Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

OWLS! posted:

Just shot you guys my resume. I'm East-Coast USA but relocation is not an issue, and the gig sounds pretty cool.

I have been seriously thinking about sending my resume their way. I'm in the same boat, but unfortunately I won't be able to relocate for 6 months or so. Dying to get to the Denver area, and Xero seems like a great company!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Wicaeed posted:

I guess it's video game company hiring season or something?

Check out the myriad of job postings here: http://pwe-inc.com/career

Ignore the various misspellings and missing characters, our admins insist on importing resume's into our website by hand, and it shows :negative:

Of note:

1. Systems Engineer
2. Database Administrator
3. Network Engineer
4. IT Desktop Support

I can speak the most about positions #1, #3 & #4.

The Systems Engineer position will most likely be working on our Network Operations team, which has it's hand in almost every customer facing aspect of our data center environment. You can expect to deal with Linux (CentOS) and Windows (2008/2012) every day, with maybe some storage stuff thrown in (Equallogic). We expect solid skills in either Windows or Linux OS (kind of rare to find someone who is well versed in both) and would expect whomever we hire to train up to a mid-level understanding of the OS's we use in relatively short order.

We're really looking for someone who can come in to kick rear end and take names. We're a pretty tight knit team that knows how to have fun, yet also knows when to buckle down and get to work. The company itself is pretty stable, our department specifically. We haven't had any layoffs in the time that I've been there (going on 2+ years) so if you find yourself enjoying the work, expect to stick around for a good, long while.

Feel free to PM your resume + cover letter to me, or pepper me with any questions you might have.

Same Wicaeed that played Eve? Small world.

A lot of those job posting do not have locations. Are they remote work positions?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think it's funny that you have to clean up cat piss and deal with crazy cat ladies but no you can't be a stereotypical "computer guy." Good luck with that. Any decent computer guy with people skills isn't going to want to work with a bunch of crazy cat ladies.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, if I'm looking at resumes something with an AOL email is going to the bottom of the stack. How can you be in IT and have an AOL email. How can you even post on SA and have an AOL email?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Seriously, I also thought it was a joke. Combine the "only apply if you LOVE technology" and the "only LONG TERM candidates considered" and that's just too many creepy desperate red flags in one post. And I generally think that I love technology and prefer long term jobs.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

If you are okay with the Ft.Lauderdale area and an MSP, shoot me a PM. I may be able to hook you up with someone.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That sounds loving awful.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Nevermind. :iiam:

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 15, 2016

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Maybe you've already thought this through, but do you really want your first and last name on the forums?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

BigPaddy posted:

If you have to ask...

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but just in case this helps someone, spoilers don't stop bots from harvesting your email address.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Head Bee Guy posted:

We like to call it a pivot.

And we have a bunch of open positions!

Who we are: Citizen, a public-safety app
Where we are: Financial District, NYC

Engineering Manager
Backend Engineer
Lead UX Researcher
HR Business Partner
Head of Marketing
Product Marketing Manager

No, seriously, your app loving sucks and you should stop trying to recruit people.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm a newly minted mod who needs to make his mark on the world! Does anyone have any good ideas on how to reboot this thread?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Let's not get too carried away with the nonsense please. This thread has generally been pretty good about not having a bunch of poo poo posts in it. :)

If you have a suggestion, speak up. If you are looking for a job or have a job opening you want to share, speak up. I'll even allow some discussion about specific job postings!

But that call for suggestions was not an open invitation to poo poo up the thread.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

lol, if anyone else thinks their jokes are funny enough for a 6er, go for it

just don't get mad at me for probing you when you were clearly asked not to

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Howdy folks.

I don't want to say we can't discuss the companies that people post job postings for here, but let's not go too off the rails. This conversation seems to be heading that way. If we could dial it back a notch, that would be nice. Thank you!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

KillHour posted:

I have no input other than to thank you for doing this. I know not all companies let you do this but they really should.

Colorado actually just passed a law requiring employers to post salary ranges in job postings. Not perfect, but hey, it's a step in the right direction!

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/01/01/colorado-laws-businesses-employers-workers-2021/

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Riven posted:

Hey all, I'm CTO at a non-profit that provides free, 1:1, 24/7 tutoring for low-income high school students. I'm hiring a mobile developer. You can find a lot more info here: https://upchieve.welcomekit.co/jobs/mobile-engineer_brooklyn. While the url says "brooklyn" it's actually a fully-remote position, but I can only hire folks living and eligible to work in the 50 states.

You'd be writing the app from scratch with as much support as the rest of the engineering team can provide, in React Native. Working directly with our me, our product manager and UI/UX designer on requirements/design. I'm not looking for a React Native expert as much as someone who has experience putting mobile apps into prod, so if you're an experienced mobile dev and interested in working with React Native, that works!

More than welcome to keep this here, but I just wanted to let you know that there's also a job thread in The Cavern of COBOL. https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=202

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

wargames posted:

even if its regressive home policy and i have to move across the country it probably pays more then where i am at and i NEED a change.

Do it goon! Do it! And good luck!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

You can also cross post to the programmer job thread here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875694&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

One is in the general IT forum and one is in the programming forum. I don't really find that a particularly odd setup, considering we have separate forums for those things.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

One of my old coworkers did it. It was a dream of hers and she just kept trying. Still sounded like the equivalent of becoming a pro baseball player or something. I think she did tech training and some ancillary logistics related to tech. She got back right before the pandemic and I haven't had a chance to catch up. I bet that's a job with some stories!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The internet is also not the best. Limited ability to get supplies in by ship. Even during the good parts of the season, I think they have to clear several miles of ice using an icebreaker ship.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Verisimilidude posted:

There you go!

Good on you. Thanks for doing that.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Please don't make this thread about the morality or utility of crypto and please don't recommend people invest in crypto. I don't want to try to enforce any sort of ban on people speaking up if a job posting is for a morally iffy company, but I also don't want to see this thread turn into D&D for employer chat. I feel like we're all mature enough to handle "yeah, but your company sucks" with "yup, unfortunately it's what I need to do to pay the bills and I just wanted to share incase anyone else has bills to pay."

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sirotan posted:

P.S. There no longer appears to be a spreadsheet in the OP so maybe we can update the thread title?

Good call, thank you. The spreadsheet was removed because people were defacing it.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

navyjack posted:

PMing you as soon as I’m home and not phone-posting

I can vouch for navyjack. He's a good dude!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Wrong thread. :)

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

Would it be appropriate to make a post for a very close friend of mine here? He's just starting out in IT support after deciding to put inside sales support behind him.

go for it

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm cool with it! Also may not be a bad idea to stop by the Working in IT thread.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Here is fine if you'd like. You can also stop by here -
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653857

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Good call on the resume thread in BFC!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think here would be good if you think it fits. Post it! I'm not aware of a better spot. If anyone else is please speak up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Awesome, thanks for sharing that. :worship: