Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
Job found.

aksuur fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
Looking for a job:

My experience: Been in the IT industry for over 9 years. Worked my way through break/fix and helpdesk and spent the last four or so years primarily as a Network Engineer with some systems experience as well. I've been personally responsible for design, implementation, troubleshooting, and configuring a wide variety of enterprise IT software and hardware. I have an expired CCNA and a current MCITP:EA for Server 2008. Real world experience with most MS platforms including 2012 R2, some linux.

What I'm looking for: Preferably another Network Engineer position, but open to most engineering roles and possibly an administrator role if it involves engineering.

What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk, entry level support

Where I live: St. Paul, MN

Where I'm looking: Most places in the Twin Cities metro.

When I can start: ASAP.

Requirements: Full-time positions with benefits.

Can be reached via: thread, PM

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
Job Seeker

My experience: I've spent the last two and a half years at one of the nation's largest pharmacy benefits management companies as a Senior Network Engineer, responsible as a firewall SME and leading a major migration project from conception to completion. Been in IT for a little over a decade, working my way up from field ops and help desk.

What I'm looking for: A networking and/or perimeter security focused engineering role for a mid to large sized business. Low latency seems interesting if there's an opening for someone with no experience in it.

What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk or sysadmin. My niche is networking, but I'm willing to dip my toes into security.

Where I live: Minneapolis, MN.

Where I'm looking: Minneapolis is my first choice, but I am open to certain areas of Texas, Philadelphia, Colorado, or anywhere warm and friendly. If not Minneapolis, I'd have to work remote for about a year though unless I can find a subletter for my apartment.

When I can start: Two weeks from an offer.

Requirements: Good compensation, but negotiable.

Can be reached via: PM is best.

aksuur fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 6, 2020

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
Someone please tell me how to get a job in Antarctica. Networking is my thing but I can do systems also.

Or if anyone needs a network engineer in the Minneapolis area, lemme know.

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
---

aksuur fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 8, 2024