Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I hate to say this, but you'll probably get a lot better traction out of a gmail address rather than an aol one. At least in my experience, my boss and his boss don't really look at hotmail and aol addresses the same way they do others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Who we are: A Surveillance and Access Control software company.

Where we are: Houston, Tx

Job Title: Developer or Jr. Developer (Sr. Developer position possible but not super likely)

Job Description: Objective C, IOS and OS X development. Xcode knowledge and usage (obviously). If you have any experience with software for video, you have a great shot at getting this job assuming you don't need an outlandish salary.

Skill level: Are you just out of college? Learn it on you own in your free time? No problem! Show us a little skill and you've got a good shot! While we wouldn't reject a qualified candidate, this specific position would also work just as well for a junior developer looking to break into the industry. The position is sort of malleable, depending on the replies we get, it's focused a lot on improving and bug fixing an existing piece of software at this juncture. We have one Apple dev now, and we're looking to grow the team a bit due to our customer base.

Salary: Depends on you. Can discuss more details in private.

PM me if interested in more information.

Or email me at maxjoplin@gmail.com and I'll forward resumes to the appropriate party from my work email address.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Space Whale posted:

What about live.com? I've just used that for work.

Otoh I'm a .NET dev.

Eh. Just get a free gmail account. Why are all you guys using terrible email services?

Live.com is probably fine, but why risk it?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Fair, I'm only just now learning C# so my .NET knowledge is pretty mediocre at best.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

MJP posted:

For the love of God, please apply for this position.

If there was the possibility of remote at that position I know quite a few people who'd throw in. As it is, living in Jersey at 40-50k sounds terrible, especially for a 2nd or 3rd job.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Tbh, I’m not too concerned about someone making almost 200k paying an extra 10k in taxes or whatever.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'm also an instructional designer and if this is an ok thread to post job search stuff in, I'll post my stuff. If not, is there a better one?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Oyster posted:

I came here to post this. I am the team lead for this position, I also got this job through this forum and wanted to give back. Thanks for beating me to it! If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me as well.

What if you live in Houston but aren't interested in having to commute 4 days a week because it's 2024?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Hotel Kpro posted:

I would love a network engineer job, even got the CCNA, but I just job hopped three months ago and 14 months before that and I think it'll look bad if I jump again.

That's pretty funny - a job that looks great if you live anywhere except Houston.