Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Figure I'll post here and put out some feelers. I feel kind of stuck in a rut in my current job and the local IT market isn't in a good place at the moment. I've honestly been considering moving already as-is, doubly so if it's to any of the big cities in the neighboring states though at this point I'm not super picky.

My experience: 10 years help desk, mostly at tier 2/3, 1 year Jr. Sysadmin. 4+ years managing Cisco phones (including uccx) , Cisco switches / routers / Meraki
What I'm looking for: More sysadmin or helpdesk supervisor. Public sector or nonprofit a big plus.
What I'm NOT looking for: MSP, sales, contract work
Where I live: Wichita, Ks
Where I'm looking: local or remote. Willing to travel up to 33%. Willing to move if relocation assistance is offered
When I can I start: 1 month
Requirements: ideally $70k+ cost of living if relocating. Full time.
To contact me: PMs on the forums or discord - DJ FootFingers#3157

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
How much side eye should I be giving Indeed professional headhunters. I got cold contacted by a guy for a job for a client of his that sounds like it'd be exactly up my alley. Full time sysadmin position in a non-profit medical research space, local so I don't have to relocate. I'm just waiting for the other show to drop on the catch of the whole situation.

I sent a couple of initial feeler questions to figure out if it's like a contract gig or direct hire. Anything else I should be asking prior to initial interview?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Wichita goon posting, with my last job hunt I had a pretty good hit rate on interviews (probably 60% or so) over the course of about 6 weeks, but I was also self selecting myself to stuff I know was in my wheelhouse - Ala between helpdesk lead and associate level sysadmin stuff.

The bigger problem is that there was only about 3-4 positions that were both in that pocket and didn't require DoD clearance level - there's an air force base here and a lot of the work is military IT contractors of various stripes - from Boeing / Raytheon manufacturing to various groups that work directly on-base.

While it's cheap to live here, bear in mind that the pay scale is also super depressed too. I make 70k in my new position (which granted is depressed by both the city AND that I'm now in a non-profit) , and were I in like Denver or Chicago I could easily clear 100k.