Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

The Dreamer posted:

My experience: 4-5 years IT Operations Support, 4 of them as a System Administrator in a Windows Shop. M365, Azure AD, VMWare Horizon, SharePoint, Power Automate
What I'm Looking For: Non-Entry Level Engineering or Administration
What I'm Not Looking For: Helpdesk/Service Desk
Where I Live: Raleigh, NC Area
Where I'm Looking: Raleigh Area, East Coast US, Remote anywhere
When I Can Start: 1-2 weeks after offer
Requirements: Full-time, no contract, benefits, remote or hybrid

Can be reached via PM

PM sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
My experience: 10 years as a pharmacy tech, (2 years of healthcare computer janitoring, + 2 years as an healthcare Applications Analyst + 1 year as the primary SharePoint Admin in a 4,000 employee shop (all within same company)) -- lot of experience with SharePoint, Power Automate/Power Automate Desktop; built whole departmental workflows from the ground up within FreshService, solid REST API experience, tons of experience in AAD (reorganized AD, automated onboarding based on job title for non-IT roles) and on-prem AD. I can talk to end users about technical stuff in a way that doesn't make them feel less than or stupid. Admin'd SAP Concur, DocuSign, Envi, RightFax, Sage 100, Prophix and other apps. Built RPAs for each of those in varying degrees with quantifiable and honest tracking. My RPAs have saved almost 3x my salary in time savings in the past 12 months. Travelled to clinics across country every few months to study their processes and provide feedback/build automation
What I'm NOT looking for: Service Desk or people management
What I'm looking for: RPA/low code automation work/process improvement (being under someone who can teach or show different ways of thinking or approaching problems is a massive plus as well)
Where I live: Fort Myers, FL
Where I'm looking: Remote
When I can I start: I'd prefer 4 weeks to give my team some time to try and find someone else; they're good dudes.
Requirements: Full-Time, no contract work -- Remote or local to Fort Myers preferred. OK with travel on a ~monthly basis, but not looking to move.
Can be reached via: PM

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 18, 2022

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Worth checking here — tl;dr I can do automation stuff and can talk to people like people

What I’m Looking For:
RPA development or something automation adjacent — preferably under someone who I can learn from to get to the next step. I’d say that I’m a qualified Junior RPA Developer.

My Experience:
I’m great with ITSM management (5 years FreshService experience), I use my company’s current ITSM to automate all sorts of mundane things (account creation, account update, account removal, approval workflows, basically anything that people hate wasting time on).

Have built Power Automate/Power Automate Desktop flows that follow up on tickets and child tickets all via API. I’m solid on figuring out APIs and honestly love building new stuff to help people. I’ve documented the savings on the RPA stuff I’ve built in my 2,000 person company and it’s at $1.6M since July 2021. I’ll more than pay for my position with hard, verifiable figures.

Fair amount of on-prem AD and Entra experience.

I’ve managed my company’s 800+ Sharepoint sites for two years and made meaningful improvements where I’ve been able to.

I’ve administrated tons of on prem and SAAS programs (Concur, O365 Suite, SharePoint, Adobe, Sage 100, RightFax and a lot more) but dig that much less than RPA.

Basically I can figure out whatever you throw at me and give you an automated workflow that makes sense that are clearly documented, have clear failure catches and will make you look good.

Where I Live:
Florida

When I Can Start:
I’d like to give a month’s notice, my current boss is spectacular

Requirements:
Remote but quarterly travel is acceptable.

Can be Reached:
via PM

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Mantle posted:

Totally random but I've been keeping my eye on Framework because I'd love to work there and they're looking for someone like you.

https://jobs.lever.co/framework/5ae8847b-01e6-4752-b746-1f072d627776

It would be awesome to have a goon on the inside. Good luck with search.

If I didn’t make more and wanted to do service desk again I’d apply. I dig their business model and support right to repair type stuff. Seems like as far as service desk goes it would be a decent gig.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

marhom posted:

Got laid off in one of the rounds last year and ... haven't even gotten a phone screen from anywhere this year? I know things aren't *that* bad.
My experience: ~10 years industry, ~6 in academic cs (computer vision/generalist ML stuff), master's in cs - primarily a lot of big data / pipelining work recently (Spark, Java/Scala, some Python); reach out for a resume
What I'm looking for: remote backend/data engineer role - ideally mid-sr. IC track, not manager
What I'm NOT looking for: in-person, frontend
Where I live: NYC
When I can start: immediately
Requirements: i'm immunocompromised so remote is a hard requirement, unfortunately.
Can be reached via: pms, jonathanpoock at gmail

How the poo poo are YOU not getting phone screens with a masters and experience?

That’s wild to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

HexiDave posted:

My experience: 2 years Software Developer on DevOps team. Specifically working with Python, AWS, CICD
What I'm looking for: IT based role with opportunity to learn
What I'm NOT looking for: A management/leadership position
Where I live: Austin, TX
Where I'm looking: Remote / Austin area (Hybrid)
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Full time, 60-65k+ yearly salary, Remote (Ideally)
Can be reached via: Email: Randy.Williams@live.com

Posting for a very good friend of mine who was let go without any kind of notice right as life kind of jumped up to bite him. I won't go into the whole insanity behind the company he was working for (I ran their IT department for a few years prior and left), but I'm pretty sure it's not commonplace to thank someone for their work, ask them to start a new project, then immediately turn around and fire them by email (and then lock their account so they can't read it lol).

If anyone has any Junior-level positions opening up, I'd really appreciate you reaching out to him. We - and the people I know at the company he was just at - are totally baffled by the whole thing, and he really needs the work right now.

$60-65k is a pittance for software dev work, especially near Austin, no? That just hurts my heart to see, some of our tier one guys make near that with OT.

Best of luck to your friend. Wish I had something for him.