Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

Who we are: Gallup
Where we are: All over the world, but only hiring right now in Madison, WI
Job title: Technical Project Manager

Go to the site for more information. There is a hiring freeze right now so no more Java or Oracle devs will be hired. Those positions may also be available at Omaha, NE.

Requirements: Relocation. See site for job requirements, though.

Benefits: Can't complain. Health, dental, 401k, ability to purchase stock, access to the company's Credit Union with supposedly great interest rates, life insurance, etc. Only thing different than other companies is that there is no sick time or vacation time. You just take off when you need to as long as your team is OK with it. If you're sick, you're sick. They understand.

They also use that performance based salary deal where you can ask for $100K, get paid $80K if you're under performance, get $100K if you meet your goals, and get $120K if you exceed it by a certain amount.

Also: Gallup is known for HR type work -- doing interviewing for other companies by putting candidates through their own rigorous processes, etc. It's exhausting getting in (luckily I was grandfathered via a company merger), but completely worth it.

edit: this is old and I don't work there anymore. Sorry for getting your hopes up, midwest goons. A new post from me might be in the near future about work at a datacenter.

feld fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

brc64 posted:

This is such a foreign concept to me that I'm having trouble believing it's even real. Do you have offices in Dallas? :v:

Honestly, I'm a little surprised (but completely happy!) that we're starting to get more job postings than requests, considering how few and far between job posting threads have been in the past. This is great! Again, please let me know if you find out if any of these positions have been filled so I can remove them from the first post.

Only two offices in Texas and they're both in and just outside Houston, from what I recall. Only one of them has any tech staff at all. A ton of offices have no tech staff and are completely remote; you'd only visit them on a very rare basis. This mainly applies to the ones outside the USA, though.