Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Cavepimp posted:

Hoping it's not too late but I sent my stuff over about the tech job on the last page this afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Who are we?
Southern Oregon University

Where are we?
Ashland, OR

What are we looking for?
Someone that can use task management skills to handle all the things that get thrown at you. You'll use SQL and Python, at the very least. Knowing SQL is pretty essential. You don't need to be an expert, just be able to write select statements which can sometimes be complex. If you don't know Python but know other languages and can learn new ones, that's fine.

You get to admin the parking db, setup the rules within the system for tuition and fees to they're applied automatically and correctly, minor IT support within the department when things break. There's an IT dept, so you'd work with them on larger issues.

Need to have customer service skills since you will talk with people at time.

That's it in a nutshell. It's a mix of IT support and also non-IT procedural type stuff, so someone that's a hardcore IT guy might not like the mix. On the other hand, if you don't have the basic IT skills, we can't really bring you up to speed fast enough.

If anyone is interested, apply ASAP.

How do I apply?
https://jobs.sou.edu/

If you apply, let me know by PM or email(my username at gmail.com), so I know to look out for you if you make it to the interview stage.

Anything else I should know?
No relocation pay. No on-call duty. Contact me with any other questions.

chemosh6969 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 21, 2011

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

chemosh6969 posted:

Who are we?
Southern Oregon University

Where are we?
Ashland, OR

What are we looking for?
Someone that can use task management skills to handle all the things that get thrown at you. You'll use SQL and Python, at the very least. Knowing SQL is pretty essential. You don't need to be an expert, just be able to write select statements which can sometimes be complex. If you don't know Python but know other languages and can learn new ones, that's fine.

You get to admin the parking db, setup the rules within the system for tuition and fees to they're applied automatically and correctly, minor IT support within the department when things break. There's an IT dept, so you'd work with them on larger issues.

Need to have customer service skills since you will talk with people at time.

That's it in a nutshell. It's a mix of IT support and also non-IT procedural type stuff, so someone that's a hardcore IT guy might not like the mix. On the other hand, if you don't have the basic IT skills, we can't really bring you up to speed fast enough.

If anyone is interested, apply ASAP.

How do I apply?
https://jobs.sou.edu/

If you apply, let me know by PM or email(my username at gmail.com), so I know to look out for you if you make it to the interview stage.

Anything else I should know?
No relocation pay. No on-call duty. Contact me with any other questions.

Bump for this. The job posting is down but they're still looking. It sounds like if you've got a CS degree and are able to talk with humans, they still want to hear from you.

PM me or shoot me a resume and I'll pass it on.