Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

My experience: 2 years of professional software development, used C++, C, Perl. Mainly C++ in conjunction with Boost, OpenGL, and Qt. BS in computer science, and minor in math.
What I'm looking for: To work with a team with strong software design skills, great development practices. A place where I can learn from great developers. I do not care about the particulars of language choice or technology as long as the team is committed to writing great software.
What I'm NOT looking for: A workplace that treats developers like replaceable cogs.
Where I live: Dallas, TX
Where I'm looking: Dallas, TX area
When I can start: 2 weeks after I give my current employer notice.
Requirements: Health insurance, 401k, more than 2 weeks vacation.
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, me at clifhouck.com

Resume can be found at: http://clifhouck.com/files/ClifHouckResume.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

royallthefourth posted:

If you talked to the company president and he's not a loving idiot, take the job! I'm sure there's loads of people reading your post who would like nothing more than to work in a company that's not run by a stuffed suit.

A thousand loving times this.

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

Gangsta Lean posted:

I know you also said "a related field", but a computer science degree for this? Or Masters in something? Come on.

Algorithmic complexity plays a big role in helping that professor figure out how to operate the projector in his classroom!

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

Necronomicon posted:

I just put this in the spreadsheet, but here it is in the thread as well:

Job Posting - Boston, MA - Sr. DevOps Engineer

My employer needs to fill out our dev ops team with some senior employees. Our preferred candidate has in depth experience with Docker and Kubernetes, as well as scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, JS, etc). You will be primarily focused on automation within the cloud. We mostly work in Google Cloud Platform but are also branching out into AWS, depending on client needs. You'll need solid fundamentals in CentOS/RHEL 7+, but anything Debian/Ubuntu can be a good starting point.

Perks, you ask? We have: Unlimited vacation policy, excellent benefits, 401k, fridge full of beer, and a baller-rear end office easily accessible by both MBTA and commuter rail. We're also a Google Cloud partner, so if you don't have GCP certs but want them, that can basically be comped for you.

If you're interested, check out our job posting at https://www.cambridgesemantics.com/devops-engineer or send me your resume at ian at cambridgesemantics dot com.

Do you allow remote?