Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!
I work for, simultaneously, a residential PC repair shop and a small MSP with 17 commercial clients and numerous regular break fix clients. Bouncing between type like that sucks, the pay sucks, and I can't find time to pursue new knowledge and certs. This is my first IT job, been doing it for a little under 3 years, and I'm ready to move on to better things.

Experience:

Over 2.5 years working in both residential repair and as a System Admin/Tech for a MSP with 17 clients ranging up to 70+ users. Primarily Windows systems. Work including server config, recovery solutions, some networking setup and configuration, desktop support, hardware troubleshooting, Office 365 admin, AD, and related tasks. Familiar with Connectwise, Continuum, et al.

Know and use Linux daily as an enthusiast, though haven't touched it in an enterprise environment.

What I'm Looking For: Help Desk or Sys Admin as part of an experienced team for, preferably, ONE company.
What I'm NOT looking for: MSP work.
Where I live: Bradenton, Florida
Where I'm Looking: Anywhere within 60ish miles of here, or another state if the opportunity is really really good. I'd do remote as well, but have never worked a fully remote job before, so I'm not sure what that would entail from me.
When can I start: 2-4 weeks after hire. Don't want to burn bridges with this company, and they will be in tough spot when I leave; they only have one other tech, and he only handles the commercial side.
Requirements: Full Time,
Can be reached via: laserdiscdisciple@gmail.com, or PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Anyone need a system admin in the Venice/Sarasota/Bradenton FL area?

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Hey, so anyone have any remote or Florida openings they need filled?

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Tried a foray into working for my city, went exactly how you lot told me it would go. So I'm swallowing my pride and I'm back on my grind:

My experience: 3 years working for a small MSP with enterprise clients while simultaneously handling residential clients.
What I'm looking for: Tier 2 or 3 technician work, MSP work, anyone urgently hiring and paying at least 40K a year.
What I'm NOT looking for: A lead position; I don't think I have the confidence to jump into leading a project or team at this point, to be honest.
Where I live: Bradenton, Florida
When I can I start: Right motherfucking now.
Requirements: Remote, Hybrid or local in my area is cool by me, I just need to get this ball rolling.
Can be reached: PM, email. But, you know, I guess PM me for my email.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Got hired, reentered the MSP mines for now in order to avoid too big a gap in income. Had a skills test last week in a VM, then today interviewed, got an offer (not crazy money, just 45k, but most I've gotten paid) and started working. Company is apparently expanding from Michigan to Florida. All I know is, time to get back on the education train.