Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009
My experience: 2 years Software Developer on DevOps team. Specifically working with Python, AWS, CICD
What I'm looking for: IT based role with opportunity to learn
What I'm NOT looking for: A management/leadership position
Where I live: Austin, TX
Where I'm looking: Remote / Austin area (Hybrid)
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Full time, 60-65k+ yearly salary, Remote (Ideally)
Can be reached via: Email: Randy.Williams@live.com

Posting for a very good friend of mine who was let go without any kind of notice right as life kind of jumped up to bite him. I won't go into the whole insanity behind the company he was working for (I ran their IT department for a few years prior and left), but I'm pretty sure it's not commonplace to thank someone for their work, ask them to start a new project, then immediately turn around and fire them by email (and then lock their account so they can't read it lol).

If anyone has any Junior-level positions opening up, I'd really appreciate you reaching out to him. We - and the people I know at the company he was just at - are totally baffled by the whole thing, and he really needs the work right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009

tehinternet posted:

$60-65k is a pittance for software dev work, especially near Austin, no? That just hurts my heart to see, some of our tier one guys make near that with OT.

Best of luck to your friend. Wish I had something for him.

He just moved out that way, and the last few jobs he's had in the industry haven't been great for his confidence. I'm hoping he can land a job where his employers aren't total dipshits for a change. I've been working with him to get some certs, but this whole thing happened so fast he got whiplash.