Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asteroceras
Mar 18, 2007

by T. Finn
Crossposted from SA Mart:

Looking for web design expert in London area for innovative project

I have some innovative website design ideas that require some crazy programming skills that I don't have, so I am looking for someone to collaborate with me. I can do research, marketing, graphics, sample data, etc, just no way I could learn all the programming knowledge that some of you guys have sitting there unused.

The ideas have so far been developed as an improved website for a major poker magazine, which the editor liked very much, but that the publisher rejected as the magazine only has two IT personnel so they would have been unable to implement it, but the unique design elements can be adapted for a range of website purposes.

I'm obviously not going to tell everyone here the specifics, I would like to talk them through in person, but here are some general things you must be able to make:

Objects that can be dragged and dropped by website users resulting in database alteration.
Interactive mini-programs (can probably be done in flash).
Possibly creation of user-side program installation.

When developed, the designs can either be sold to other companies or used as templates to base commissioned websites around.

I would prefer someone in London so we can discuss everything in person. I have no capital, so this is something that we will have to work on while doing other things for income, at least until it is ready to be sold.

If you think you may be able to collaborate, please e-mail me at tmpsotw@hotmail.com.
Please make sure you can do at least the three things specified above!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asteroceras
Mar 18, 2007

by T. Finn
brc64, I hope you're getting paid to update the OP regularly, you must do a lot of edits! Well, I have another one for you: please remove the existing link in "Non-US" for me, as I no longer need the job that I previously asked about (well, I do, but it will have to wait).

EDIT: My friend who does a little programming (and who owes me a favor) finally got back to me, so it looks like I won't actually have to hire anyone. Ignore the below \/

What I do now need is for someone to make a reasonably simple portfolio website so that people can view my arts. What I need is a high-compatibility gallery (so no Flash, for example) that you can set up and that I can periodically add to without much programming knowledge on my part, and without me having to buy (or steal) any expensive programs.
There would be a front page where visitors can cycle through images, and a copyright + other info page. I don't need any fancy animations and I can do the site art myself. You can put an unobtrusive link to your own portfolio site at the bottom.
I'm guessing it will take just a few hours at most to both make the site and to write a brief guide for me so I can add images and update text by myself in future, so I suppose around $120 by Paypal for 2-3 hours sounds reasonable to me (tell me if this is unrealistic). I'm going to purchase the domain names that I want when I get home today, but will not buy hosting until I've discussed with the person making the site what the best option is for me.

I will draw my final design for the layout if I get any interest, and once we're agreed that the design is practical and serves my purposes, I will contract the lucky programmer to make it. If I want to change this design after the this time, I will contract you again to make changes. Note: I use Windows, so if I need to use a certain program to update the site, it had better be Windows 7 compatible!

EDIT: Ignore the above ^

asteroceras fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 2, 2011