Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebulis01
Dec 30, 2003
Technical Support Ninny
Cavepimp, how flexible is that salary range? any chance in the 50-55k range?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004

Rapportus posted:

Welp I got my job at Trion thanks to SA, and so should you! (In fact, you'd be working with many goons!) We're a fresh game publisher start-up with over $100 million in funding. (You may have seen us at E3 this year with our first game, Heroes of Telara, which garnered many "Best Surprise of E3 2009" awards.) This job opportunity is kick-rear end. Every day is an intellectual challenge because you'll be working with some of the most experienced veterans from the gaming industry. (Even if you don't think you qualify, I'd suggest applying because we're looking for talent that can be molded into this role.)

Hey Rapportus, could you throw me an email at akaikami@gmail.com

I also have a few questions regarding Trion for you, if you don't mind :]

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Cavepimp, where should I send my resume? I don't have platinum here and I didn't see a contact.

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006

Cavepimp posted:

username at gmail.

I'll pretend I don't not know you can't not read if we interview you.

Nebulis01 posted:

Cavepimp, how flexible is that salary range? any chance in the 50-55k range?

I'm not going to say it's impossible as I'm not the one that would be deciding such things, but I do believe that's a bit higher than the boss had in mind (at least right now...there's always some room to grow into things around here). Ultimately that would come down to you and the owner hashing it out based on what you bring to the table.

Puck42
Oct 7, 2005

Cizzo posted:

That's awesome. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll do well. Thanks for the tips on the teachers. How was the coursework would you say if you don't mind me asking? Was it actually intriguing?

You got a PM

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
e: n/m

Cavepimp fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 14, 2009

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

I shouldn't trust the phones. They're full of gas.

Cavepimp posted:

Only a couple of you interested? (hey, Midelne, still want to hear back from you)

I'm interested, but spent the weekend weighing whether I was interested enough to move away from family and friends and came up a bit short, sorry. About the most I'd use it for would be to pressure my current job for a raise, and I'm not going to waste your time with that.

Thanks for posting it, though, definitely a nice ray of sunshine to be well-suited for an available job.

Rusty_
Jan 7, 2007

Talk Nerdy To Me!
Looking for a graduate software development job preferably in UK (west yorkshire would be nice) but could be willing to move for the right position (would considder work abroad)

programming: C#, Java
web dev: xhtml, css, javascript, php

required salary: not much im fresh grad so £18k plus would be nice

contact on here, if required can post email etc

Nebulis01
Dec 30, 2003
Technical Support Ninny

Midelne posted:

I'm interested, but spent the weekend weighing whether I was interested enough to move away from family and friends and came up a bit short, sorry. About the most I'd use it for would be to pressure my current job for a raise, and I'm not going to waste your time with that.

same thing basically

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Experience: BS in mechanical/aerospace engineering.
Work experience consists of managing team of field consultants that help users with Internet connectivity issues (job was essentially on-campus network support). 3 years experience as supervisor as well as advanced troubleshooting networking issues, desktop support. Proficient in Windows and Mac operating systems, MS Office, MATLAB, Pro/E, AutoCAD, Routers, switches (Cisco 2948/2950/5000 series). Familiar with C++, C, Unix, Linux, PHP. I'm a ridiculously fast learner when it comes to computers so if there is a concept or program you require I'm willing to learn.

What I'm looking for: Network/Desktop Support, Network technician, Tier II or III tech support

What I'm NOT looking for: Programming, Systems Admin

Where I live: Central New Jersey

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the US but prefer to be closer to NJ (Willing to relocate)

When I can start: Immediately.

Requirements: Salaried job, decent benefits

Can be reached via: Message me on the forums and I can provide you with more information.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
Is anyone here interested in using the LinkedIn thread in Business and Finance?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2865826

I'm not sure if it will help, but...

Wulfeh
Dec 1, 2005

The mmo worth playing: DAoC

Tailored Sauce posted:

Experience: BS in mechanical/aerospace engineering.
Work experience consists of managing team of field consultants that help users with Internet connectivity issues (job was essentially on-campus network support). 3 years experience as supervisor as well as advanced troubleshooting networking issues, desktop support. Proficient in Windows and Mac operating systems, MS Office, MATLAB, Pro/E, AutoCAD, Routers, switches (Cisco 2948/2950/5000 series). Familiar with C++, C, Unix, Linux, PHP. I'm a ridiculously fast learner when it comes to computers so if there is a concept or program you require I'm willing to learn.

What I'm looking for: Network/Desktop Support, Network technician, Tier II or III tech support

What I'm NOT looking for: Programming, Systems Admin

Where I live: Central New Jersey

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the US but prefer to be closer to NJ (Willing to relocate)

When I can start: Immediately.

Requirements: Salaried job, decent benefits

Can be reached via: Message me on the forums and I can provide you with more information.

Sorry but I had to comment, BS in Aerospace/Mechanical and you are looking for a tech support job?

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Wulfeh posted:

Sorry but I had to comment, BS in Aerospace/Mechanical and you are looking for a tech support job?

In this economy I have to be open to other career paths aside from my major, so I'm looking for an engineering or tech-related job. My major was in engineering, but all my work experience is in tech support.

Namgsemterces
Sep 28, 2001

I shouldn't have fucked with the Pagans.
I'm looking for my replacement at my current workplace. I'm actively making calls now to find people, so let me know ASAP if you're interested.

Who we are: Web.com - a web hosting company

Location: Atlanta, GA - Downtown w/ easy access from Marta and plenty of parking lots nearby.

Job description: Web developer - you will help maintain our front end website and checkout process.

Requirements: You should be proficient with C# / ASP.Net, (X)HTML, CSS, JavaScript and you should be comfortable with Photoshop. You don't need to be an artist and won't design any graphics, but you should be able to create HTML/CSS from a .psd and integrate it into an ASP.Net site.

When: RIGHT NOW. I'm leaving this place in 2 weeks and need someone to fill my shoes. If you are interested, you should e-mail me this week at jlazarus at the company name listed above. Like I said above, I'm making calls now to people and I have a small list of resumes already, but nothing that stands out to me.

All-Beef Patricide
Dec 9, 2003
The company I'm working for is going to be laying off 70% of the development team and I've come up short on the job search so I figured I'd try here too! If you have any openings or are interested, please contact me with the info below and I will get my resume out ASAP!

Edit: Forgot to mention - I have a B.S. in Computer Science.

My experience: 5 years software development, primarily in C# and Java, with a bit of C++. Current experience in BizTalk Server 2004/2006/2006R2, WCF, MSBuild, ASP.Net with AJAX, asmx and WCF web services, and a lot of other .NET-related technologies used to support our in-house enterprise integration architecture. Also quite a bit of MSSQL in most of the development work.

Led/mentored dev team on latest major project, and am very familiar and comfortable with classic SDLC and Agile environments and have worked with both. Have also been involved with US Navy subcontracting work so I'm used to, and am capable of, writing massive amounts of documentation for a variety of audiences and (hopefully) developing high-quality, testable code.

Previous experience in Java with a lot of Swing UI development, a bit of J2EE, Spring, Hibernate with Oracle store, JSF, and probably more that I'm forgetting.

What I'm looking for: I'm looking for another development role ideally using .NET technologies. BizTalk work would be great but those types of jobs are few and far between. I don't really have a preference as far as application vs. web development, so long as it's interesting work with good people. I'd probably be open to Java or C++ development depending on the situation, but I am looking to expand my skills on the .NET technology stack.

Where I live: Between Tacoma and Seattle, WA.

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the Seattle/Bellevue/Tacoma area.

When I can start: As soon as possible; 2 weeks if I got hired today, or immediately if I'm laid off.

Requirements: Health insurance or COBRA/private health insurance subsidy is 100% needed for my family right now. Fair salary/wages would be a plus!

Can be reached via: PM me on the forums or email me at mjmurray@gmail.com.

All-Beef Patricide fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 22, 2009

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

A friend of mine just got laid off where I work so if anyone is looking for someone with junior level PHP experience and lab/systems experience (linux preferable) in the Seattle area send me an email at abi@abirendon.com and I'll forward it on to him.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Position has been filled.

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 14, 2009

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Cavepimp posted:

Hoping it's not too late but I sent my stuff over about the tech job on the last page this afternoon.

killerlip
Feb 25, 2006
City sleeping, unaware
Hey guys, me and a friend are working on one part of our business and could use some goon help!

This isn't exactly a job, but if you are looking for an extra 4-500 dollars feel free to follow this link:

http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/1245811619.shtml?hl=community%20events%20page

Essentially, we are creating a community based university events typed website. If you have any experience with development, joomla, or events pages, feel free to take a look. Mention that you are a goon and your SN. I would prefer to continue using scriptlance for this project, so feel free to contact me through there (or PM).

This site is starting with one page; the events component. It will expand from there.

Let me know what you think.

TheFlyingDutchman
May 26, 2005
Skyway wanderer

d3rt posted:

My department is looking for a Snr. server admin - https://corporate-perquest.icims.com/jobs/3994/job

We're a small team but we're a cool bunch (not goony) and the Director of IT is a nice guy.

Downtown Oakland, CA

Could you shoot me an email or message on AIM/MSN? I have some questions about this. Thanks!

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Yeah, me too. "spookymang" or "sentomstevens"

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
Edit: Found employment!

Twlight fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Aug 13, 2009

redphoenix11
May 9, 2007

I'm getting my BS in computer science from Rochester Institute of Technology in two months and I am finishing up my last block of co-op, so I'm job hunting.

My experience: Professionally I have spent 1 year working as an intern at Intel Corporation doing graphics driver development and validation and pre-silicon performance validation of Intel CPUs in development. I have also done tech support and software validation for Boehringher-Ingelheim, which is the world's largest privately owned pharmaceutical company.

I also have 4-5 years doing high-level object-oriented. application development using Java and C/C++ in both Unix-based and Windows environments. I am comfortable with all aspects of Java from Swing to networking classes and I am quite comfortable using Win32 and Direct X 9/10 with C++.

Additionally, I have about 1-2 years using Perl, Ruby, and x86 Assembly. Out of those three, I'm probably most comfortable with Perl.

Edit: I also know how to use Visual Studio, Emacs, Eclipse, ClearCase, SVN, SUSE Linux, Solaris, and regular Unix.

What I'm looking for: A software development job where I am working on higher-level applications. I can do low-level programming and systems programming because of my experiences at Intel but I do not particularly enjoy it. Something where I can have the opportunity develop skills with web programming (i.e. PHP) would be nice since I am weak in that area and would like to improve my skills.

Where I am: Sacramento, CA until the end of August and then the New York metro area after that

Where I'm looking: New York, NY

When I can start: I finish up at Intel in mid-August and will be back in New York and probably ready to work by the beginning of September.

Requirements: Salary that's at least the average for recent grads with computer science degrees and health insurance

Can be reached via: PM me for my e-mail

dealmaster
Dec 24, 2005

Somebody call for an exterminator?
My experience: I have a BS in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Austin and graduated in May of 2007.

From June 2006 - June 2007 I worked as an Associate Engineer at 21st Century Technologies, a small start-up in Austin that does contract work for the Department of Defense. My roles mainly consisted of assisting with coding and testing of the various contracts we won as a company. I helped with building very large data structures that were then searched using our proprietary search technology. This work was done primarily in Java in Windows/Linux environments.

Upon graduating in 2007, I was promoted to Engineer at that job and stayed there until February 2008. At this point I was able to make more design decisions on how to tackle the problems posed in the contracts. I worked with our search technology and also utilized genetic algorithms. I worked on both front-end and back-end code for our solutions. As above, this work was done in Java in the same environments.

In February 2008 I was hired by AIG American General in Houston. I stayed in Austin and worked remotely. My work mainly consisted of debugging and modifying existing code to both fix numeric calculation errors and to improve runtime and memory usage. The codebase was all C and C++. Many of these files were extremely large (well over 10,000 lines of code), so I have a good deal of experience with weeding through huge sections of code to pinpoint a problem. Additionally, I designed and wrote the back-end of the Long Term Care calculation engine in C#. I also worked directly with customers on the Structured Settlements product and made improvements to the calculation engine and the GUI. The environment for all of this coding was Windows.

At this job I also attempted to get a documentation standard adopted by everyone (the amount of code that was completely void of comments was staggering) within the first month of starting there. I did research on my own personal time and recommended to my manager that we use Doxygen. I began to implement this standard in my own work so that at least the code fixes and improvements that I put in would be commented. Although this standard wasn't adopted, I feel that it showed initiative on my part especially as a new employee to try and get a big change for the better rolling.

What I'm looking for: A software engineering job centered around higher level coding. I'd be open and willing to learn more web-related coding such as PHP as my strengths lie in C, C++, Java, and C#. I have a very good background in the fundamentals of computer science so learning a new language is not a massive undertaking, just adapting a new tool to solve a problem.

Where I live: Austin, TX

Where I'm looking: Austin, TX

When I can start: Anytime really

Requirements: Benefits for employee/spouse, competitive salary and challenging/interesting work

Can be reached via: PM me for my email address or resume

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 4, 2010

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
Just an update: we're putting that job opening I listed earlier on hold for now. It may open up again in the near future, but for now I edited it out. Sorry about that guys.

The above listing for the affiliate/reseller programs for the online backup service is definitely still on the table.

One small change: Affiliate program is 15%, resellers are 20%. The difference? Affiliates sign people up and we handle billing all of them. Resellers sign people up, bill the customers themselves, and we bill the reseller for total space used at a 20% discount. Your choice. Either way we'll sign a non-compete if you're an IT service provider.

I haven't seen any emails from anyone here yet, but I have a hard time believing nobody is interested in a program that pays 15-20%. Every other affiliate program I've seen is much lower and it's only a one-time deal. This is recurring monthly income! Email me before we change our minds!

I'm the program manager for this, so you'll be talking to "the guy".

echo465
Jun 3, 2007
I like ice cream
I'm now able to relocate, and willing to work just about anywhere.

My experience: 15 years in positions of increasing difficulty and responsibility. Most recently, in charge of I.T. for a local government, managing a $500k budget and two other techs. Asterisk, Vmware ESX, Citrix Xenserver, iSCSI, SQL Server, 911 technologies, electronic voting, Windows servers and desktops, and probably a lot more. Essentially, everything computerized or electronic that a local government does, I had some part in, from the SAN to the GPS tracking in the police cars.
What I'm looking for: Working with interesting technology and people. VOIP, ESX, Xenserver, iSCSI -- I have a broad background and can be pretty flexible.
What I'm NOT looking for: Endless paperwork, meetings, drama, and red tape.
Where I live: Kokomo, IN.
Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the USA.
When I can start: Now
Requirements: Health insurance.
Can be reached via: PM, my username @gmail.

Honky MoFo
Aug 22, 2000

There are some mother fucking snakes on my mother fucking face!

Cavepimp posted:

Just an update: we're putting that job opening I listed earlier on hold for now. It may open up again in the near future, but for now I edited it out. Sorry about that guys.

The above listing for the affiliate/reseller programs for the online backup service is definitely still on the table.

One small change: Affiliate program is 15%, resellers are 20%. The difference? Affiliates sign people up and we handle billing all of them. Resellers sign people up, bill the customers themselves, and we bill the reseller for total space used at a 20% discount. Your choice. Either way we'll sign a non-compete if you're an IT service provider.

I haven't seen any emails from anyone here yet, but I have a hard time believing nobody is interested in a program that pays 15-20%. Every other affiliate program I've seen is much lower and it's only a one-time deal. This is recurring monthly income! Email me before we change our minds!

I'm the program manager for this, so you'll be talking to "the guy".
I sent you an email. from e_minton @ yahoo

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006

Honky MoFo posted:

I sent you an email. from e_minton @ yahoo

Yeah, did you get my reply? It was sent well before your post. If not I'll try again.

Honky MoFo
Aug 22, 2000

There are some mother fucking snakes on my mother fucking face!
Still nothing. I blame gremlins. You could always just PM me the info. Thanks

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
Just re-sent it through my work email instead of Gmail. Let me know if you still didn't get it and I'll strap it to a donkey or something.

cullan
Jun 17, 2002

Pillbug
/deleted

cullan fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 25, 2013

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

I work for a software company who develops/sells enterprise web apps. We're in downtown Chicago (very close to Union station, so suburbanites can hop the train in), and are looking for the following:

• Junior .Net Developer - Looking for 1-3 years experience, but recent grads are ok too.
  • MS SQL Database Developers - Folks specifically focused on database modeling, design, optimization and tuning. There's two positions open here, jr/sr, depending on experience.
  • Cognos QA engineer - Pretty much what it says, this position is going to be testing a bunch of stuff in our reporting environment, so hopefully you know your Cognos.
  • Systems Engineer - We need someone with a wide range of skills: Windows/IIS/ASP.Net, Linux/UNIX, MS SQL Server, networking equipment, programming experience would all be nice. :)

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions about these and forward on more detailed job descriptions via PM or email. I don't think we currently offer relocation $$$, but I'm not a recruiter.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 6, 2009

Ozzeh
Mar 12, 2004
Hi
removed, thanks

Ozzeh fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jan 4, 2010

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
My experience: 2 1/2 years of CRM (Siebel) Support and Services Operations, including Reporting work, Project work, Rollouts of various levels (including a full worldwide system upgrade), Training development and Delivery, quite a lot of SQL-centric activies. Previously I've also had Finance experience. My degree is in Computer Science. (again, not my full resume - if you want it I'll happily sent it on request)
What I'm looking for: A job working with other IT professionals with potential for advancement (great way to put it) - where I can gain and develop skills while bringing benefit to the employer.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk.
Where I live: Vancouver, BC area (Burnaby, Kits, Downtown, Skytrain accessible areas best)
Where I'm looking: Above
When I can start: ASAP
Requirements: No specific ones
Can be reached via: h@hpka.net - or PM if needsbe

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
My experience: 5.5 years with a small hosted VoIP provider, worked up from helpdesk to currently being the head of IT. Currently supporting ~5000 extensions among ~150 customers using Edgemarc, Cisco, Linksys, and Polycom hardware on a Broadsoft softswitch. Designed and implemented a number of in-house tools for phone configuration management, call detail reporting, and billing using MySQL, PHP, and Python on Linux.
What I'm looking for: Most anything in VoIP or general networking, preferably dealing with Broadsoft or Asterisk.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk
Where I live: Medina, OH (looking to relocate, but willing to stay for the right job)
Where I'm looking: Entire US, though I would require moving expenses if the distance is large.
When I can start: As soon as possible, given proper time to notify my current employer.
Requirements: Health insurance, competitive salary
Can be reached via: PM, sean at seanharlow info

wolrah fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 17, 2011

cdawg329
Apr 10, 2009
Any success stories?

cdawg329 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 9, 2009

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009
e: Old stuff, but might come back to it later!

AutoArgus fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 16, 2012

Puck42
Oct 7, 2005

AutoArgus posted:

Funny thing with jobs in the Omaha area that I've noticed, lots of jobs I meet the requirements for, save for one thing that keeps coming up: current Top Secret Clearance required :(

You could still try applying for it and if they are desperate they may put you in for a clearance.

But it's probably a long shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuckerPunched
Dec 20, 2006

edit - I'm sitting on two job offers as of 8/5 so I'm off the table. Thanks anyway!

SuckerPunched fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 5, 2009