Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Anyone ITT got leads on entry level helpdesk in Seattle, WA (or remote)

I've got my A+, the Google support certificate off of Coursera, and a goon's skill with computers but better than a goons' social skills. Please let me know here or in PMs. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
My experience: Two years doing help desk, with a side of higher level work implementing Intune and leading a migration into a hybrid Entra/AD system, software deployment, and a lot of process improvement and documentation.
What I'm looking for: Helpdesk or senior help desk, bonus for opportunities to skill up into sysadmin or cloud work in the future.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk, anything less than 60k.
Where I live: Seattle, WA
Where I'm looking: Remote, Seattle, WA and anything nearby that has decent public transit access.
When I can start: two weeks after signing
Requirements: Health insurance, full time.
Can be reached via: PM, gznafvz+wbof@tznvy.pbz (ROT-13)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Mantle posted:

Totally random but I've been keeping my eye on Framework because I'd love to work there and they're looking for someone like you.

https://jobs.lever.co/framework/5ae8847b-01e6-4752-b746-1f072d627776

It would be awesome to have a goon on the inside. Good luck with search.

I might just apply to this, hope you aren't offended Branch

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Chevy Slyme posted:

Not Tokin, but also applied when I saw that listing. I did not get this email! Fingers crossed.

I haven't heard anything back yet, so I'm assuming my application might have gotten screened out early in the process. :(

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

*laughs sadly in helpdesk*

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Does anyone know *why* things are so bad and when they might get better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The difference is the 9 months probably. I'm in a worse spot than average since I'm a) helpdesk and b) only have 2 years on my resume, but I got two interviews out of hundreds of applications in the past 6 months, and that's for other helpdesk jobs - which sucks, since I've been consciously skilling myself for more MDM and Entra Admin skills for a while but haven't had nary a nibble despite having a pretty good spread of skills.