Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
My experience: Decade of various desktop support, system administration, network admin, and light cloud work. Almost done with the AWS cloud compute degree at WGU and will have a couple more AWS certs.
What I'm looking for: Any sort of AWS admin or operations work
What I'm not looking for: Customer or end user support poo poo
Where I'm looking: USA Remote only
When can I start: 2 weeks from offer
Requirements: $110k+, work/life balance is a must
Can be reached: Private message

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

Blurb3947 posted:

My experience: Decade of various desktop support, system administration, network admin, and light cloud work. Almost done with the AWS cloud compute degree at WGU and will have a couple more AWS certs.
What I'm looking for: Any sort of AWS admin or operations work
What I'm not looking for: Customer or end user support poo poo
Where I'm looking: USA Remote only
When can I start: 2 weeks from offer
Requirements: $110k+, work/life balance is a must
Can be reached: Private message

Quoting as I recently was laid off so I'm looking for almost anything right now. Have my Comptia trifecta and Cloud+, AWS CCP, Linux essentials and have experience with Windows Server poo poo.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

Justin Credible posted:

Also I'll let you know of my experience getting specifically an AWS Cloud Architect Associate cert - it's meant nothing this year in terms of being able to get work with it. Similar to you, IT experience doing all kinds of admin/setup stuff but it was years ago. Just keep it in mind that to break into the cloud sphere you basically need to be set up with a company, have them like you to the point where you're allowed to touch cloud stuff and get the experience you need to be hired for it when like job hunting or whatever.

This has been my experience too. Almost a decade of mostly desktop/sysadmin work, some minor work with basic AWS services, the CCP and AAS certs (plus a bunch of comptia ones) and I still am having trouble getting interviews for even entry level sysadmin work. I'm at probably ~600 applications sent out and still getting next to no response, have had a handful of interviews but nothing.

I feel that the industry is really reeling back from what it was just a year or two ago.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
I've got a lot of desktop support experience, some cloud and comptia certs but little networking exp. I'm guessing you'd want someone with some formal networking experience eh?