Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009
e: Old stuff, but might come back to it later!

AutoArgus fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009

belle of my ballz posted:

Im not sure the Canadian legal system is as sue happy, by the looks of it now we're courting mostly white male developers which should make you neckbeards happy.

Its not -what- your hiring that matters, its the fact that you're putting so much effort into specificly caring what you're hiring. And its not just us neckbeards: Go publish a help wanted ad in the paper saying you're looking for a gay web developer. Or a white web developer. The responses will be about the same.

Now, anyone -else- have job openings? I'd love to hear about those some more.

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009

sanchez posted:

Christ, put a 1 in front of those numbers or something.

You dont want to demand crazy pay but thats competing with actual janitors at 9 bucks an hour. Tell the companies you're going for that you're worth good money and you're more likely to get it. Tell them you're only worth a few bucks and they might not even want you.

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009

slightpirate posted:

I'm looking at relocating from Topeka to Bellevue / Omaha

Sent you a PM with some off the top of my head info. There's a few other places coming to mind so if you're interested ill pm those too!

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009
E: :ninja:

AutoArgus fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 29, 2012

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009
If you've still got any level of security clearance make sure you maintain that, its drat near money in the bank with government contractors. Certified, educated, and cleared for TS? You should be able to combine those nicely. Raytheon for instance has offices all over and is constantly looking for entry level and above developers with clearance.

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009

Tab8715 posted:

On second thought, I'm betting "Hybrid Exchange" is something desired and in which case that's some serious heavy lifting.

Or I really undercut myself at my last position. :smith:

Yep, Hybrid Exchange + ADFS + AD Connect and you're talking those ranges. Upper range easily when you start talking multiforest uplifts, 3rd party auth, divestitures/mergers in the mix. Certainly a good market to stay busy in but Microsoft is changing the way they contribute to the professional services vouchers side of the mix, so theres some flux in the market. If you can learn it though its absolutely :10bux: :pcgaming: :10bux:

There are absolutely some places that are willing to pay up there without the hybrid piece too though, just need to be able to speak to the full suite (SfB Online, Sharepoint, etc) more at that rate.

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009

Tab8715 posted:

What do you mean by the way Microsoft is changing services? Are they bringing more of the consulting piece in-house?

I'm able to do basic O365 but I'm becoming well-versed in the whole ADFS/AzureAD/Dirsync bits but I've got at least a year left on my current contract.

I'm not the most informed on all the details, but it used to be that depending on the number of seats in the migration, Microsoft would front a certain amount of money for hiring consultant services. They've got an in-house/contracted on-boarding center now however that has been taking on more of the groundwork for getting people living in O365, rather than paying out. There's a fair amount of things that they explicitly won't do (public folders as an example), what they're willing to provide funds for, but theyve changed that in the past, so its a bit murky what their next plans are in that arena.

That being said, it's still a good skillset to be had, consulting or not. Put the word 'cloud' on anything and you've got long-time CIOs getting scared and confused pretty frequently. I've had some clients go so far as to hire dedicated 'Cloud Ops Managers' to be their go-to what-the-hell-are-we-doing-with-clouds 9-5 guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Hey guys Microsoft is opening up the 365 Concierge program again. It's a remote work from home set up helping people get set up with and supporting 365 users. Anyone interested PM me. I can give all the details and let you know if you might like it. Job pays pretty well unless you are in NYC or San Fran.

Edit: let me add some requirements here. You need to have hands on experience with the following things
DNS
Active Directory
Exchange
Office 365 Migrations
Office 365 Administration

You don't need certs youmjust need to have worked with them before and be able to show it on a resume.

Just pure curiosity, is this the fasttrack onboarding crew? I've always been curious what the makeup/treatment of those guys is like.