Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I got laid off a couple weeks ago from the best job I ever had, except for the part where it was in the mortgage industry and they cut more folks from IT when the housing market went from bad to worse.

My Experience: 16 years in IT with experience on basically every level; I’ve been on the help desk, I’ve done some networking, I’ve been a systems administrator, and I’ve been a manager of both a help desk team and an entire IT department. My hands-on experience is in Windows administration, SaaS/on-prem software administration, and VoIP (at this point I’ve worked with Switchvox, RingCentral, and Zoom Phone).

I’ve found that I’m particularly good at taking ownership of software implementations (both SaaS and on-prem) as the primary admin and SME. I’m also great at writing documentation, knowledge base articles, or any email you might need to send out to the end user population-at-large. I’ve also written IT policy documents, including a whole-rear end Help Desk SLA that my manager took to his next gig when he left that company.

What I’m Looking For: SaaS administration and/or sysadmin work would be best, but I'm open to just about anything that would leverage my skills. I work best in a team that gets along well and are supportive of one another. Above all else, I’m looking for something that’s fully (or at least mostly) remote with a good work/life balance.

What I’m NOT Looking For: No help desk (I’m fine advising the techs if they need it, though), no being a one-man IT department, and preferably no on-call (or at least not constant on-call).

Where I Live: Portland, OR

When I Can Start: Immediately

Requirements: Full/primarily remote, a competitive salary, and good benefits.

Can be Reached: via PM

Fortis fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU