Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
My experience: A couple years of tier 2/3 help desk for the Army, plus a decade of working with electronics in a mostly unrelated field
What I'm looking for: I’m not picky, I could do help desk again, I’ve got a CCNA and should be finishing up a degree in network operations so I’ve been looking into networking, currently studying for AWS sysops so cloud stuff is possible too.
What I'm NOT looking for: Cybersecurity
Where I live: Northern Colorado
Where I'm looking: Anywhere from Denver to Cheyenne, or remote
When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer
Requirements: Health insurance, 70k min
Can be reached via: PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

ilkhan posted:

Post what ya got. I'm trying to relocate to CO, location anywhere from Foco down to CO springs but could go west some easily. Same general experience and wants.

I can DM some stuff, though it would be with a large hospital group

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Organic Lube User posted:

Whereabouts in the mountains? Is it a hospital group that recently split? If so, is it the Catholic side or nah?

Yeah you got it, I'm with the Catholic side although I think most of the IT jobs are Denver metro/remote. I'm currently covering four hospitals but my position is some weird amalgamation of IT and biomed.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Moey posted:

I'll PM you links/details, don't want to drop a url on here.

It's local government, they ideally want people near the Summit county area. Two positions open, help desk and network admin. Pay is fine, benefits great.

St. Anthony's in Frisco?

St Anthony's Lakewood, St Anthony North, St Elizabeth, and Longmont.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Organic Lube User posted:

I didn't just fix a laptop for you a couple days ago did I? I was just out in Longmont.
They got a nice museum in that hospital :psyduck:

Anyway, even knowing that healthcare IT is one of the circles of Hell, I'm interested if there are computer toucher positions open in any of those locations.

That may have been with our local IT guy Mike. I've been showing up there every day for a few weeks now but haven't talked to him much and don't know how often local positions like that open up. Most of what's open in Colorado is remote or some kind of remote with paid travel to the various hospitals that you may be covering.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Hopefully you get something. I know things have been rough for IT lately

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I would love a network engineer job, even got the CCNA, but I just job hopped three months ago and 14 months before that and I think it'll look bad if I jump again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I moved to Colorado in summer of 2022 and immediately started looking for an IT job since I found myself back doing calibrating BS. I had just under two years of help desk experience and while I got a few interviews and one lowball offer, it still took 14 months before I got another IT gig. I probably spent 30 minutes to an hour a night looking through job postings and applying to only a handful a day. I was willing to drive up to 75 miles one way and take a bit of a paycut if it meant I wouldn't have to deal with old HP power supplies and a janky resistance lag bath setup