Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Company got bought, been there 10 years and wow the job market has changed for the worse in nearly every way. Any tips for a 40-something IT manager? i'm a bit baffled as to where to go from here as Linkedin is a cesspool and Indeed doesn't understand the words you put in search

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Mantle posted:

I think you should better understand what you want out of your next role. Are you looking for an anyjob? Then you probably want to go for a high volume, high rejection strategy.

Or maybe you want to take this opportunity to refocus your direction and specialize? Then focus your energy on creating a specific narrative for a role and apply ONLY for those jobs that are a good fit.

e: taking the discussion to a different thread might be more appropriate: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3607482

i knew there was a thread lol. thanks!