Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I've been at my job for a bit now, and I'd like to see what else is around, so here goes. I've helped 4 or 5 goons get a job on this here thread, so maybe it's my turn. I have a wide range of technical experience, but I've tried to ship from delivery/operations to a TAM or architect role. I'm a TAM right now, I enjoy it, but I want to see if there's any better roles around:

My experience:
  • 15 years Linux systems adminstration
  • 7 years DevOps, cloud operations,
  • 5 years pre-sales architect/solutions architect/TAM
  • Extension automation and scripting experience (Ansible, Python, Terraform)
  • Professional level AWS certification
  • Comfortable with authentication (SSO, SAML)
  • Communication and encryption protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, TLS, SSL, SIP, etc)

What I'm looking for: TAM, pre-sales engineer, solutions architect for a technology company. I'd be interested in a delivery or operations role if the money was good.
What I'm NOT looking for: eh, I'm open to anything really.
Where I live: Northern NJ, close enough to commute into NYC
Where I'm looking: NYC or remote
When I can start: I can give notice whenever
Requirements: Health insurance, full time, 401k, ideally some stock options, bonuses, mid-senior level position
Can be reached via: PM, ericcorp@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jiro posted:

Quoting myself in hopes of finding something, still been looking since Mid January, end of February was when the gig ended. This poo poo sucks it's really hard to not be disheartened.

Pm sent

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Heyo, if you applied for anything through my ref link and your name starts with N please reach out to me, ericcorp@gmail.com.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Thanks Ants posted:

Being evil and picking 192.168.1.255 as your default gateway and hiding the subnet mask in a really small label on a network diagram

I had a router that rejected any IP with .255 as the last octet even with a subnet of 255.255.0.0 or whatever. I think the field validation just looked for .255 in the last field and that was all it did.