Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

JOB POSTING

Who are we looking for?
Lots of different people. The positions we're currently looking for are: Research / Senior Research Engineer, DevOps Engineer, UI/UX Designer, Software Solutions Engineer, Javascript Application Engineer, and Java Engineer. Highest priority seems to be finding whiz-bang Java people right now.

Who are we?
We're a software company whose flagship product converts stupidly huge amounts of data from things like relational databases into semantic web-ready graph databases. We've been around since 2008, and business is picking up extremely quickly over the last year or two.

Where are we?
Boston, MA.

Job responsibilities?
Can't really say, considering how many different positions we're hiring for. You'll either fall in with the engineering, dev ops, or solutions (client-facing) teams.

When?
Immediately. We're hiring pretty aggressively right now.

Skills?
Various - for the Java engineer position, for example:
Server-side Java application development experience
Experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce, and Scala
Semantic web technologies will give you an edge (RDF, OWL, SPARQL)

Benefits include:
Unlimited vacation (no, seriously). Medical / vision / dental, flex account, stock options. Beer in the fridge, pool table, comfy couches, etc.

Contact?
No pm - send a note and a resume my way at ian at cambridgesemantics dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

I just put this in the spreadsheet, but here it is in the thread as well:

Job Posting - Boston, MA - Sr. DevOps Engineer

My employer needs to fill out our dev ops team with some senior employees. Our preferred candidate has in depth experience with Docker and Kubernetes, as well as scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, JS, etc). You will be primarily focused on automation within the cloud. We mostly work in Google Cloud Platform but are also branching out into AWS, depending on client needs. You'll need solid fundamentals in CentOS/RHEL 7+, but anything Debian/Ubuntu can be a good starting point.

Perks, you ask? We have: Unlimited vacation policy, excellent benefits, 401k, fridge full of beer, and a baller-rear end office easily accessible by both MBTA and commuter rail. We're also a Google Cloud partner, so if you don't have GCP certs but want them, that can basically be comped for you.

If you're interested, check out our job posting at https://www.cambridgesemantics.com/devops-engineer or send me your resume at ian at cambridgesemantics dot com.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

cliffy posted:

Do you allow remote?

For this particular job posting, unfortunately no.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Job(s) available

Who we are: A software startup in the machine learning / AI / natural language processing space. The company started off in the MIT Media Lab and ended up monetizing from there.

Where we are: Our office is seconds off of the Central T stop in Cambridge, MA.

What we're looking for: A lot of stuff! The list includes marketing field manager, account executive, product marketing, HR/office manager, and others. For the tech stuff though, we need people who can work with Python. We need one senior software engineer, a few junior software engineers, and we're also looking to fill out the DevOps team (which is where I work).

We're a Mac / Linux (Ubuntu) shop entirely, no Windows machines anywhere. We have a hybrid onsite / AWS cloud infrastructure, mainly orchestrated via Puppet / Docker / Jenkins. Considering the small size of the company we have a surprisingly fleshed-out architecture, so DevOps people aren't going to get thrown to the sharks or anything.

What we're not looking for: Toxic cavemen. The company culture is decidedly progressive. Also I've had bad experiences in the past with developers who can't get along with others.

Benefits: Pretty dang good! Health/vision/dental, 50% discount for transit or parking, stock options available after 1 year, free lunch every two weeks or so during company update meetings. We can match up to 4% of your 401k contribution as well. Unlimited vacation is pretty sweet too (although they seemed to emphasize that the "rule of thumb" was three weeks).

If you're interested, PM me or email me a resume at imcuster at gmail dot com.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Job Seeker

My experience: ~2 years of help desk grunt work, 3 years as a sysadmin in a cloud-centric environment (GCP, for the most part), and now a DevOps engineer for the last year and 8 months. Currently focusing on Terraform, but I have experience with Docker, Puppet, Jenkins, and a brief foray into Kubernetes. I work pretty much exclusively in Linux.

What I'm looking for: Full time position as a DevOps engineer.

What I'm not looking for: Office IT work. I never want to touch a loving PBX system again. Also, anything involving Windows (although that's not a dealbreaker, necessarily)

Where I live: Boston, MA (well, Haverhill, but I'll be taking the commuter rail down into the city)

Where I'm looking: Boston, or Haverhill. I don't have a car.
When can I start: ASAP

Requirements: Full-time, benefits.

Contact: PM, email me at imcuster at gmail, or connect w/ me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/iancuster/

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

My current position involves an incredible amount of work dealing with the principal software engineer's insistence on reinventing the wheel at every possible opportunity and it's finally starting to get to me. I'm putting out feelers now; hopefully to land some interviews during the second half of parental leave I have coming up. I'm a DevOps engineer with a focus on Terraform.

My experience:

8 years Linux "sysadmin" type work with the big three cloud providers, 90% on AWS. I also have on-prem experience.
5 years more focused DevOps work - configuration management (Puppet, Ansible), CI/CD (Travis CI, GitHub Actions), main focus on IAC w/ Terraform

What I'm looking for: Another DevOps role, really. Preferably on a team, not as the sole DevOps hire.
What I'm NOT looking for: Anything involving billable hours. I used to work for an MSP and I hated it.
Where I live: Western MA, close enough to commute to Springfield, MA.
Where I'm looking: 100% remote. Hopefully on East Coast hours but I'm not gonna be super picky.
When I can start: Ideally in early September after a chunk of parental leave is over.
Requirements: Health insurance, 401k. Bonuses would be nice. I don't really care about stock options if it's a startup.
Can be reached via: PM, imcuster@gmail.com

Necronomicon fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Lost my job last week; now that I've climbed out of the moping-and-bourbon hole, I'm hitting up all the job threads I can find.

What I’m Looking For:
DevOps work, 100% remote, preferably with little to no on-call component (but that can be a tall ask).

My Experience:
5.5 years as a DevOps engineer, 9 total in the industry (help desk then sysadmin before starting in devops)

I specialize in AWS and have extensive Terraform experience (and a certification). I've worked with several kinds of CI/CD systems, I've stood up and maintained Kubernetes clusters in EKS, as well as the managed service equivalent, ECS. I have experience with most of the big AWS managed services, including RDS, Elasticache, Lambda, IAM, Route 53, and etc. I also have enough background to understand that all of this is just stuff running on Linux when you peel away all the abstraction layers. Plenty of experience writing bash scripts, used to dabble in Python, and now picking up Go.

Where I Live:
Northampton, MA. Just north of Springfield, 2 hours west of Boston.

When I Can Start:
Immediately.

Requirements:
Remote, but willing to travel every now and then if necessary.

Can be Reached:
via PM, or imcuster at gmail