Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Dr. Honked posted:

Extremely humane and cool company (who I work for) is hiring senior full stack devs. We are remote first, and have been for several years.

https://twitter.com/BinaryStarCA/status/1486111312975384578

What is a "humane" company?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
You absolutely do not need to go into management

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Walked posted:

really surprised

I'm an Engineering Manager

One of the screening questions we ask is (via zoom, it gets sent in text too):
"Is 146.289.22.155" a valid IP address? Why or why not?

I'd say about 50% get the first half, and maybe 10% can get close to answering (and maybe all the way there with a little probing/small help), and less than 5% actually can answer with some actual depth. These are applicants for senior roles that specifically ask for cloud and networking experience.

you just might be surprised.

this would be a better question with 289 in the first or last octet. i kept looking at it like "im sure this is a stupid trick question" but kept glazing over 289 in the middle, it didnt register in my brain till the other poster said 355, and i dont even have interview nerves (though i suppose toddler fog).