Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

brc64 posted:

Woohoo, Job Fair has gone international! And wow, 7 job postings already, awesome!

Might as well toss another UK job opening in!

Who are we?
We're Codestuff LTD, a small, young IP Video software company (CCTV/Security focused). We develop everything on the software side of IP video, ranging from viewing applications to transcoders and video analytics. We do custom work for some of the big players on the market, and are right now rolling out our own suite of solutions for direct sale.

Where are we?
Our office is in the central belt of Scotland, midway between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

What are we looking for?
Right now we're looking for software engineers with experience in anything Object-Oriented. We work in C#/.NET and C++, and our software base is heavily OO. It doesn't really matter if you've any experience in C# (or c++, for that matter) as long as you're able to pick it up on the fly and actually have a good grasp of the underlying concepts. Experience with Video is a big plus, as is experience with building GUIs and/or network stuff.

We've got more work coming in than we've engineers to actually do it, so you are quite free to choose an area that interests you to specialize towards, or stay/become an all-rounder. If you expect strict guidance and rigorous job-description, we're probably not for you.

In the coming months we'll need people for customer support and dedicated testing engineers, but not yet - if this thread's still going by then I'll certainly post an update.

Why work for us?
We're a nice small start-up company, heavily skewed towards actual development (3/4 of the employees (and two of the directors) are developers, there's an actual productive relationship with the sales people). Hours are flexible, and so is your role - typical start-up fare, essentially. The good thing is that we're a few years old (more than five now), are actually pretty stable income-wise, and are set to grow rapidly over the coming year.

Back in August I moved from The Netherlands to Scotland to come work here, so I might be a bit biased, but if you like working for small companies this is basically heaven - freedom to do anything, really innovative products (we won numerous awards for them) and a great team and atmosphere (plus good lunches and boozy nights out), but there's actual money coming in and we're wholy emplyee-owned (no VC sress, yay).

Sounds awesome, I want to apply!
PM me or post in this thread. I'll add some more detail if you want, or send you some samples of what we're working on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU