Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

My Situation: Just been informed that keeping me on salary is too expensive in the present climate since clients are now hanging onto their money like grim death and mucking up our cashflow goddammit.

My Experience: 8 years of working for a tech support company that supported small businesses with networks ranging from 2 workgrouped computers to Windows server-based domains. Focused on all flavours of Windows (mostly Server 2003 and XP Pro ATM) but I can get Macs connected to a network and talking to Exchange Server and such. I don't have any particular speciality; I'd just go out and fix whatever went wrong or whatever was being complained about with brain, Google and manufacturers' helplines. Desktop support too; I'm apparently pretty good about explaining things to users in terms they understand without making them feel like idiots.

What I'm looking for: Pretty much the same would be nice; I like the variety, I like making things work again and I'm good at it.

What I'm NOT looking for: Good question. I need work and I'm not sure how picky I can afford to be, so I'll revise this as I learn.

Where I'm looking: I live in SE London (20 minutes from London Bridge by train) and don't want to sell up and move, so somewhere in commuting range.

Requirements: Again, to be revised as I learn about what's on offer and what I can expect.

Can be reached via: PM or fortean at gmail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Anyone in the UK southeast want me?

My Experience: 10 years as an IT consultant; working for small firms so dealing with pretty much everything that can go wrong with Windows servers, domains, desktops and users, general maintenance and sysadmin. A bit of Mac experience, but nothing more than getting the occasional employee's Mac to talk to a Windows network enough to get email and files.

What I'm looking for: More of the same. I like making computers work properly again, and I'm pretty good at explaining things to users and staying serene when they're rude and/or stupid.

What I'm NOT looking for: Programming, development, managing people.

Where I live: SE London, UK.

Where I'm looking: London, or SE of it within commuting range.

When I can start: September full-time, or any time soon if it's part-time and flexible.

Requirements: Just pay me and I'm easy.

Can be reached via: PM here, or gmail fortean+sa