. This is my pre-coffee first guess, so it's probably wrong. I'll look again in an hour when I wake up.

Also thank's for the reminder as to how ugly "plain" ajax code is. I don't miss writing stuff like that at all. /me gives jQuery a hug.
Yeah - I suggest using parseInt first and then if that is successful then do the comparison to your current count.

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH
jQuery:
code:
$(".outbound").click(function()
{
    return confirm("You are leaving ... ");
}
It might be nicer to redirect the user to a intermediate page on your own site (example.com/outbound?url=gogole.com) where you show the message or use some sort of lightbox instead of the confirm dialog.

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH
Date.parse seems to be pretty slow. Does anyone have any well-performing alternative suggestions for parsing RFC 1123 dates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supster
Sep 26, 2003

I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID
TO READ A SIMPLE GRAPH
If the element you are binding the hover event to is a parent of the smaller element then you'll always be hovering the parent element even if it's inside the smaller element.

That said unless the smaller element is 100% contained (visibly on the screen) you should still use the setTimeout trick so that if the mouse goes outside the parent element's visiblity while moving between inner elements you don't lose your the popup.