Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadBrewsta
Mar 11, 2002

"The State of Iowa: let us exceed your already low expectations."

-Raygun T-Shirt
My experience: 8+ months internship experience with a major grocery chain's corporate IT. Travelled all over the midwest during the summer, performing workstation installations, Windows Server and Exchange Server updates, worked with Active Directory, did software updates on Windows Mobile devices, and installed new Dell and Motorola switches. Also dealt with all the headaches/problems that came with it... all while being hundreds of miles away from the corporate office.

When school resumed, I was invited to continue working with the company remotely by doing help desk support for new inventory software rollout. I stayed on with the company through the winter break, where I again travelled to stores and performed further software updates.

During the school year, I work for the university's computer center and work with departments, faculty, staff, and students on recommending computer systems to meet their needs from either Dell or Apple. This is my fourth semester at my current job. We refer most support requests to the support center, but try to assist customers with computer problems whenever possible.

I graduate in May 2009 with a B.S. in Management Information Systems from Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa -- the birthplace of the digital computer.

What I'm looking for: An entry-level IT position somewhere in the midwest dealing with IT infrastructure... systems administrator would be an appealing position. I'm really interested in getting my foot in the door and going from there.

What I'm NOT looking for: Writing hard-core code. If I had wanted to write code for a living, I would've majored in Computer Science. I have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles and the systems development life cycle, but my expertise is not with in-depth programming.

Where I live: Ames, IA... near Des Moines, IA.

Where I'm looking: I'm willing to relocate anywhere in the midwest... Minneapolis, Des Moines, Omaha, Kansas City, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities... etc.

When I can start: Right after graduation. I graduate with my degree on May 9th, 2009. So the soonest I could start would probably be between May 11th and May 18th, 2009, depending on where the job is located.

Requirements: Benefits (insurance, etc.) are a must. Of course, reasonable pay would be considered important too.

Can be reached via: I'd prefer email: adambrewer@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU