Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Other Door
Apr 17, 2005

quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are called leafs fans. GO SENS GO
I am trying to create a script that will display a random image from an array of 10, wait 30 minutes and then display another image from this array, and on until every image has been displayed.

By searching "random image slideshow" I find code that will display random images after a specified delay, but the images will always repeat.

Example: The images might show up in the order 3-7-5-1-5-9-3...

I need them not to repeat. Once image 3 has been displayed I want it to move on to the next random image and never show image 3 again. Is this possible?

Also I would like to set up this slideshow on a webpage where everyone will view the same random slideshow live. I don't want everyone seeing a different random slideshow, but rather that no matter what time you check in on the slideshow you will see the same thing another user sees.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other Door
Apr 17, 2005

quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are called leafs fans. GO SENS GO

argz posted:

pop it off the array.

how? I've tried the splice command with no success.

Other Door
Apr 17, 2005

argz posted:

randomize the order of your array, then use pop

http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_pop.asp

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a shot!