Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

My experience : bit of a factotum with various types of jobs, many of them in a technical nature or requiring similar skills, though only last worked actual IT 20 years ago
What I'm looking for : Cloud Architecture, specifically with AWS. Recently got the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate. Ideally looking to get in with either an AWS MSP or a startup that isn't going to need to go too bonkers in terms of cloud infrastructure requirements, and grow my skills from there.
What I'm not looking for : Non-cloud architecture stuff. At least needs to intersect in some way with it.
Where I live : Northwest WA state
Where I'm looking : Remote only
When can I start : Very quickly/immediately
Requirements : Full time, decent to good bennies, 80-90k+/start
Can be reached : SA forums PM

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Also I'll let you know of my experience getting specifically an AWS Cloud Architect Associate cert - it's meant nothing this year in terms of being able to get work with it. Similar to you, IT experience doing all kinds of admin/setup stuff but it was years ago. Just keep it in mind that to break into the cloud sphere you basically need to be set up with a company, have them like you to the point where you're allowed to touch cloud stuff and get the experience you need to be hired for it when like job hunting or whatever.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

This has also been posted on LinkedIn/publicly as a job, but I can get your resume, etc directly to the CIO. As a forward, the company I work for is under this job posting company's umbrella - I don't have visibility into how they handle things on their level.

Their company culture seems good, and my particular company culture is awesome and I've only had positive interactions with the parent company. They are doing interviews at the end of the week, maybe beyond. Number of candidates already from what I understand.

I tried to get a pay range, but the response I got was it's DOE, skills, certs, etc.

Where: Lehi, UT

Schedule: Hybrid, 3 days on-site/week

Pay: Unknown to me, see above

What: IT Support/Manager - General M365 office support, supporting hardware stuff, laptops, mixed OS environ, etc. The posting has a lot of focus on cybersecurity of various types.

They are looking for someone with a BS typical of the field, and experience focused on O365 and cybersecurity. Certs a plus. I'd treat those reqs as you would any job posting.

PM me or js10credible gee mail

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 1, 2024